• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto FTL downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he wouldn't. Get on your bed or something, jump and then twist yourself to the side.
I don't have a lethal projectile lunging at me, so this suggestion doesn't work.

Lets not forget the way you're suggesting it should be calced would mean Naruto should be facing the ground after he dodged, when he's not.

Bruv, he'd move his head width forward at an angle and then move the red line, very simple. IDK why the "facing the ground" argument is being used when that doesn't even matter to the head width and red line at hand.

Of course, I can see we are not going to come to a conclusion on this part no matter how much we debate, so we'll let the CGMs decide.

Actually, why are we even using "facing the ground" and "rotating his head towards Madara" arguments when none of that would matter for the red line and the head width involved? We just need the distance Naruto would need to move to get out of the Light Fang's way, right? Then Naruto's head with and his face length (Red line) is all we need.

Actually, why are we even using "facing the ground" and "rotating his head towards Madara" arguments when none of that would matter for the red line and the head width involved? We just need the distance Naruto would need to move to get out of the Light Fang's way, right? Then Naruto's head with and his face length (Red line) is all we need.
I suppose he meant that I was wrong when saying "naruto faces ground in the next frame, so he also had to rotate his head".

I don't have a lethal projectile lunging at me, so this suggestion doesn't work.
It would. You're suggesting Naruto's movement is physically impossible because it would hurt his neck, and I'm showing to you why you would be wrong.
Bruv, he'd move his head width forward at an angle and then move the red line, very simple.
Why would he move forward? His head width forward would mean he's touching the laser.
This too, his head rotates after the red line is already crossed. Beyond which we don't calc anything.
So you're saying he gets out of the way and rotates his head? Then you would have to prove he rotates his head in the timeframe. If, however, you're saying that he re-rotates his head after dodging you would also have to prove that. Oh yeah, and prove he even rotates his head to the side.
Why're we even using face width anyways, it makes no sense, you're literally saying he rotated his head to the side then moved below the light.

Timeline of events:

Beam approaches Naruto and is the distance away from him as calc'd by M3X.

To get out of the way, Naruto would need to move his head to the front first a head's width worth to move downwards without causing harm to his neck, then he has to cross the red line in Floxy's calc to get his face out of the Light Fang's way.

The "Facing the ground" thing happens out of timeframe, as does him then "rotating towards Madara". They are both out of timeframe, meaning they are completely irrelevant to what Floxy measured at hand.

Hopefully I explained this clearly enough.

It would. You're suggesting Naruto's movement is physically impossible because it would hurt his neck, and I'm showing to you why you would be wrong.
Agree to disagree.

Why would he move forward? His head width forward would mean he's touching the laser.
To avoid injury to the neck muscles. Like, if you want to be semantical about it, use half-width plus the face for more accurate results.

So you're saying he gets out of the way and rotates his head?
Yes, that's literally what the scene shows us. After the light cuts through his headband he is facing the ground, but then the scene cuts to a wholly new frame where he rotates his head towards Madara. It doesn't matter how this was done, but he does it.

But again, this rotation and looking towards the ground is irrelevant, as they all happen out of timeframe, AKA we don't need them for this.

Then you would have to prove he rotates his head in the timeframe.
I don't have to prove anything. The scene literally shows that's what happened. How it happened doesn't matter, the matter is that this is the end result that exists. We do not have any sway about how the animator does things like this, we are at their mercy, no need to insert anymore baseless headcanon into this.

If, however, you're saying that he re-rotates his head after dodging you would also have to prove that.
What happens after the dodging is irrelevant to us, because we're not using that for our feat. IDK why you're nitpicking and hyper-fixating on this "facing the ground" and "rotates his head to Madara" stuff when it's fundamentally got nothing to do with Naruto getting his face out of the way of Light Fang anymore.

Why're we even using face width anyways, it makes no sense, you're literally saying he rotated his head to the side then moved below the light.
I already explained why, but seeing as you will not agree with me on how the human body works nor will you actually explain why Naruto moving any portion of his head width makes no sense, we'll just agree to disagree.

To get out of the way, Naruto would need to move his head to the front first a head's width worth to move downwards without causing harm to his neck, then he has to cross the red line in Floxy's calc to get his face out of the Light Fang's way.
If he moved his head down a head width worth then he would already be out of the way of the laser, he would actually be 5+ cm out of the way so you would need to prove those extra cm are in the timeframe.
Agree to disagree.
Not an agree to disagree situation in my opinion, its pretty basic.
To avoid injury to the neck muscles.
In what world is rotating your neck 20 degrees going to injure your neck muscles.
Yes, that's literally what the scene shows us. After the light cuts through his headband he is facing the ground, but then the scene cuts to a wholly new frame where he rotates his head towards Madara. It doesn't matter how this was done, but he does it.
We don't see that "rotation", this is just your spin on what happens with no evidence.
But again, this rotation and looking towards the ground is irrelevant, as they all happen out of timeframe, AKA we don't need them for this.
What.
I don't have to prove anything. The scene literally shows that's what happened. How it happened doesn't matter, the matter is that this is the end result that exists. We do not have any sway about how the animator does things like this, we are at their mercy, no need to insert anymore baseless headcanon into this.
You're making a baseless head cannon, we don't even see this supposed movement you're trying to push.
What happens after the dodging is irrelevant to us, because we're not using that for our feat. IDK why you're nitpicking and hyper-fixating on this "facing the ground" and "rotates his head to Madara" stuff when it's fundamentally got nothing to do with Naruto getting his face out of the way of Light Fang anymore.
Its not because it proves your spin on Naruto's movement makes no sense.
I already explained why, but seeing as you will not agree with me on how the human body works nor will you actually explain why Naruto moving any portion of his head width makes no sense, we'll just agree to disagree.
Can I confirm this, you're saying that bending your neck slightly to the side is going to cause neck injuries?

Also I don't think naruto at first was looking at madara, then rotated his head to the ground, and just rerotated to madara again while not doing rotation in the timeframe. It's clear that he did it for dodging.

Also I don't think naruto at first was looking at madara
He clearly was. Madara shot the light fang straight at Naruto and Naruto looked at the light fang, he was clearly looking in Madara's way.
then rotated his head to the ground, and just rerotated to madara again while not doing rotation in the timeframe.
Prove that. We have no evidence behind this random sort of highball.

If he moved his head down a head width worth then he would already be out of the way of the laser, he would actually be 5+ cm out of the way so you would need to prove those extra cm are in the timeframe.
Again, that's how the human head works, when you go in to move like that you are bound to move forward a bit first to avoid straining your neck too much.

But already it seems neither of us will convince each other with our arguments, so for the sake of this thread, we'll agree to disagree.

Not an agree to disagree situation in my opinion, its pretty basic.
Agree to disagree.

In what world is rotating your neck 20 degrees going to injure your neck muscles.
Try rotating your head downwards without moving a bit front first, and tell me if your chin isn't impacting your neck muscles or straining them.

I don't want to repeat myself over this again and again, so we'll agree to disagree.

We don't see that "rotation", this is just your spin on what happens with no evidence.
My evidence is biomechanics.

Pretty much. Animators showed these chain of events happening this way so none of us have a ground to stand on opposing what happened in front of us. So I kindly suggest you drop this part of the argument from the equation completely.

You're making a baseless head cannon, we don't even see this supposed movement you're trying to push.
The only one making baseless headcanon here is you. We don't have to see this "supposed movement". Our head and neck's mechanisms of functioning fill in the blanks for us.

Its not because it proves your spin on Naruto's movement makes no sense.
The "facing the ground" and "rotating to Madara" objectively happen long after the red line is already crossed as the scene shows, AKA out of timeframe. They are completely irrelevant to the actual movement at hand. Hopefully I do not have to repeat myself on this again.

Can I confirm this, you're saying that bending your neck slightly to the side is going to cause neck injuries?
Since you're cutting moving to the front a tiny bit out of the equation, yes, going in chin first without moving your head forward would definitely strain your muscles more than if you moved a tiny bit forward first to give your muscles room to bend to the side.

We've sung this song back-and-forth plenty of times so I'd kindly suggest we both stop cluttering this thread with this needless back-and-forths so as to avoid further prolonging this thread. Now we should just wait for the other CGMs to respond at this point.

@Planck69 @UchihaSlayer96

He clearly was. Madara shot the light fang straight at Naruto and Naruto looked at the light fang, he was clearly looking in Madara's way.

Prove that. We have no evidence behind this random sort of highball.
Burden of proof is on you, not us. We've provided our claims and how they perfectly fit this situation and you still keep defying it without actually providing any further evidence to your claims. I know I've warned you for this sort of behavior in prior CRTs before and I don't know if you've taken them to heart, but I will kindly warn you again not to engage in this sort of behavior.

It is better to keep quiet if you have no evidence to back up your claims or if you see that your argumentations are not satisfactory to the actual staff at hand who deal with this sort of thing.

Why are you still replying to messages when you just said we should wait for more calc group members. It's inviting more back and forth.

Why are you still replying to messages when you just said we should wait for more calc group members. It's inviting more back and forth.
That reply was my final response. Now we can finally wait for the CGMs I tagged to weigh in on this matter.

clearly was. Madara shot the light fang straight at Naruto and Naruto looked at the light fang, he was clearly looking in Madara's way.
Bro I didn't mean that, I was talking about full sentence I wrote. Im saying that he was looking at madara, then turned to the ground, and then to madara again. So Naruto doing it not for dodging and out of timeframe is completely unreasonable. Waiting for more CGM inputs would be best choice.

I would suggest all parties who are not staff to avoid commenting further to avoid clutter and back-and-forths. We have all said our pieces. Now we just wait for the CGMs that I tagged to weigh in, and there will be no further arguments after they weigh in.

Can someone add the proposed versions of the calcs to the OP or make a list here for they're all in one place?

That's all I found but Topaz later discussed it with Floxy178 a bit and I think Topaz defaulted to seeing what Floxy would make, eventually they did some corrections and the results came out as FTL. That being said, I'd rather hear what Topaz has to say about it, but I think the end result is that even without the calc the feat would still end up being FTL combat speed and reactions for the reasons Golden_Void and Floxy said.

@The_Yellow_Topaz Based on the corrections Floxy proposed to you, what values do your calc show?

Last edited:
In keeping the tradition of avoiding making a calc a physics problem unless absolutely necessary, wouldn't it just be far easier to scale those equal and above Naruto's reactions to FTL, considering there is only one scene (shown above) where we actually see Naruto moving while the light moves? We can theorize all day the number of possibilities where Naruto could've moved, but at the end of the day, the fact of the matter is the anime and manga just don't clearly depict exactly how Naruto dodged while the light was still in front of him. It skips over that detail in both forms of media. The only thing we're accomplishing now is taking a "best assumption."
🤔

@CloverDragon03 @Migue79 @AbaddonTheDisappointment @DemonGodMitchAubin @Psychomaster35 @Therefir @TheRustyOne Your input here would be appreciated.
Taking a really quick look at this, he messed up the pixel line for Naruto's face height, he stops it just below Naruto's head band? I can't tell if its on purpose to inflate the calc or not but the line should be like this.

Taking a really quick look at this, he messed up the pixel line for Naruto's face height, he stops it just below Naruto's head band? I can't tell if its on purpose to inflate the calc or not but the line should be like this.
Are you talking specifically about the size of Naruto's face?

Honestly, could've just been an error at hand.

@Floxy178 You mentioned that Topaz's calc includes depth while yours doesn't. Would you be able to make an end based on that? Does that depth refer to head width, or is it something else?

@Floxy178 BTW, your red line is a wee bit too short, it doesn't fully cross the Light Fang's diameter (If he doesn't do that he gets sliced). It should be a wee bit longer at about 329-331px.

Actually this makes me wonder if the red line should be situated higher up so as not to get Naruto's forehead or hair nicked but eh. Too tired to discuss it.

M3X's calc also gets the face a wee bit too high (Heads usually top out at like, 0.22-0.23 meters on average for males, his measurements using upto the forehead gets it a wee bit too high. Well, he didn't get the face and stick by himself, that's on someone else so whatevs). Using Naruto's UNS4 Six Paths model, I get a face height (Upto the headband) of roughly 0.191087-ish meters and a stick diameter (The things he's holding) of roughly 0.0225 meters. His pixel-scaling's good and all, but the actual body part lengths are a bit off, as is the stick.

Anyway, I commented on M3X's blog about fixing the Pythagoras.

Meanwhile, @Floxy178, you should fix the distance, maybe draw the line from the top left corner of the headband instead (To avoid the headband getting nicked and all) and make sure the line extends just below the Light Fang. Something like this, or this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back