• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The real cal howard said:
I can accept reacting to Flash being an outlier. It would require humans that can react at relativistic speeds.
But humans from pokemons have multiple showing of superhuman feats, some of them were even shown to be able to fight 1v1 pokemons

@Zex They can when shown. However, each time the planet thing is shown with Seismic Toss, it is not literal.

The real cal howard said:
I can accept reacting to Flash being an outlier. It would require humans that can react at relativistic speeds.
I mean...considering how Pokemon Battles work...it's not that crazy. At least for trainers.

Infinite speed is not even that unreasonable for Pokéhumans, considering Hareta dodged Magical Leaf, which ignores accuracy to always hit.

TriforcePower1 said:
Given that we reached a conclusion for Seismic Toss thanks to the clip, what's the next feat to discuss? Megas' tier?
Let's streamline this.

Current Discussion: Lightspeed Pokemon attacks.

I was attempted to go with Megas just to spite Weekly. ovo

@Dark That wasnt my suggestion :p

Someone needs to calc stuff like Rain Dance/Hail and Sunny Day, which make a horizon to horizon storm and can instantly disperse one respectively

Rain Dance is only High 7-C via standard CAPE assumptions and...we'd need a clip of Sunny Day actually dispersing a storm to quantify that.

I have a question. Would Pupitar not be much stronger than Low 7-B? I mean, it is said by the Pokédex to be able to destroy mountains only by thrashing and this could potentially upgrade the Pokémon's in the second stage of evolution

@Enryu

Yes, we are just wondering how to scale them. So let's talk Mid-Stage scaling to Pupitar.

It's notable, but as the Attack Potency page will tell you, even the high end's value of 35.65 Kilotons is 7-C. Funnily enough, Lanturn has a supposedly better feat calculation, according to Reddit. Problem is, it's an enormous outlier.

"Lanturn is known to emit light. If you peer down into the dark sea from a ship at night, you can sometimes see this Pokémon's light rising from the depths where it swims. It gives the sea an appearance of a starlit night."

"The light it emits is so bright that it can illuminate the sea's surface from a depth of over three miles [exactly 5 kilometers in Japanese original]"

"Yes you're reading this right, the light output of a Lanturn would have to be at least 10^105 Watts for its light to reach the surface. Each second it releases more energy than 10^35 observable universe mass energy equivalents.

So yay for Lanturn being like 3-A with Outliers? Obviously, the only Pokmon strong enough for this not to be an outlier to scale it to are Arceus & the Creation Trio & we already rate them higher than that for their own feats & statements.

Pardon me & that.

(Also, if anyone wants to verify the math in my place, or link to a blog on here that's already done so, I'd love that.)

Weren't there a handful of MHS+ calcs for Roaming Legendaries on NarutoForums? That seems like a good rating for Legendaries at least.

Imaginym said:
It's notable, but as the Attack Potency page will tell you, even the high end's value of 35.65 Kilotons is 7-C. Funnily enough, Lanturn has a supposedly better feat calculation, according to Reddit. Problem is, it's an enormous outlier.

"Lanturn is known to emit light. If you peer down into the dark sea from a ship at night, you can sometimes see this Pokémon's light rising from the depths where it swims. It gives the sea an appearance of a starlit night."

"The light it emits is so bright that it can illuminate the sea's surface from a depth of over three miles [exactly 5 kilometers in Japanese original]"

"Yes you're reading this right, the light output of a Lanturn would have to be at least 10^105 Watts for its light to reach the surface. Each second it releases more energy than 10^35 observable universe mass energy equivalents.

So yay for Lanturn being like 3-A with Outliers? Obviously, the only Pokmon strong enough for this not to be an outlier to scale it to are Arceus & the Creation Trio & we already rate them higher than that for their own feats & statements.

Pardon me & that.

(Also, if anyone wants to verify the math in my place, or link to a blog on here that's already done so, I'd love that.)
Yeah, we were already aware of this enormous outlier - I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this feat in some joke threads in the past.

bump.

We still haven't decided any revisions for stats and we still have High 6-C Pokemon. What exactly are our current ratings? Gonna be.

I am pretty sure Seismic Toss is no longer accepted, but what of the light speed attacks? And what about AP and Durability? I believe this thread is not gonna help at all, it was supposed to be a place for compiling stuff, but I will create separate threads for AP and Speed.

Wait, why are some profiles like Lucario changing to 7-A already? This doesn´t seem to be fully setted yet.

Back