• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon: The High 6-C Re-Redowngrading

What about finishing this revision before starting to talk about another one, just before people forget about this one just like Overwatch.

Mid-Evolved Pokémon are fully 7-B, so I don´t think he would last too long, if we leave at a side that it´s Low 7-B, in which case he can last weeks before an Hyper Beam hits him or something.

Wait, what? I thought they were all Low 7-B.

The Wright Way said:
Wait, what? I thought they were all Low 7-B.
Read it carefully, I did it in a way so it could be taken as that I was saying that mid-evolved Pokémon are 7-B, when I even put clear they are just Low 7-B.

They'd actually be downgraded to 7-A+ via scaling to Pupitar's mountain feat, which is 530 megatons and so close to 7-A+.

I mean, if we scaled it to fully evolved ones, it would not make much sence, as you know, Tyranitar is a thing.

I remember seeing once a feat in the anime where 3 Blastoises make a big rain that turns off a forest fire, by the way, the feat didn´t even last too long, so it could be calculated.

Fully evolved pokemon, to my understanding, would be 7-A+ specifically because they should be superior to Pupitar, who is on the verge of but not quite at 7-A+.

Seems a bit innacurate and arguably a downplay, however.

Maybe there is something actually done by a fully evolved one that can scale? I even said a suggestion for that before (aka, the Blastoise thing)

?

I don't see how letting all fully evolve pokemon scale beyond the feat of a single, extremely powerful type of mid-evo 'mon is downplay. That doesn't make sense. If someone said "they can't be higher because Pupitar's feat", that could be argued as downplay.

I also don't think three Blastoise making rain that puts out a forest fire is anywhere remotely close to 7-A+, but I don't have any context.

@Overlord

I thought it was, but apparently it was changed to 7-A?

Not sure.

Regardless, I'd expect strong, fully evolve 'mons to still reach the upper bounds of Tier 7 regardless of what happens.

Overlord775 said:
Can you give a reasoning of why it is ?
Well, the verse has mostly MHS+ speed feats for regular Pokémon, but there is the solar beam discussion/controversy that tries to support the Poliwrath Doom Desire feat, which is only one feat of this caliber for third stage Pokémon [it should be outlier if it wasn't for the solar beam stuff].

Hyper Beam, Ice Beam, Charge Beam, etc, are likely comparable moves when it comes to speed to Solar Beam, by the way, so it isn´t outlierish TBH.

That's not how outliers work. Moves that scale (how would they even scale?) don't prove much unless they have comparable feats.

Not all beams are the same though. Unless you want us to assume both Hyper Beam and Ice Beam are also solar energy like Solarbeam. Which they are not. Being called "beam" does not make them the same nor comparable.

I mean why not scale Ash's Pikachu from his own best feat of intercepting cloud-to-ground lightning with its own (which outsped it). Rather than Relativistic

Which 7 are you referring too? Other than Flash and maybe Signal Beam I don't think there are many that qualify for legitimate SoL.

Flash

Solarbeam I believe was accepted

Doom Desire methinks

Maybe Luster Purge.

Maybe Flash Cannon

idk about the other ones he could mean.

Why was Solar Beam accepted again? A Beam charged with solar energy does not make the Beam itself light. That's like saying my solar powered car goes lightspeed because it uses solar energy.

Back