• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon Reburst: Songs of the People RP

Jackythejack

They/Them
Meta thread

Our scene starts at a high school in the Kanto region, which lies under the jurisdiction of Pallet Town. This high school is where our twelve characters shall be. The day started off as just any normal day. Teachers were blabbering on and on about the subjects that they taught, and some kids were doing art, or P.E., or any other group of activities that were required for their classes. It was just as boring of a day as usual. With barely any money being funded to the smaller areas, the schools were in poor condition, but they were always just barely able to get by.

It was halfway through the third period when there was a loud, high pitched beep coming from the P.A. system (the same one they've had for about fifty years), followed by immense static. A voice could just barely be heard, mostly muffled by the static, but it was easy to tell that it wasn't the principle, or any of the staff that was working at the school. Instead, it was a deeper voice than anyone who worked there, yet surprisingly friendly in tone.

"Good evening you little rats. I hope you slept well on that floor you called a bed last night. This is a government representative speaking, and we have selected a few students, at random, to come with us for some very important official matters. I recommend you comply. Now, will the following students come to the office: Alexander Reznov, Fantaj─½ no Kyōkai, Charley Despo, Drake Blaze, Alexander Stratos, Diogo Brando, Thomas Ackerman, Nicholas Phoenix, and...Gary? His name's just Gary? That's all he told the school? Sounds like an ass...it's still on? Oh, uh, come down to the office, yeah."

As the intercom turned off, everyone in the classrooms that contained those specific students would then stare at them wide eyed. Some looked curious, others worried, and others were laughing about Gary. Either way, there was only one thing they could really do now...

"This seems...highly unusual and suspicious."

Ignoring the laugh, I nevertheless just come to the office.

"Something feels off about this, I suppose I'll go and see what it is then."

Nicholas went to the office.

Diogo was on the verge of daydreaming when he heard his name be mentioned in the PA.

"Who was that?" The student asked himself as he sat up. "And what business could he want with me in the office?" Taking a brief moment to consider the possibilities at hand, before deciding he should comply.

"I suppose I don't have any choice," Diogo admitted at he made up his mind, standing up and proceeding to make his way to the office. "Trying to defy your school's orders is just useless."

Charley Despo got up from his seat but he was quite nervous. He knew the government was a little bit...completely horrible and was kinda excepting to get stabbed but still he went to the office. The government was even worse when you didn't listen. He kept his guard up though.

Fantaji stretchs. "Gah, I wish they would call me Purple, I like that name..." She walks off to the office.

Alexander, with his hood up, sat up from his chair and leisurelywalked to the office, with hands in his pockets.

I narrow my eyes at the voice of the intercom.

"All this ... does not convince me" I say, getting up and following the others.

Thomas glanced up at the P.A. system that made the announcement. "Huh. I don't think I did anything wrong. Eh, I bet it's fine." As the young man exited his chair and left the door to his classroom, he thought aloud to himself, saying "Heck, maybe they're bumping all of us to better quarters. Yeah, this could be great!" Comforted by that thought, he jogged down the hall towards the principal's office.

@Starter

"You look like an optimist, as far as I'm concerned ... that government representative seems to me ... not so professional," I say, approaching the boy.

Once they would actually get into the office, they'd see several people who looked to be wearing official government, swat-like armor. They all had guns mounted onto their wrists and were standing around the office looking like they wanted to be anywhere else.

Once they had entered the office, the one who was standing next to the microphone for the intercom stared at them and he smiled. "Ah, there you are. Sorry for pulling you out of class, but it is important."

The man pulled out a clipboard from what was clearly the principals desk and pulled a pen out as well. He clicked it. "Now, just state your names and what pokemon you have." They couldn't be bothered to remember what they looked like of course...

Thomas slowed down to let the older student approach. "Well, maybe. But, as you said, I like to be optimistic about things. And I've got a feeling this'll turn out great!" Thomas then held out his hand. "Thomas Ackerman. Nice to meet ya!"

"Well, name is Gary (just Gary of course). And this is Riolu."

I said, before bringin out Riolu for a greeting.

"I'm Nicholas Phoenix, this is Porygon, now why did you call us here?" Nicholas says as he brings out Porygon.

@Starter

"Drake Blaze, pleasure," I say, shaking his hand.

[After we arrived at the office]

"Drake Blaze and i have a Solrock"I say with perplexity.

"Hey hey hey! Never said you needed to bring them out," he said as he pulled out a small black box and tapped a little button on it. The two pokeballs that were used started sparking, and a red beam shot out to force the pokemon back into their pokeballs.

"Hm...and I thought I could finally bring out Riolu for some fresh air"

I said, abit in distaste of him.

Thomas arrived in the office just in time to see the two Trainers having their Pokemon forced back into their Pokeballs. He subconsciously sighed, thinking it was a bit of a shame that he couldn't show off his Pokemon, but that could wait. He walked up and asked, "Hey there! So, do we know why we're all here yet?"

""If I have to. I'm Alexander, and this..." He takes one of his hands out of his pocket and releases his Pokemon. "Is Rotom."

Except Alexander would find that his pokeball didn't work. He would try to click the button, but the small pokeball wouldn't even expand in his hand, like a pokeball normally would to show that it was ready to be thrown.

"What part of don't show your pokemon do you idiots not understand," he muttered with a sigh. He glanced to Thomas. "You'll find out real soon, alright. Name, please. We need to make sure everyone is here."

Thomas gladly went first. "Thomas Ackerman, happy to be here!"

"You seem like you're the first one," he muttered as he wrote the names on the list and checked them off as everyone introduced themselves. He glanced back at Thomas. "You got a pokemon on ya, right?"

Most people still jumped at the chance to get registered for a pokemon at around age 10, so even then your first pokemon would Generally be given at ten years old or a little later, despite the restrictive policies to obtain one.

"Huh? Oh, I know." Thomas turned back to the officer. "Yeah, he's right here." He pulled the Pokeball off of his belt and showed it to him, not even touching the button. "His name is Yapper, my Popplio."

"My name is Charley Despo and I have my Yanma, his nickname is Copter by the way. He only seems to listen when people call him that." The pokeball in is his pocket gave a visible shake at the mention of "Copter."

Diogo folded his arms over his chest as he responded to the man. "My name is Diogo Brando, and my Pokemon is Archen."

"You're the one with the extra Japanese name," he muttered as he checked off all of the other names. Seemed she was the only native around here based off the names. He stood up from the principals desk and gestured to the exit. "We're gonna be going on a, uh...field trip. Yeah, s government sanctioned field trip. Just follow us."

Him and the five other men would then move outta the office and towards some big van out in the school parking lot. He'd open the back of the van and you'd find two other kids sitting on benches built into the back of the van, as if it was built to transport convicts. One of them, the boy, waved at them all. "Hello."

"Alright, everyone get in. Get nice and comfortable."

"I dunno. It'll probably be something fun, though. Something really important." He smiled. "I'm Spring, by the way. Nice to meetcha."

"Please, I doubt it'd be anything fun," said the girl with a roll of her eyes. "If I had to guess? Experimentation. Painful experimentation."

"Ok, two things ..."

"The first, government trip? I've never heard of it ... and at least the school should have sent a written notice for this kind of thing"

"And the second, our parents should have given us permission to leave for this ... no ... it doesn't convince me"
I think, narrowing my eyes.

"Mh ... what to do? I don't have much choice ... if I run away those men will probably take me" I continue to then sigh and get into the van.

Back