• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon Reburst: Songs of the People RP

"I don't think any of you are helping anyone right now," Jasmine muttered with a roll of her eyes. It'd take a few minutes for anything else to happen, but after several minutes had passed, and everyone got the suspense and anxiety out of their system, there were sudden, loud pops. Four of them, to be exact, two at a time.

"The hell was that?" Jasmine asked as she stood up, only for the car to lurch forward and knock her off balance for a moment.

"Drake, I'm assuming you had some bad run ins with the government? I'm sure your way of thinking came from somewhere."

"Actually, did those maybe sound like...gunshots?" Thomas asked, a tinge of concern in his voice.

Charley seemed to get nervous and his guard went up and, although it was useless, put his hand on his pokeballs containing Copter. "I feel like those might not be the tires...

"Then what about those two pops that happened right after the tires went out?"

"Anyway, if someone want to stop the van here, they would obviously be aiming for us, as we are probably the precious cargo here. Either that, or one of the officers, or the tech."

"Four pops, each two at a time, logically, we'd have driven over something that caused the tires to pop, starting with the front tires, then the back."

"Whatever's going on, I have a feeling it's gonna go badly for all of us," Diogo commented as he looked towards the doors to the van.

[I misread it, oops!]

"Oh, okay. Well, it'll still be fine. Even if someone's after us, we're still Trainers. We've got Pokemon by our side." Thomas nodded. "Yeah, I feel good things about this. I know it!"

"Hey, what the hell's going on out there?" You could hear someone from the front seat yell, to which a different one responded. "The tires are busted. They just popped."

"What do you mean they just popped?"

"I mean they weren't popped, and now, they are. I dunno what you want me to do about it."

From the back of the van you could hear the sound of the latch opening on the back doors and then being swung open, letting sunlight peer into the van.

"The hell is happening?" Jasmine asked.

"Except that we still can't open it in here. We need distance. Now how do we open the damn thing?"

I said, why checking at the door

Thomas was slighly stunned by the sudden light, before saying, "Ow, that's bright! Means we're outside, at least. That's good."

"Hey, did you just hear that?" Said a voice from the front of the van. "Did that damn door just open. I thought you locked it?"

"Of course I locked it! The boss would kill me if they escaped!"

"Then go out there and get it closed again!" This was followed by a car door slamming.

As everyone stepped outside, they'd find that no one actually open the doors to the van...at least no one nearby had, and instead there was just no one near by. Just empty air.

One of the guards came out from behind the van and flared at you all. "The hell did you runts do?"

"Oh, gee, sorry sir. I accidentally made the tires pop with my mind." Jasmine rolled her eyes. "We got nothing to do with it."

"It seems someone wanted us to stop here. I would be careful if I were you, though it is unlikely that will matter."

Thomas held up a hand to Jasmine, silently asking for her to keep the snarky comments to herself. "I'm sorry, sir." Thomas said to the officer. "We're just as confused as you about this whole thing. I swear."

"Well, whoever did this is likely on the way here now and we can't exactly leave, so, good luck, I guess." Nicholas says to the soldier, slightly mockingly.

Hearing Nicholas's comments, the guard made a face before chuckling. "What? You trying to threaten me, kid? Because that ain't a threat." He raised his wrist mounted gun and aimed it right at Nicholas's face. "This is a threat! Now, you punks are going to get back in that damn van so we can solve this, or I swear I'll-"

There was a vine that suddenly shot out from behind the group, past Nicholas's head and wrapped around the gun, and the man's name wrist that it was attached to. The man's eyes widened as he stared at the vines, which kept him from pulling the trigger. A feminine voice spoke. "No, I don't think you'll do anything."

With one flick of the vine that man was sent flying off into the nearby forest, screaming all the way. If they bothered to look back, where the vine came from, they'd see an oddly dressed woma. She oddly resembled those pictures that they showed of Burst Warriors, but...they worked for the government, didn't they?

"Are any of you injured? They didn't treat you poorly did they?"

"I'm fine, It seems I was correct, there was someone who wanted us to stop here. There's more of them in the front, by the way, so I'd take care of that if I were you."

"Oh, I wouldn't worry about them..." she spoke with a grin.

From the front they could hear more conversation. "Who the hell is that? Is that one of them burst guys?"

"He ain't on our side. I know that much. Open fire!" There was the sound of five gunshots in total. There was silence for a second before someone had apparently gasped.

"The hell? He stopped our bullets!" There then was the sound of big projectiles hitting the side of the van, and then three of the five men would run past the group of kids, only to be stopped in their tracks entirely.

"I have a partner," the lady finished as she watched the three become suspended in midair.

Back