• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Let's Go: Pikachu & Eevee (Protagonist is RED)

Toxicity on Pokemon community. I hate f___ing Ash's fans and they hate Gen 1 (my favorite gen) for whatever reasons, including Pokemon Let's Go.

Red v1
Red: ... ... ...

picture from. What's my point here?
1. I want to hear your toughts about Let's Go and Gen 1 because I don't trust youtube and reddit. And your opinion questions below V

2. Is Let's Go a core game? disc: Pokemon Let's Go is a Core Pokemon Game, Not a Spin-off versus Pokemon, Let's Go! will NOT be the next main series game, instead that is coming 2019 for the Nintendo Switch 3. Is Let's Go a main series/line or spin-off? src: Press Conference YT and

4. Is Red from Gen 1 are same as Let's Go?

5. What is 2019 really is? src: Pokémon RPG title in development for the second half of 2019 Twitter

6. Let's Go Red would be added in vsbattle?

Red v2
Official Artwork for Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee Protagonists https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/8n4m7t/official_artwork_for_lets_go_pikachu_and_lets_go/

^ in 4:

Is Let's Go MC's Red S/M + R/B/Y

or Ash X/Y or Mixed Ash + Red

Because I am confused... I hate Ash replaced Red,

1. I'm gonna get the game when it comes out probably. Could do without the handholding and I don't really like the catch only system, but I can adapt. Following and riding Pokémon make it more than worth it. I like Gen 1 quite a bit. Actually, let me rephrase that. I like Kanto quite a bit. Gen 1 was in hindsight a buggy mess with terrifying sprites. Psychic Type was broken, Sleep was broken, Wrap was broken, Amnesia was broken, Freeze was instant death, Tauros is pretty much god. Kanto however, imo, has the best Pokémon designs in the generation. While every generation has its good Pokémon, and quite a few later generation Pokémon look better than most, of not all of Kanto's (Garchomp, Lucario, Greninja, Infernape, Salamence, etc.), I can't think of a Kanto Pokemon that looked dumb to me, while I can think of one for any other generation. Even the "uninspired" ones like Muk look cool still. Plus, as much as I love Rayquaza, Deoxys, and Palkia, Mewtwo's still my favorite Legendary. Blue is the best rival. Because he's an actual effing rival. Silver's cool af too, as he's also an actual rival. No rival after Silver actually makes you want to be better than them. May/Brendan quit halfway, Wally came out of nowhere, I actually really like Barry but he didn't really push me, nobody cares about Cheren and Bianca, Hugh was actually pretty good, people care even less for Kalos's rivals, and well...I like Hau and Gladion. Kanto's the Gen I've replayed the most, though that was because of emulators. If I'm only counting physical cartridges, that title easily goes to Sinnoh, with remake!Johto in second. Story wise though, unless we're counting manga, Kanto's the weakest there, for obvious reasons. Johto expands on Team Rocket more while every subsequent Gen raises the stakes. Only interesting plot developments in the games for Kanto were Giovanni's gym leader status, Champion Blue, and Mew and Mewtwo.

2. It seems to be some sort of sequel. Or yet another AU. Kinda looks to be going the Gale of Darkness route imo. Not a spin-off, not 100% core.

4. The Let's Go kid isn't Red, or at least not a version of Red that became the cool silent mountain dwelling protagonist we know and love. Looks completely different, and most importantly, the rival isn't Blue. Manga Red > Ash > Game Red.

5. If I don't get my Sinnoh remakes I'm gonna flip. But it's probably gonna be Gen VIII.

6. I mean, sure, but I'm tellin ya, that ain't Red.

Well I still think Let's Go kid is Red heavily because:

Hair and eyes colour matches HG/SS and Origins/Gen.

Let's Go Map inspired by FRLG

Let's Go based on F/B/Y

Cap Symbol matches Alola/S/M Red

Red+White pattern matches Red

Blue shorts matches Red

Red appeared to be silent npc on gen 2 and gen 4

Red Origins/Gen. travels X/Y region and appears to S/M

https://pastebin.com/BtMM1wti

Hmm... Wether you disagree or not, let's make a bet.

If Let's Go kid's name was Red I wins otherwise I lose.

It's just new styles like Ash different styles each seasons though. Maker can do whatever to the game and Red wether could or couldn't talk in the game/anime, because newer Red possibly newer personality/style.

NeoZex6399 said:
Looks good, but I'm not going to buy this game, I'm tired of Kanto, and I'm more interested in Pkmn2019.
No, watch the new trailer and https://pastebin.com/BtMM1wti

Let's Go is main series / main core. 2019 title. It's new title in 2019 "Pickachu" and "Eevee" is a titles And "Let's Go" is entitled device. 2018 is Let's Go switch and 2019 is another "switch" thus Pokemon Let's Go "new title" in 2019.

Gen 8 Pokemons would appear to Let's Go and Go+Let's Go is canon. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a79lXxzRJTU

Let's see... Hmm... ... ...!! Ok I'll change my opinion.

Let's Go kid name wasn't clear because you can rename your character and new rival.

I'm just Red fan but I guessed if Let's Go protagonist name wasn't Red my hype would fade away and I will Hate the reboot probably because they replaced Kanto protagonist, but anyways @Neo I'll agree with you temporarily. I don't care about Kanto, I am Red's fan. Gen 8 should be Red's return even Let's Go wasn't a core rpg.

Ugh f_ck this lack of data.

From what the original leaks said, which have been completely right so far, Red is gonna be in the game (as well as Blue), but as an NPC. Red by no means is going to be replaced, as he's the most iconic main protagonist, if not the most iconic human period, in the entire lineup of games. I'm also a Red fan (because no other protagonist actually does sh*t after their game is up) but he's not gonna be the main character. He's not being replaced, they're just shifting focus.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
@Zachary
I am waiting for Let's Go to make Arceus Tier 1 and Warhammer Adventures to make Ynnead Tier 0.
"Talen, Ynnead, Eldar lord of the dead is to the chaos lords what they are to humans"

Ah! I finally get it. Many people are confused about 2019.

They made a words usage, lol epic fail, because from what I've realized between "core" or "main". Points:

They should use "Gen 8 is core rpg" word not "Let's Go is spin off/core game/main series". Did you guys see the problem? because in press conference stated Let's Go Pickachu and Let's Go Eevee is main series was probably a reboot of Gen 1 and the Map inspired by FRLG and Let's Go based on F/B/Y which means Let's Go is Reboot of Gen 1 and Main Series of Gen 1. The problem is they think Let's Go as Gen 1 is a spin off was an insult to Gen 1/3 fans so they defend the idea of Let's Go was a main series, And next problem on the other side the people mistaken it Let's Go was a Gen 8 which made non fan of Gen 1/3 mad and hates Gen 1/3 so hard.

Ugh we humans have gone too far not to realize this conclusion wut?!

Come follow me bro and sis!! spread these words/conclusion to make people shut up.

Am I the only one who feels like the OP is attacking somebody? Like, really, really blatantly? Don't we have rules against that or something? Disliking Ash is one thing. That's fine I guess. I've always been fine with him myself. But he is outright saying, and I quote DIRECTLY from the OP, "I hate f___ing Ash's fans". This is a nice discussion, and I don't mean to derail it, but shouldn't we do something about this?

Not really attacking someone and it's my opinion (Oh wait I'm attacking Ash cuz He sucks, no more explanation period).

If you're curious.

If you are talking about my slur words, you do realize this OP is a month ago before An important warning to the community news to people in this wikia.

If you mean "I hate Ash's fans", then "it's my opinion" since this is why I hate them:

1. Cuz judges my presumptio and this is why I don't trust PokeYT's comment sectio anymore. (So yeah I delete my replies cuz post = oil and disagreed ppl = fire and I don't want the fire to spread)

2. They spew b- about Red and I don't like it period. (via Red's haters on YT)

3. They hate Gen 1 (for some stupid reason) and I like Gen 1, you cannot deny this fact since it's a common hate on YT. (via experience on YT)

Decision: Should I edit and remove "I hate f- Ash's fans" your choice I'll do it since your the only one mentioned it. (I almost forgot this OP though)

Not exactly going to be winning any favors with "I hate Ash fans" because that's generalizing all Ash fans into one group. Just because you dislike Ash doesn't mean someone can't like him. I can argue how much of a boring piece of plywood compared to Ash, but you don't see me going "I hate Red fans". No matter how you cut it, that's rude.

1) I'm gonna get it. I am not the biggest fan of Kanto. It bores me and after playing through Yellow recently, I am not a big fan of Kanto (or Gen 1), and I dislike the hand holding and the Pokemon GO mechanics. But, any excuse to use a Mew in my main adventure and good enough for me! Gen 1 as a whole to me is boring. Has some good designs, but a good chunk of Pokemon in said gen I dislike, especially seeing as people like to shit on later gens like V-Vll despite Gen 1 having the same issue. And no, it being the first gen is not an excuse. But this will get me ranting about the communuity in general.

2-3) If they say it is a core game then it is a core game. It's not up to the fandom to decide. Either way it shouldn't matter. If it's fun, that's all that matters

4) That isn't Red. It's not Ash either. It's a brand new character.

5) Either Gen lV remakes or Gen Vlll. I'll love it either way.

6) Yes.

Honestly going to skip this one. I've got only so much money to get games, and there is a ton of games on my list before Kanto rehash number 4. It just generally looks like a dumbed down version of the main games with little things to interest long-term fans. Going to wait for the next mainline one.

Actually I think it was confirmed to be the younger versions of the protagonists from Pokemon Go. Though I don't exactly remember.

@Dragonmasterxyz Alright I see I will clarify something. I think "I hate Red fans" would be a wrong word to pick. I think it should be: "I would hate ppl when they extremely hate gen1 and spew b- on Red just being gen1". Anyway I mean no offense to @Saik or @Dragon cuz you guys didn't hate gen 1 to the extreme. When I said extreme: they spew b- on gen1 characters and hating on genwunners :/

Hm... Gen 8 is not DPP confirmed (I heard it on the YTber telling about new info related to Gen 8 and in twitter, the Dev stated so) AFAIK. No hate on DPP cuz I hadn't watch the gameplay (no, seriously every gameplay on every generations are same lol).

Pokemon Red on Minecraft

@SomebodyData I dunno why Red's lore being outdated all time while Ash's lore was updated all time. Some guy on YT said I telling lies when I claimed Ash's lore affects Red's lore cuz I assume Ash is Red's counterpart and even they're different people, still, it has something to do with Ash's lore and this is why I think Red's lore outdated and unrevealed for several years. (why he's considered battle legend which is suspicious)

and seriously if Developers replace Red being protagonist on Kanto just because there is Ash and Yellow is coincidentally identical to Anime and then I would hate Let's Go for that reason and move on Gen 8 still I like Gen 1/3 even they change kanto on LG. (insert slur word here)

Back