• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon: Tier 6 strikes back

Maybe a "At least 7-A, Possibly High 6-C"? Or it´s just too questionable so far?

The only thing left I found that was interesting are Gyarados´ Pokédex entries, but I have a strong feeling they don´t get past tier 7 at best anyways.

So far you have shown no tier 6 feats so there is nothing that warrants a "possibly". Volcarona's feat is 7-B+ (pretty close to 7-A, interestingly), so that's not one feat. And Gigalith's feat has no timeframe. The timeframe of Solar Beam being fired doesn't impact the timeframe of whatever it hits being blown apart.

For an analogy, the Solar Beam thing is pretty much the same thing as saying that a person who gets killed by a bullet will fall to the ground as fast as one.

Gyarados' pokedex entries support the current rating more than anything, along with Octillery's and Electivire's (I think) 7-B feats

Kepekley23 said:
For an analogy, the Solar Beam thing is pretty much the same thing as saying that a person who gets killed by a bullet will fall to the ground as fast as one.
What if instead of being pulverized, it was vaporized? I know that´s easily questionable, but the tiering of such thing may be reasonable.

We don't even have proof of pulverization, let alone vaporization which is never assumed unless outright depicted. And the wording used is "blown away", which literally means the wind picks up the pieces and carries them away. It is only violent fragmentation at best.

I realzize that you'd like Pokémon to be Tier 6 but it's best to be patient about it and wait for a feat to actually show up.

Were Gyarados´s Pokédex entries already checked? I have a strong feeling that making fire in a weather as harsh as Kyogre´s Primordial Sea is not beyond tier 7.

Gyarados's feat is tier 7.

The only way the feat can be tier 6 is if you assume he can obliterate London or something - and that's clearly not what is meant there, considering it specifies he did this to ancient cities.

No. London is the world's biggest city by far. Seriously, man, downgrades are not the end of the world.

I mean, London isn't much of a stretch seeing as some pokedex entries say that Gyarados has "enough destructive power to totally annihilate even a major city.". But it's not specified if it does this all in one attack.

GyroNutz said:
I mean, London isn't much of a stretch seeing as some pokedex entries say that Gyarados has "enough destructive power to totally annihilate even a major city.". But it's not specified if it does this all in one attack.
Gen 7 said it, he takes 12 hours at most respectively, so I guess it can´t be appplied.

Gyarados fire

Kepekley23 said:
No. London is the world's biggest city by far. Seriously, man, downgrades are not the end of the world.
Coming from someone who considered downgraded to be that bad at one point of time, I agree with Kep here.

1. Using what is, as far as I'm aware, the biggest city in the world in raw diameter is definitely a huge stretch for "can destroy a major city".

2. Tier 6 is the entire London county/metropolitan region, not even just the city by itself.

3. The entry is based off of ancient times, where Gyarados would destroy large villages without a trace.

I think it's safe to assume that the entries about Gyarados destroying ancient villages are talking about something different to the entries saying that Gyarados has the power to destroy a major city. Although I'll take your word about the London part, since I didn't know that myself.

Out of curiosity, what is the average diameter for a major city?

That said:

"Once it appears, its rage never settles until it has razed the fields and mountains around it."

Seems like Gyarados can be a 7-A supporter, alongside Salamence and the other members of the "Mountain Something" boyband.

The timeframe is unknown. "Never settles until" implies this isn't done extremely quickly and takes a little while, otherwise this would be like saying "Once it appears, its rage never settles...until the next second where it has already destroyed everything"

Good point.

It taking over a minute would make the feat just 7-A at most, which seems to be consistent.

The OBD calc'ed the mountain moving at 7-C (which doesn't surprise me, since moving a mountain doesn't sound very impressive). The megaton punches would only be 1 megaton without any elaboration.

Fortunately we have lots of 7-A feats to scale from.

Maybe Tyranitar´s Pokédex entries could be not taken as an outlier and apply them, BUT only scale it to other pseudo-legendaries? That would make sence, especially considering tha Pupitar being in the same tier as it´s evolution seems weird.

I am going to try and recalc Tyranitar's step quakes sometime soon to see if the result is consistent.

Sure, but it's best if Kep and I handle it. There's a lot of profiles and it's best if we make as few mistakes as possible. You're welcome to help anyway though, and I'd appreciate it regardless.

Back