• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon General Discussion Thread Gen VIII Part 2: Where´s my Primal Arceus?

Choice Scarf Ditto is a classic for all tiers, it allows Ditto to always and reliably move first, without having to worry of speed ties or at most only having such against other scarfed Pokémon.

There's no other item that adapts as well for Ditto in nearly all scenarios.

I think there should be something that I need to say here, so let me remind everyone that we should be treating all Galarian Form Pokémon similarly to the Alolan Pokémon on this site.

In other words, Galarian Weezing and Rapidash, among others, should be getting their own profiles, instead of hybridizing them with their mainland counterparts. Don't want something like Golem to happen again in the new generation. (This should be fixed, by the way.)

...That is all.

We should need more Gen VIII Pokemons pages here (mostly Grimmsnarl and Hatterene so we can have a thematic husbando and waifu wars matches lel)

Also Giratina stabbing Diamond That one made me sad cause i thought that he died and he is my fave character in the manga

@LordWhis

As I mentioned, we don't want hybridized profiles for either Galarian or Alolan forms of Pokémon. Golem is an example of the sort of thing that I don't want to see done.

His profile needs to be changed so only the Mainland version of the character remains, while also creating a profile for Alolan Golem as well.

And while most of the Mainland Pokémon had it removed by this point, making profiles for the Alolan versions of Pokémon like Marowak and Sandslash would be wonderful to see. For reference, you should look at Alolan Exeggutor or Alolan Muk to see what needs to be done.

HenryWong122 said:
Who in the hell Choice Scarves a Ditto?
Who doesn't? Ditto is just an inferior version of your opponent's Pokemon; the only reason to use it is if it wins the speed "tie", which it does with a choice scarf

I like how only this popped up when I searched "Galarian" on the wiki bar.

Too bad his tier doesn't match any Pokémon.

Well I mean, the feat they stalmated was technically a plent level feat (was calc'd at that) so, either say they stalmated the tol's pull or give an explanation as to why the planet level feat is actually multi solar system, and then scale them to it (wouldnt be that far off, given mewtwo has a comparable feat) or take off that note from dark matter's page as stalmating planet busters aint much if youre a solar system buster.

What is the reason behind Gigantamax Corviknight being 6-B?

Asking because apparently G-Max Alcremie scales to it, and Corviknight doesn't have a profile yet IIRC, plus I need a low-end for Eternamax Eternatus.

Bobsican said:
Asking because apparently G-Max Alcremie scales to it, and Corviknight doesn't have a profile yet IIRC, plus I need a low-end for Eternamax Eternatus.
his wing flaps > Lugias wings flap, because of the dex

>his wing flaps > Lugias wings flap, because of the dex

That's wrong though, unless you're honestly extrapolating the dex saying any hurricane to mean even Lugia's, which arent even explicitly called hurricanes. Just storms, which doesnt equate to a hurricane (and even then the dex explicitely mentions it to be an extremely light fluttering of Lugia's wings while Corv doesnt suggest it's casual, ergo scaling 1:1 is impossible to begin with, as well as Lugia's lasting 40 days as well), even then going by that logic Tyranitar would be at least 5-B among other pokemon because it uses such terms as any as well while describing how it's able to tank all attacks.

Going by this logic as well, Corviknight is actually planet because it's above Kyogre's storm too if taken literally.

Ovrhide said:
Bobsican said:
his wing flaps > Lugias wings flap, because of the dex
It doesn't really seem like the flapping of its wings are more powerful because Lugia's statement doesn't talk about how powerful the winds it just talks about how long the storm last.

Chariot190 said:
Going by this logic as well, Corviknight is actually planet because it's above Kyogre's storm too if taken literally.
Technically that storm got recalced at Low 6-B/6-B

Back