• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon General Discussion Thread Gen V: Sequels in Demand

Drite77 said:
My good sir, i always defend the rights of a racional being having an opinion, but, with all due respect, i would like to see yourself and this opinion of yours to be thrown in the shit, where you belong
For you again Davidsteel

"The Switch is a completely new system"

Doesn't stop them from using the exact same animations and just updated versions of the 3DS models, as they've done with LGPE or even SS itself.

Also they made like over 700 new models on the 3DS back in 2013. They have no excuse to be unable to update these models now in 2019 and on a far stronger console.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Plus...game updates are a thing y'know.
Game ubdates are dumb. If your not going to release the full game you should release the game at all. This isn't a Online Video Game Beta.

HenryWong122 said:
ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Plus...game updates are a thing y'know.
Game ubdates are dumb. If your not going to release the full game you should release the game at all. This isn't a Online Video Game Beta.
Looking at you Fallout 76

Having an update would be better than nothing, but:

1. They should have announced it from the get-go instead of leaving us as we are now.

2. Still something that should have been in the game from the start

It kinda does stop them unless you have no issue pushing back the release date of the games by at the very least half a year. If not, more.

Plus, like I said, game updates are a thing. Remember, Pokemon Bank wasnt compatable with S&M from the get go and the S&S games aren't even out yet. They will allow other mon to be transfered into S&S, its just a matter of patience.

I'd rather have a game that takes longer to be released rather than them rushing a game which lacks most Pokémon.

You have no proof of that statement. Nothing indicates they'll update the game to allow the old mon back in. They deadass said that Home will only allow you to send Pokémon in the Galar pokédex to SS. Nothing more nothing less. Having them added later is the best we can hope for right now, but that doesn't mean that's what they'll do. And like I said, it's still a bad decision to wait for an update, especially since Pokémon Home will come out way later after Pokémon SS already.

https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/galarpokedex.shtml

So, those are all the Pokemon, new & old that they've shown so far. Ignoring leaks, we haven't seen the starter's evolutions, & we know those are each 3 stages lines.

So, the Regional 'Dex for Galar is about 147 Pokemon so far. 18 of those Pokemon are native to Galar.

809 without Galar, 825 with Galar, including Galar starters' full evolutionary lines.

So 131 out of 809 past generation Pokemon in Galar.

131 is about 16.19% of 809. Oof.

Edit: Make that 18, not 16 Galar Pokemon, because of Impidimp, & going by what the leaker claimed was the name, Pamper.

They clearly have a reason for "rushing" this game's release, otherwise they would have taken longer to work on the game before announcing it.

And okay? How about "very likely so"? If they would update Pokemon Bank to allow mon to be transfered to S&M, it's extremely likely that they will do the same for Pokemon Home. I wouldnt see why they wouldnt do that post-game release but oh well, people will have different opinions. Like I said, you'll just have to wait and see. If you don't want to buy these games, thats your prerrogative to do.

https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/gameplay/dynamax-powerful-pokemon/

"Wild Dynamax Pokémon are extremely powerful. Some might use multiple moves in one turn, neutralize your Pokémon's Ability, or even remove all stat changes you've worked to put in place!"

"Wild Dynamax Pokémon that you encounter in Max Raid Battles won't just use regular moves—they also use Max Moves!"

"Some Dynamax Pokémon will neutralize the Abilities of each player's Pokémon or completely reset stat changes before attacking."

"Some wild Dynamax Pokémon will create a mysterious barrier that prevents almost all damage. In order to properly inflict damage on Pokémon protected this way, you'll need to break down the barrier by attacking it a certain number of times."

This is something really cool.

There is no good reason to rush a game.

Except that Home is a totally new program meant specifically to transfer old Pokémon to the new games. Bank already existed before so it's understandable that they had to update it in order for it to work with S&M. But here they're already going to release the program waaay after the game's release, and even then it's going to be incomplete. It's like if they updated Pokémon Bank, but only allowing Alola mons to be transferred even after the update.

NeoZex6399 said:
https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/gameplay/dynamax-powerful-pokemon/
"Wild Dynamax Pokémon are extremely powerful. Some might use multiple moves in one turn, neutralize your Pokémon's Ability, or even remove all stat changes you've worked to put in place!"

"Wild Dynamax Pokémon that you encounter in Max Raid Battles won't just use regular moves—they also use Max Moves!"

"Some Dynamax Pokémon will neutralize the Abilities of each player's Pokémon or completely reset stat changes before attacking."

"Some wild Dynamax Pokémon will create a mysterious barrier that prevents almost all damage. In order to properly inflict damage on Pokémon protected this way, you'll need to break down the barrier by attacking it a certain number of times."

This is something really cool.
So some of them are going to have Gastro Acid and Haze/Clear Smog?

Multi-Hit moves + Skill Link for the WIN!

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
I'm confused, didn't they do that with Pokemon bank? Pretty sure they'll do the same thing here.
Yeah and I literally just pointed this out too.

Not to mention, Pokemon X and Y had a similar issue where the game didnt have the full roster upon release and it took months afterward for new mon to be added to the game via an update.

So I really dont see the issue here. The chances of them not adding any update for more mon to come to the games, when they've done so before in the past, is extremely slim.

(Oh thank god it's not called Pamper. Yamper is much better.) In disappointing news, that new Dynamax info means the Sturdy part of FEAR sets probably won't work, & while they don't negate items, Focus Sash is one use in normal gameply.

Hmmm.... Focus Band doesn't disappear after stopping your Pokemon fainting? It's a 10% chance, but it'll be reuseable & not blocked by certain Dynamax abilities/moves.

It'll be really annoying if Dynamax Abilities/Moves only do stuff like reset stats/negate abilities at random; Imagine having to reset so that your FEAR set works, as opposed to just being able to consult a list of which Dynamax 'mons can do what in their encounters.

I also wonder if that stat reset stuff works on things like Slow Start. If so, & you can bring Regigigas into Dynamax battles.... Lol.

Don't know why people are complaining, literally every pokemon game that has been on the 3ds, have been able to add pokemon from previous generations. Don't know why people are playing ignorant to that.

Except that, like I said, it's not similar at all. When Bank was updated/released for S&M/X&Y, it had access to all Pokémon. But here, even when Home does get released we will only be allowed to have access to Galar Pokémon. So they'd have to update the program agai at a later date for us to not have half of the Pokémon removed from the game.

Sorry Saikou, but i thinking Kukui and Peter are make more sense tbh and you know what? I'm not upset at all with this LGPE thing or whatever it named, as long they doing it right then i'm fine with it.

@Velox Removing half of the Pokémon is in no way "doing it right". There is a reason why I skipped LGPE entirely.

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
Don't know why people are complaining, literally every pokemon game that has been on the 3ds, have been able to add pokemon from previous generations. Don't know why people are playing ignorant to that.
You don't understand, the pokémon that aren't registered in the Galar pokedex can't be transferred to Pokémon SWSH, basically for now, pokémon like Regigigas can't be used in Gen 8.

Back