• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto FTL downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guarantee you, M3X will not do anything with his blog given he explicitly stated he’s not getting involved in this.
We don't need his involvement (He can't evaluate his own method anyway), we just use the correction after it's evaluated and we move on. All that's needed is for the CGMs to take a look in M3X's comment section, or for Floxy to copy-paste the corrections and have the CGMs evaluate it from there. This will be the third freakin' time they'd have to evaluate this.

Either that or go with Golden_Void's suggestion.

We don't need his involvement, we just use the correction after it's evaluated and we move on. All that's needed is for the CGMs to take a look in M3X's comment section, or for Floxy to copy-paste the corrections and have the CGMs evaluate it from there. This will be the third freakin' time they'd have to evaluate this.

Either that or go with Golden_Void's suggestion.
I feel like it’d be so much more convenient if someone just reblogged M3X’s calc with the correction, this way down the line in the future, people aren’t confused why the blogged value is different than the accepted value, cuz no one is going to assume the correct value exists in the comments.

I feel like it’d be so much more convenient if someone just reblogged M3X’s calc with the correction, this way down the line in the future, people aren’t confused why the blogged value is different than the accepted value, cuz no one is going to assume the correct value exists in the comments.
Which is why I proposed Floxy doing it. Me doing it just attracts more heat on my ass, which I have no intention of doing.

Which is why I proposed Floxy doing it. Me doing it just attracts more heat on my ass, which I have no intention of doing.
also does the image being blurry and disoriented change the pixel scaling results? (since the image is of low quality and from a weird screenshot) or is it just two screenshots ontop of each other?

also does the image being blurry and disoriented change the pixel scaling results? (since the image is of low quality and from a weird screenshot) or is it just two screenshots ontop of each other?
It's the two screenshots on top of each other being blended together for sure.

Get a room you two

Okay so who's gonna throw themselves into the fire with the corrections in their own blog?

Get a room you two

Okay so who's gonna throw themselves into the fire with the corrections in their own blog?
you 🐵👍

You can just say its made by another person in the blog and say it's only a correction so that way your putting someone else in the fire respectfully

Honestly, could've just been an error at hand.

@Floxy178 You mentioned that Topaz's calc includes depth while yours doesn't. Would you be able to make an end based on that? Does that depth refer to head width, or is it something else?
Corner of naruto's head(beginning of the red line) and that part of laser(ending of the red line) aren't same distance from screen, so in reality distance is higher than I drew
Anyway, I commented on M3X's blog about fixing the Pythagoras.

Meanwhile, @Floxy178, you should fix the distance, maybe draw the line from the top left corner of the headband instead (To avoid the headband getting nicked and all) and make sure the line extends just below the Light Fang. Something like this, or this.
Okay

Corner of naruto's head(beginning of the red line) and that part of laser(ending of the red line) aren't same distance from screen, so in reality distance is higher than I drew
I think I just can measure same things from a panel where naruto looks at the screen, it will be more accurate. I'll add this too.

Last edited:
Aite, that's enough, no more sport talk or really, any derailing talk of the sort until we get an official Communicado from Real Madrid that says Kylian Mbappe signed for them. We've had our light-hearted fun to ease the suspense, now you've run out of that pity card.

I changed the values according to corrections and also made blue line reach top of Naruto's band. Is it ok now?
It should be more so like this. Also, you forgot to link my comment and pixel-scaling in your blog properly.

It should be more so like this. Also, you forgot to link my comment and pixel-scaling in your blog properly.
Now I linked your comment directly, also I think 405 px crosses the border. I drew zooming in to be sure and 402 ends at the top of Naruto's band. Anyway, it's just 3 pixels difference.

Now I linked your comment directly, also I think 405 px crosses the border. I drew zooming in to be sure and 402 ends at the top of Naruto's band. Anyway, it's just 3 pixels difference.
Nah, 405px is well within the border, you just have to have a good display and zoom in closely. Or maybe I just got better eyes. Meh. Won't make that much of a difference here anyway.

And before you ask, no, I can't evaluate my own calc. Guess we have to call back those old peeps again.

One last thing: I think it would be better if you copy-pasted my comment into your blog, you never know when comments go kaput because someone on-wiki changed their name.

If you have issues with the imgur link for Naruto's head size pixel scaling, lemme know, I'll help you fix it.

One last thing: I think it would be better if you copy-pasted my comment into your blog, you never know when comments go kaput because someone on-wiki changed their name.

If you have issues with the imgur link for Naruto's head size pixel scaling, lemme know, I'll help you fix it.
No, it worked, thanks. Tbh I had more issues with copy-pasting as the text was disappearing after finishing but now there shouldn't be an issue like that.

Only one small teeny tiny problem. You accidentally took out M3X's blog (You still need his images for the pixel-scaling and pythagoras).

So all you have to do is just add the link to his blog again and credit him for the original pixel-scaling and we can go about our merry way.

Only one small teeny tiny problem. You accidentally took out M3X's blog (You still need his images for the pixel-scaling and pythagoras).

So all you have to do is just add the link to his blog again and credit him for the original pixel-scaling and we can go about our merry way.
Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back