• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Paradise City Part 9: The Final Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael goes back to the RV.

"There. Probably worth more than the entire RV," Michael says, setting the player down on a counter.

"Truth be told I'm starting to like the old garbage wagon. Might take it home after we're done with this, if you people don't mind."

The first cassette put into the player initially seems to be completely silent except for an occasional pop of static.

When the tape starts, someone walking through rubble can be heard.

"Investigation of site R begins. Site was bombed Friday, July 15th, 1987 at 9:45 PM. Death toll counted as high as 130. Not all bodies confirmed. Bunker below the building was found. More information in assasination logs." There is the sound of sifting through rubble.

"All high ranking threats in the area confirmed deceased, bodies dumped. Little remaining evidence on site."

The tape continues on about the destroyed area, confirming deaths, etc.

"... Well, either they didn't realize it was us at the mansion, oooor they don't consider us high rank threats yet.

"We need to check the other tapes first. Play another one."

This tape has a post it note on it. There are two other tapes left.

"Audio reminder. File the tapes into the proper mailing address. Don't leave them lying around. We gave you this office for a reason, you're supposed to be an accountant David." There is a brief pause. "Seriously David, put this in the mail as soon as you can, there's important information on these tapes. I will literally kill you if you don't. Come on man."

The tape cuts off.

"No goddamn appreciation, eh old man? Also damn this guy was stupid," Michael scratches his chin. "Hmm, could this David guy have been the one turned inside-out? It'd make sense they'd finally get rid of him, but then why would they leave the very things he was killed for lying around?"

"Either this assassin did a shitty job, or we're dealing with something weird...er."

"Maybe they didn't have a chance to clean up the evidence yet. Probably didn't expect us to show up so quickly. That list of members will come in handy for us, especially the parts detailing their Stands, I'd like to have a look at that."

"Well, this just seems the usual incompetence we have repetedly seen in the Outfit to me."

Joe says his opinion.

"Anyway, we've got 2 more tapes to listen to."

Joe slots one of them in.

Michael just smirks.

"Are they incompetent or are we just that good?"

The tape starts with an extremely loud screeching noise before a voice voice says

"Get that damn stand to shut up before I fire you." An angry voice says.

"Man, I just wanted to see if this thing records stand noises." Another voice says. There is a brief amount of silence before another screech and the tape cutting off.

The tape cuts in to the middle of a conversation.

"-ou're outta here. Get out." The voice from the reminder tape says.

"You are firing me, David A. Burd, from this position?"

"Yes, now get out."

"I have this recorded you know. I'll take this to the labor department and sue you!" David screams.

"You're going to go to the government about this. This illegal crime outfit. In which you broke several laws."

"I am, and I'm suing for all you're worth. The Outfit will never know what hit 'em. You'll rue the day you fired me!"

"Just clean out your desk. I have a call to make for the cleaning service."

"I'm the one with the advantage here and don't you forget it!' David says, the tape ending.

"Well looks like this guy got too full of himself. Guess we all know how that turned out."

"He sure did."

"Anyway, the tapes weren't much of lead, i guess the only option we have now is to go find the Consigliere of the Outfit."

"That's a difficult request," Stephanie commented as she crossed her arms over her chest. "This May take a moment. Let me try this..."

Her mask appeared over her face and she began examining the city. A radar appeared in front of her face as well. It was covering the entire city. This would still take a while...

There are 4 people with the name of Johnny Goode in the city. One of them has no middle name and is in the West side, one has a middle name of B and is in the north side, one had a middle name of F in the south side, and the last has a middle name of Jeoff and is somehow in the east side.

"Hmm, four of them. Welp, I'm calling it: it's the one with the B. Never trust a man with a B. in his middle name."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back