• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Magnitude 8 right? That's double the baseline for High 6-C. Neutral for me, but looks okay at a glance.

At or near total destruction ― severe damage or collapse to all buildings. Heavy damage and shaking extends to distant locations. Permanent changes in ground topography.
Magnitude 9 or greater.
The quakes caused when it walks make even great mountains crumble and change the surrounding terrai.
If it rampages, it knocks down mountains and buries rivers. Maps must be redrawn afterward.

The real cal howard said:
Yeah, but it's a serious outlier, as it makes Tyranitar above Lugia.
Artificialy dowgrading it enough to not make it an outlier is pretty dishonest thing to do...

If it really is described as magnitude 9 and that is an outlier than thats too bad

That said, I could probably upgrade Legendaries to petatons level via scaling to the Z Move Tectonic Rage.

It's more of Tyranitar's particular feat being an outlier, but Dugtrio and the other Pokemon not being so....I think.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
It's more of Tyranitar's particular feat being an outlier, but Dugtrio and the other Pokemon not being so....I think.
But...

didn't we just say that we wouldn't scale the mole to it? Using a feat done by someone we don't scale to it feels weird

Dugtrio casually causes 7.5 earthquakes (given the 60 mile range) on what seems to be a side effect of its digging. Earthquake the move has more power than Magnitude 8 but less than Magnitude 9. (Magnitudes 9 and especially 10 scale to no one for the same reason as Tyranitar's feat)

WeeklyBattles said:
iirc wasn't lugia's feat immensely casual?
Yes as IIRC, Lugia's feat is done with just simple wing flapping. It's as casual or even more casual than Tyranitars foot stomping mountains.

If the feat is extremely casual, then I don't see why Lugia still wouldnt scale above Magnitude 9 but thats just me. Going with a safe low end is always just as good an idea.

It's not just the Lugia thing. It's that 6-B non-Legendary Pokemon is an outlier in and of itself. They revolve around the max of various island feats. Discounting the outliers (and without the sake of a joke, some of them are out of context), it's well above their pay grade.

The real cal howard said:
It's not just the Lugia thing. It's that 6-B non-Legendary Pokemon is an outlier in and of itself. They revolve around the max of various island feats. Discounting the outliers (and without the sake of a joke, some of them are out of context), it's well above their pay grade.
If soldiers in Zelda are around that level I don't see why Pokemons can't be there too.

Cal, an outlier isn't a feat much higher than a previous feat, it's a feat that is contradicted by other feats (like lower feats done by characters that are much stronger than the one with the higher feat)

An outlier, strictly speaking, is a statistical anomaly. Having 0 supporting feats on a similar level can justify an outlier as well.

Edit: Also I agree with High 6-C

Given that quite some time has passed, this was widely accepted by quite a few members with no disagreements, with Kal's, LG's, & Dragon's support, and what seems to be support from Weekly & Saik (lmk if you're not in support), I'll start making the changes. Is that okay?

Lucky you, all you have to do is remove "+" from most files. I guess your laziness paid off for once. ovo

Neutral about the upgrades on ap or speed, but i will tell that once a Pokémon revision starts all the profiles that scale must be upgraded, including that top trainers that scale to this. The Relativistic speed that Howard applied was not applied to many other profiles while the Abomasnow feat was rejected by Kep, lastly Howard would need help because there are many profiles.

Back