• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon General Discussion Thread Gen VIII Part 2: Where´s my Primal Arceus?

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Might be the only one who actually cares, but im just sitting here CRYING UP A STORM over the finale of Sun and Moon. Absolutely best ending I have ever seen in a season of the anime.
And not just because Kukui's going to be a father now!
I don't follow that much the anime, but they really went full force with putting emotion on this one.

Lol, every time a generation ends and one starts I can't help to feel hyped over a new adventure and a new land to explore =P

So, i added the Volatile Status to that old blog, i just didn't added the status that are move specific, since that part of the Notable Techniques should cover them

I think where possible you should relate it to the anime. Flinching, for instance, may be thought of as game mechanics, but it's legit as shown by fights such as Paul vs Cynthia (yes, that's the best clip I could find that's not an AMV)

subtitles are a thing

Ash: "Why is Weavile just standing there?"

Brock: "Dragon Rush is a move that focuses the body into a weapon that strikes with incredible power. Any opponent loses its ability to escape from it."

I mean, Weavile did used a move Ummm, interesting, the bulbapedia has a photo of a Magmar Flinching in the anime, but i don't know the context to that

Yeah it seems to be different in the anime. You can attack, you just can't move. Interestingly, it's the opposite in Mystery Dungeon.

I thought so too, but apparently composite rules means that all mediums should be treated equally. Still, flinching happens way more in the games.

In the games yes. In the anime, I'm not sure. I think Hala's Hariyama used it and made Pikachu flinch.

How do the composite Pokemon profiles even function, anyways?? The games, anime and manga are all very difference, especially in lore and mechanics. I feel like those composite profiles are awful by default since, well, they are compositing completely different things.

GyroNutz said:
I think where possible you should relate it to the anime. Flinching, for instance, may be thought of as game mechanics, but it's legit as shown by fights such as Paul vs Cynthia (yes, that's the best clip I could find that's not an AMV)
who said you couldn't use an AMV guy-

Ayewale said:
How do the composite Pokemon profiles even function, anyways?? The games, anime and manga are all very difference, especially in lore and mechanics. I feel like those composite profiles are awful by default since, well, they are compositing completely different things.
There was a thread made on this, but I forgot the link.

Well I needed a video that had what Brock was saying in it.

As for composites, the games are how it originated, with the manga and anime being stated to be canon by WoG (or something to that effect). Really, the mediums aren't all that different anyway.

CrackerVolley said:
Game is out now, not sure if I want to pay $60
i have played enough that i think i can tell you if its worth it.

so what would you like to know to see if you would like to pay the price?

Gonna be honest, the constant exp share, no offense to anyone who doesnt care, was ******* stupid.

It forces you to either not do any exploration, catching pokemon and battling trainers because your team will get overleveled way to fast thus effectively rendering the rest pf the game a clean ohko sweep or you can catch pokemon, battle trainers, do a bit of exploring but now youre gonna sweep through the game and the battles that would normally be challenging. Which is sad because the gym leaders, at least one or two are quite interesting and while not hard and you wont exactly fail to win, can put up a challenge if youre not overleveled.

It's a pain in the ass, I have to box my entire team each time I wanna go catch some shit. Exp.All is good for end game grinding and training up hatched eggs but in game? It's a detriment despite how how you play, the choice getting removed did nothing but hinder both playstyles. It being an option would of prevented that but it was taken out, for an alleged reason that isnt why anyone actually used it in the first place, in game at least.

unfinished... i guess because theres not much in it. i think we have literally less than half of things in the game than in USUM. counting dex, story, moves, mega evolutions, Z crystals. graphics wise, its obviously an improvement over the last.

btw, i think something is wrong with the story. and i dont mean that to hate, like, towards the end it literally felt like there was plot missing. im probably not the only one who felt this way near the end, right?

Back