• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet discussion but better [Spoilers ahead]

some plot threads in the series can't even work with only three timelines.
Don't worry. Not gonna happen. The one thing GF never does is contradict established lore.
But you can trust the Pokémon movies. They don't disappoint. Dumb asf

All of them except maybe the base weather trio scale above the creation trio

Lugia doesn't even have anti feats other than Hoopa scaling who also don't have anti feats, and a portion of Raikou's power can beat Pokemon that can one shot Dialga
Ehhh are you planning to upgrade every legendary Pokemon to 2-A or something ? Anyway I always disagree about the the Creation being Tier 2 (including Arceus) but there is no hope in changing that especially when the lama got upgraded to low 1-C lmfao

v4pttccyl9391.jpg

Third Legendary was hinted right under our noses. Lol

Won't be surprised if an alien Pokémon species is introduced, kinda like Ultra Beasts

The lion head bruh....

And yeah, I missed that, but it does look like the reflection of outer space

Intriguing..........

v4pttccyl9391.jpg

Third Legendary was hinted right under our noses. Lol

Won't be surprised if an alien Pokémon species is introduced, kinda like Ultra Beasts
Sigh... The circled area. Use the two glowing orbs as the foundation for eyes.
Full picture looks like a lion head with a mane
This is either pareidolia or a very interesting Pokemon premise. No offense meant.
I can kinda see it.

not many of them but Darkrai did nearly fuse two universes, Cresselia scaling to him
There's also Alakazam, and Meteor Beam using the power of the whole universe (which actually refers to space and time in pokemon), Hoopa manipulating Hyperspace which is 4D at least, Ultra Beasts being stated to be higher dimensional in the japanese name of their TCG set which is supported by statements on a japanese website calling Ultra space a higher dimension implying its not a name fallacy, Celebi being stated on several occasions by even the narration that it has power that transcends time (which in pokemon contains infinite timelines), unown creating parallel worlds that Misty verbatim called a universe, and third stage wild Pokemon like Beeheyem and Mismagius creating dream worlds that are stated to be "another reality" (see the Pokemon called gods blog)

If you're gonna reply to this, do it in the main discussion thread and quote me

There's also Alakazam, and Meteor Beam using the power of the whole universe (which actually refers to space and time in pokemon), Hoopa manipulating Hyperspace which is 4D at least, Ultra Beasts being stated to be higher dimensional in the japanese name of their TCG set which is supported by statements on a japanese website calling Ultra space a higher dimension implying its not a name fallacy, Celebi being stated on several occasions by even the narration that it has power that transcends time (which in pokemon contains infinite timelines), unown creating parallel worlds that Misty verbatim called a universe, and third stage wild Pokemon like Beeheyem and Mismagius creating dream worlds that are stated to be "another reality" (see the Pokemon called gods blog)

If you're gonna reply to this, do it in the main discussion thread and quote me
Extraordinary claims.......

Well you can drop the scans in the main Pokémon discussion thread

I'm interested

There's also Alakazam, and Meteor Beam using the power of the whole universe (which actually refers to space and time in pokemon),
Can you show me scans for that ? As for the rest of your arguments nothing indicates tier "2" AP or durability, being higher dimensional or manipulating hyperspace isn't an AP feat as for transcending time (which is extremely vague by the way) then it's also not an AP feat either without further context

That>>>>>fusion
Fusions are a very good gimmick, being able to combine the movesets, types and abilities of two unrelated species leads into some genuinely interesting results, such as Gliscor + Salazzle for a Poison type that abuses Toxic Orb out of Corrosion+Poison Heal, or Florges+Tangrowth for a bulky Grass type that makes the most of Flower Veil in singles formats, and of course broken stuff like Zacian+Mawile for a mega with 150 base Atk+Huge Power and +1 Atk out of the pre-mega ability, and so it's something that works best in Pet Mods out of proper balance management so users don't just make the most broken things possible (Giratina+Delcatty so Pressure+Normalize render all opposing attacks Normal type, Huge Power + Clear Body doubling all stats, etc)

There's also the OM variant in Cross Evolution that does something similar but way more limited, but yeah, while it's a concept unlikely to be taken in canon, it's not really bad on itself in a gameplay standpoint.

Fusions are a very good gimmick, being able to combine the movesets, types and abilities of two unrelated species leads into some genuinely interesting results, such as Gliscor + Salazzle for a Poison type that abuses Toxic Orb out of Corrosion+Poison Heal, or Florges+Tangrowth for a bulky Grass type that makes the most of Flower Veil in singles formats, and of course broken stuff like Zacian+Mawile for a mega with 150 base Atk+Huge Power and +1 Atk out of the pre-mega ability, and so it's something that works best in Pet Mods out of proper balance management so users don't just make the most broken things possible (Giratina+Delcatty so Pressure+Normalize render all opposing attacks Normal type, Huge Power + Clear Body doubling all stats, etc)

There's also the OM variant in Cross Evolution that does something similar but way more limited.
fusions are cool but way too hard to make.
The only way to implement them is the same way as mega evos

There's some websites that automatically make a sprite fused from two mons, but something like that for 3D models is far harder to do properly, if even possible (We're well past the point of every single combination getting its own manually done model, especially with dexit, let's just say Unown + Alcremie alone has 1764 possible combinations out of the forms, and that's not counting shinies).
At best we'd just get recolors based on one of the components.

v4pttccyl9391.jpg

For clarification, I restate my opinion that this is either pareidolia or a very interesting Pokemon premise. No offense meant.

Visually, if there is a lion, I wonder where its limbs are.
Anyway, perhaps this should be considered, if only for thoroughness. Or approached thematically.
Plus, a lion legendary after Gen 7 already did one? & why associate lions with optical illusions? Or Spain? Sure, Pokemon worlds aren't always like their real world equivalents, even with the Legendaries (No Hawaiian lions either.) but it helps to make sense for the region.
Plenty of animals, like zebras, tigers & a bunch of others use optical camouflage. Pretty sure spots & such are examples of this, too.

Although, I'm not sure which parts are the 2 glowing eyes. If there is a lion face in this image, it appears to be rotated slightly counterclockwise, as if the "lion" is tilting its head towards the viewer's right.

If this is an intentional optical illusion, or such, of a lion, I think "Pareidolion" would be an excellent name.

If it's the region's third Legendary, as a counterpart to Koraidon & Miraidon, then what about in relation to them? Lions & lizards/dragons? Perhaps it's a different species? A chameleon Legendary? A basilisk?

What about thematic relations? The best I can think of is that "time is an illusion". It is only which events are happening & their order; The system called "time" is just something humans invented to help us understand the world we're in. Supposedly, some animals experience time at different speeds than we do.

Relatedly, the "past" & "future" "don't exist".
In terms of physics & on a macroscopic scale, the universe is almost certainly never identical between 1 moment & the next. & no matter what, you are always living in the "present"; By definition, the past already happened, & the future hasn't happened yet.
Of course, I find the idea that the "past" & "future" "don't exist" kinda ridiculous, as we have proof past events happen, & many aspects of our future can be predicted & then witnessed happening accurately to our predictions.

Nonetheless, the point is that, in a nebulous manner, time, & more specifically related, the "past" & the "future" are illusions. But if their counterpart is the present, what illusion is there in the present? Optical illusions & pareidolia seem to fit that criteria.

....Although, the credibility of this theory is seriously hurt by that Miraidon & Koraidon seem to have less to do with the supposed illusory nature of time, & more to do with motorcycle dragons.
Should we expect such a layer to any hypothetical trio they might have?

Last edited:
So apparently Fuecoco's little thing on the top of his head is flames which get bigger when he's excited.
This means that this is basically Fuecoco:
avatars-000704348416-x5bnrh-t500x500.jpg

What are your thoughts

seems sorta legit. Can't judge anything yet but with the way things are going i wouldn't be surprised. I just hope some concept shows up that upgrades the cosmology, though that is unlikely. But hey, possible immeasurable speed feats could appear, though, yet again, unlikely.

i do hope that pokemon fans don't start taking her words as gospel as i've looked into some of her content and she wasn't exactly right in some cases, specifically that one multiverse video where she says that Dialga never made anyone travel through time which is complete BS since the entire ending of Arceus and the Jewel of life as well as the whole plot of PMD explorers of sky revolves around the fact that it can indeed do that.

i do hope that pokemon fans don't start taking her words as gospel as i've looked into some of her content and she wasn't exactly right in some cases, specifically that one multiverse video where she says that Dialga never made anyone travel through time which is complete BS since the entire ending of Arceus and the Jewel of life as well as the whole plot of PMD explorers of sky revolves around the fact that it can indeed do that.
Pokemon fans don't even understand Pokemon

Pokemon fans don't even understand Pokemon
it's not that it's more of the fact that there's so much media that some people can't keep up or remember it all. However, i will say that making an explanation of the pokemon multiverse without knowing all facts and making statements directly contradictory to the plot of many important pieces of pokemon media is quite irresponsible and wrong.

Anything else we know about the 2 new legendaries? All i got is that they are past and future so they are probably aspects of dialga/related to it in some way, but is there some extra info i'm missing.

As for that scan, it does say "details are surronded in mystery" in the end so doesn't sound like a straight affirmation about their power as they are being vague, hard to say.

What mew posted about the optical illusion is huge and i'm lost, could someone summarize it, i understood it could possible be a third legendary being the past or even a spatial one

Koraidon is already the past mon (its name even comes from a JP word that refers to that), if we're going to get a trio with Miraidon (Whose name contains "future" in JP), per tradition with past games it'd surely be something in between, in this case the present.
Also...

Last edited:
Back