• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lets come back to this: One Piece downgrade thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's a typo and the calc meant 2338 instead, where it goes from here to here, then I can understand it a bit better... But I do not think this makes for a reliable timeframe. Because for the next 62 frames (until that clip ends) Luffy and Kaido hardly move at all. Despite the fact that Kaido should be moving at extreme speed having covered that distance between frames 2338 and 2339 in less than 5% of a second, he is then shown having hardly moved for the next 2 and a half seconds? There are major visual inconsistencies there.
Weren't they clashing in most of those frames? And wouldn't Luffy putting more effort into the swing to finish Kaidou off explain this?

He goes from relatively normal movement to insanely fast movement. If that isn't sped up, I don't know what is.
No, the other sequences were slowed down. This is because they were padding the episodes. Once the fight has reached its climax, there is no more need to extend the movements, hence the single frame.
I don't think picking just a single frame jump for the calc is the best method. Especially because it is so zoomed in on Luffy in that shot that we don't get a good look of the rest of the fist itself. It doesn't seem reliable to say that the fist made a complete 180 degrees spin around Luffy based on those frames alone.
This just stems from personal preference. It’s not an argument.
In that 9 frames, Kaido doesn't block Luffy's fist either
Sure, but Luffy’s fist hadn’t fully accelerated and he would have put more force into the final swing.
You wouldn't accelerate ten fold.
You could if you put more work in. Also Gear 5 explicitly can ignore the laws of physics so…

All that being said, I don’t have a huge problem with 0.2 seconds+linear distance combined with the bend, rather I believe that 1 frame is superior

Sure, but Luffy’s fist hadn’t fully accelerated and he would have put more force into the final swing.
So you mean that after he already finished punch, he lowly accelerates and after 9 frames he just randomly puts more force just to swing his fist in the air than when he was punching Kaido?

That 9 frames timeframe is just slowed but if you somehow could prove that he was accelerating the result would be higher.

So you mean that after he already finished punch, he lowly accelerates and after 9 frames he just randomly puts more force just to swing his fist in the air than when he was punching Kaido?

That 9 frames timeframe is just slowed but if you somehow could prove that he was accelerating the result would be higher.
He was punching Kaidou when he puts his whole back into it. He hasn’t fully hit when they were clashing but after he won the clash he hit Kaidou as hard as he could to finish him off.

No, the other sequences were slowed down.
Can you prove that?
Once the fight has reached its climax, there is no more need to extend the movements, hence the single frame.
Wouldn't the climax be the punch? You know there isn't only one part to that punch, he also moved his punch forward a few seconds before the 1 frame sequence, then we see Kaido's face turning implying rotation, etc.
Why would he put more force into his swing after hitting and swinging Kaido...
You could if you put more work in.
Why would he?
Also Gear 5 explicitly can ignore the laws of physics so…
So?

Can you prove that?
I literally explained why below.
Wouldn't the climax be the punch? You know there isn't only one part to that punch, he also moved his punch forward a few seconds before the 1 frame sequence, then we see Kaido's face turning implying rotation, etc
It was. The singlular frame after his fist reaches full acceleration and he turns around. He was still punching Kaidou when he does the turn, the manga shows that.
Why would he put more force into his swing after letting go of Kaido...
To finish him off.
Why would he?
To finish Kaidou once and for all.
So the Aceeleration doesn’t have to be 1-1 with reality.

It was. The singlular frame after his fist reaches full acceleration and he turns around. He was still punching Kaidou when he does the turn, the manga shows that.
The punch happens over the course of several frames, that singular frame shows nothing other then the aftermath of his punch. Basically, there isn't any evidence that the entire punch happens in that one frame because we only see the after math of it, it is also contradicted by 9 frames beforehand.
To finish him off.

To finish Kaidou once and for all.
So, he punches him, rotates him to the left, and then suddenly increases the force of his punch tenfold? That's nonsensical.
So the Aceeleration doesn’t have to be 1-1 with reality.
What is this arguing for?

The punch happens over the course of several frames, that singular frame shows nothing other then the aftermath of his punch. Basically, there isn't any evidence that the entire punch happens in that one frame because we only see the after math of it, it is also contradicted by 9 frames beforehand.
No we don’t we see it colliding then turning. The 9 frames are of him when he’s still colliding with Kaidou.
So, he punches him, rotates him to the left, and then suddenly increases the force of his punch tenfold? That's nonsensical.
My face when pushing against a giant ******* dragon decreases the force of a punch😱
What is this arguing for?
That it absolutely could have accelerated 10fold

No we don’t we see it colliding then turning. The 9 frames are of him when he’s still colliding with Kaidou.
Kaido's face wouldn't have been turned to the left of the screen unless Luffy's fist was moving him in that direction, which could only be done with rotational movement.
My face when pushing against a giant ******* dragon decreases the force of a punch😱
No one said it doesn't.
That it absolutely could have accelerated 10fold
The reasoning behind it is trumped by the reasoning against it.

It doesn't collide, what you're saying was already discussed like 5 pages ago.
He was punching Kaidou when he puts his whole back into it. He hasn’t fully hit when they were clashing but after he won the clash he hit Kaidou as hard as he could to finish him off.
Swing happens after fist completely left Kaido's face. And I don't see any reason for him to wait for 9 frames after finishing punch and then just put more force just to swing it back which doesn't have anything with finishing Kaido.

Kaido's face wouldn't have been turned to the left of the screen unless Luffy's fist was moving him in that direction, which could only be done with rotational movement.
What?
No one said it doesn't.
Then why are you so adamant about the 10 frames thing?
The reasoning behind it is trumped by the reasoning against it.
This is the equivalent of a nu-uh.
It doesn't collide, what you're saying was already discussed like 5 pages ago.
And was never debunked.
Swing happens after fist completely left Kaido's face. And I don't see any reason for him to wait for 9 frames after finishing punch and then just put more force just to swing it back which doesn't have anything with finishing Kaido.
No he starts to push more beforehand, you can actually tell by his screams then Kaidou's face gets out of the way and he fully accelerates.

What?
Then why are you so adamant about the 10 frames thing?
Because of the evidence I've provided.
This is the equivalent of a nu-uh.
Nu-uh.
No better alternative really
Another could be sticking to using real life physics to calculate it, if you want to complain about gear 5 not pertaining to real life physics then you'd be better off dropping the feat instead of cherry picking what we can and can't do.

Okay. I think we can move past that point then and cover whatever is left.
Will we change mass? CloverDragon03 seems to be confusing about what I suggested and what is being used. Currently using method multiplies area of front of forearm by length of fist.

Will we change mass? CloverDragon03 seems to be confusing about what I suggested and what is being used. Currently using method multiplies area of front of forearm by length of fist.
Mass is not changing. Therefir and I have both expressed this

"Falsifying" is a big claim. Let's not create tension
By this I meant claiming that something is wrong idk if this means something different, I'm sorry if it does.

To clarify, I want to say that he was okay with rejection of the method which is currently used in his blog thinking it was my version. So I thought it should be reasonable for him to change mass because he comprehended rejected thing wrong and seemed to defend this rejection.

It's clearly wrong though. I didn't mean necessarily using my version but that one just multiplies area of forearm's front part by length of the fist.
Except that's what you put in your blog and that's what was rejected

Therefir also said himself to treat it like a ball and have the center of mass be the middle of it. Damage seems to be in agreement with this as well, from prior discussion
What? Did you even read the blog? That was what KingTempest used in his first blog.

It's less distance away from center of rotation than middle part. That isn't very big difference just makes result around 38.7% higher but method for finding mass is completely illogical.
This is what I was talking about btw

Therefir said that he doesn't like mine, I didn't saw any answers regarding mass issue in KingTempest's version.

What you said was just falsifying KingTempest's method thinking it was mine...
I think I'm a bit confused on what you're talking about. I'm just trying to say that we're not adjusting the mass

Anyway for what K.T proposed you should just take the length of 106563.59228944 meters, and the twist length of 334779.398677 meters and add them

Anyway for what K.T proposed you should just take the length of 106563.59228944 meters, and the twist length of 334779.398677 meters and add them
And why would we use the length of 106563.59228944 meters? Also, we don't use 334779.398677 meters anymore in the calc

I think I'm a bit confused on what you're talking about. I'm just trying to say that we're not adjusting the mass
To this
Currently using method multiplies area of front of forearm by length of fist.
You answered that it's what I did in my blog and what got rejected. Mine just finds volume of fist and forearm seperately, then summing. But that one is from KingTempest's calculation's first part.

Again, this is no reason to use exactly mine. I intended to clear up the misunderstanding in the answer that came after I pointed out what I thought was wrong in the accepted calculation. However, I don't understand why it is accepted as absolute truth just because it was accepted in the past. Like, I don't see any logic in this method otherwise, it's like saying that you find the volume of a person by randomly multiplying the area of his foot by the length of his arm or something more ridiculous. If you visualize that cylinder with height of fist length and area of front part of forearm, this has nothing to do with the volume of the entire arm. It doesn't even cover the whole arm inside just to use some percent of hollowness after.(Not to mention it also fully ignores forearm) You can disagree with treating fist as rectangular parallelepiped and forearm as ellipsoid but I don't see any reason to use the one which uses multiplications that are completely irrelevant to the purpose.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back