• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon General Discussion Thread Gen VIII Part 2: Where´s my Primal Arceus?

Pokémon Special Sun & Moon Chapter 36

https://********.org/chapter/736828

Pokémon Special B2W2 Chapter 546 Part 2

https://********.org/chapter/735038

Oh what the hell, that actually doesnt look half bad. Especally the animation, it has the expressoveness of sm but the hardness of classic.

What makes Ash winning the Alola League that much better is when you realize the league itself actually avenges all of the specific things Ash lost to in the previous leagues. Not just because of Ash winning the league.

Strong symbolism.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
What makes Ash winning the Alola League that much better is when you realize the league itself actually avenges all of the specific things Ash lost to in the previous leagues. Not just because of Ash winning the league.
Strong symbolism.
Such as?

That's ok, but final evolutions are what matter, the middle evolutions always look off, unless youre grovyle or something. He lucked out and looks good all the way through.

Basically what Chariot said. Middle Stages are awkward transitions. But look at the likes of Rowlet's middle stage and Decidueye.

Unless your name is Braixen, Grovyle, or Dewott, people normally aren't fans of your middle evolutions.

Looking at you, Quilladin.

I guess middle stages are the Pokemon you'd spend the least time with, making them more forgettable. Can't think of many Pokemon where I prefer the middle stage over the final stage.

GyroNutz said:
I guess middle stages are the Pokemon you'd spend the least time with, making them more forgettable. Can't think of many Pokemon where I prefer the middle stage over the final stage.
pi
Pikachu

I didn't really mean Pokemon who were given a baby form in later generations.

Chariot190 said:
Saw this mentioned elsewhere, but this:

1.) Ash defeated one of his rivals Hau with his Rowlet after it fell asleep. This avenges his Indigo League loss when Charizard fell asleep against Richie's Pikachu for refusing to battle it.

2.) Ash defeated Kukui's Incineroar, a fire starter Pokémon with his own fire starter Torracat to avenge his Johto league loss when Charizard lost to Blaziken.

3.) When Ash won his battle against Hau, he won it with Rowlet wearing clothing resembling Decidueye to avenge his Hoenn league loss after Tyson beat Ash with his Meowth that was wearing clothing.

4.) Ash defeated 2 legendaries (Gladion's Sivally and Tapu Koko) and also had 2 legendaries himself (Melmetal and Naganedel, an ultra beast) to avenge his loss against Tobias's Darkrai and Latios in the Sinnoh League.

5.) Ash defeated Kukui's Lucario to avenge his loss to Cameron's Lucario in the Unova league.

6.) Ash beat his edge lord rival Gladion and not only survived, but absorbed a BURASTO BAN, to avenge his defeat to Alain in the Kalos league.

And to put the sprinkles and cherry on top

7.) Ash surpasses his final hurdle and wins the closing battle of the league with Pikachu, his starter and longtime pokemon partner instead of regional aces.

Those are ok, I like 2 a bit, which if you recall the afleck leak, mentioned that in it (and that leak is 100% real, everything in has been real, months in advance from naming unrevealed pokemon, gym leaders, minigames, etc). The final evo is actually my least favorite of those 3 though oddly enough, still decent hough, it's top notch dex filler.

Huh, odd, not bad but different, gives me the beta gs pokemon vibes, you know which, the gabumon looking one. Anymore of those? Those screenshots look legit, consistent style and dex, even with the starter evos above and a few of those coincide with leaks in the past like afleck.

Honestly, I dont really like the latter, I like bond but that just doesnt look right. The former is cool though, even though when i look at it all I see is Houndour, but as a gorilla.

Scorbunny's final evo plus like 7 more gigantamax pokemon got leaked too, I quite like the gigantamax pokemon and hatrine or whatever its called.

That second one looks kinda like Accelgor.

You should probably caption your images btw, there's bound to be people who don't want the spoilers.

Back