• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Part 2 of the One Piece Downgrade Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

If any calculations have already been downgraded, please let me know so I can revise the article and avoid downgrading them again, to keep this topic from becoming too lengthy.​

Calculation 1:

Kaido's Thunder Bagua

The problems:

1. There is no evidence that Kaido exceeds Luffy's reaction time throughout the entire fight. In reality, Luffy can only dodge after Kaido has already swung his club. In practice, characters cannot dodge attacks the moment the enemy launches them. Therefore, it's unreasonable for VSBW to consider Kaido exceeding Luffy's reaction time throughout the entire fight.
2. It's not actually a blitz? Why are we using blitz timeframes for something that isn't a blitz.

Calculation 2:

Marco Dodges Queen's Beams

The problems:​

1. We don't actually have evidence that Marco did the full 180 degree spin before Queen's light beam got to his original position, the light beam was already on the ground and exploded when we see Marco finish his 180 degree spin. We also don't have evidence that Marco actually moved after the light beam was shot, so he could have moved before.
2. They did not provide evidence that Queen's laser is real light.

Calculation 3:

Sanji dodges Queen's lasers

The problems:​

Problem with speed feat 1: Firstly, they calculated the distance between Sanji's foot and Queen's foot as the distance the laser had traveled, even though Queen shot the laser from his face towards Sanji's foot.
Problem with speed feat 2:
Firstly
, they calculated the distance between Sanji and Queen based on their feet. The distance between Sanji's foot and Queen's foot was considered, even though Sanji was hanging in the air at the time, and Queen would not have been able to shoot Sanji's foot while it was suspended.

Secondly, the idea of Queen shooting at Sanji's foot is highly illogical and unsupported, yet they calculated the distance between Sanji's foot and Queen's nose.

Thirdly, when calculating the distance Sanji had moved, they said:
"Because it doesn't make sense for Sanji's leg to just stay in the air after he gets knocked back"
"I'll use the assumption that Queen fired his beams when his feet hit the ground"
Problem with Reaction Feat 3:
1. It's calc stacking.
2. Sanji's foot was on the ground before Queen shot the laser, so why did they calculate the distance between Sanji and Queen using the purple line from Queen's nose to Sanji's foot? They should have measured the distance to Sanji's torso for the calculation to be valid. To be accurate, they wouldn't even need to measure the distance between Sanji's entire body and the screen; measuring the distance from Sanji's torso to the screen would have been sufficient.
3. They did not provide evidence that Queen's laser is real light.

Last edited:
Yeah, this calc is no longer being used for the profiles.
Sorry I didn't know that calculation was rejected so I will reject the other calculations of One Piece. Additionally, I want to ask if any of the three calculations I mentioned earlier have been rejected so that I don't need to include them in the topic anymore.

Kaidou thunder bagua ain't used anymore was rejected on the grounds of being calc stacking if i'm not mistaken.
The Sanji one had a CRT not so long ago where the angle was put in question but I don't know how it ended.

You should have informed yourself regarding all this before you made a thread.

I'm locking this. All of these calcs have been talked about like 30 times in the past year and I'm tired of seeing members who don't pay attention to our threads come and think they're doing a public service by tackling already tackled shit.

Locking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back