• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.V

Again, it is Ainz with no information, he says this right after that^

[He wanted to expose the enemy and reveal whatever card they had up their sleeve.

Narberal's not around?

He did not understand. She was not among the maid demons who had attacked the Royal Capital. However, one could not rule her out if all the Pleiades were present. It was possible that they were saving their ace in the hole for the last moment. Still, since he knew what kind of hand the opposition had, there was no reason to continue fighting in the middle of the enemy.]

Also it was the real CZ:

- CZ snipes Ainz from a safe distance & never seen

- Ainz is defeated & paladins find real CZ in city who says Ainz dominated/controls her now

Let's say it was a doppelganger fighting Ainz, that would mean CZ was naked the whole time, then takes her gear from the doppelganger after the battle to then run to a spot and get captured by paladins, so much for 300IQ Demiurge & Albedo.

"Ainz-sama, we are not the actual members of the Pleiades. All of us are Greater Doppelgangers."

Followed by later in the fight

If it was her, she could use a special ability to interfere with spells―

"―I fell for it!" Ainz shouted as he found the answer. Although Yuri closed in and delivered a punch, Ainz had already enhanced his defense with a spell, so he did not need to be so wary of her. After all, there was something more important than that.
The whole thing was a trap from the start! No, Yuri ― I see! "Here" was referring to the square! That was why the Hanzos said "the Pleiades" were present! Dammit! I was wondering why they said "all of us" when it was just the two of them! All the points of data made a beautiful line.

The doppel swore they were telling the truth, that all of them were doppelgangers, and then Ainz figures out what doppel Yuri meant by "all of us". So no, they were all Doppelgangers

Actually all you had to quote from the start was this:

"All of us are Greater Doppelgangers."

And now that I think about it sending an NPC to fight a supreme being is madman tactics.

Can anyone tell me at what level Nuclear Blust is, 8-A? It can not scale to super tier magic, can it?

Why not?

We assume all of Ainz's serious/high tier spells are 7-B

This is why I don't want to scale the Pleiades to it

Also, as discussed above, the doppel-Pleiades, though weaker than the originals as a baseline, were actually buffed by Oureole Omega to the point where Doppel-CZ could overcome the level difference between her and Ainz in order for her attack to work, which is something regular CZ wouldn't be able to do unless buffed in some way. Considering that, I don't think scaling the stronger/buffed doppel Pleiades to the originals can work

Because it's one of the weakest tier 9 spells. Though it did destoy a city district

Aureole Omega was the lastborn of the Pleiades Seven Sisters. She was an Area Guardian of the 8th Floor and a level 100 NPC specialized in commandertype classes. As a commander, she could issue orders which buffed her allies. CZ must have been able to beat their level difference thanks to that.

Which brings us to this ^, Ainz speculating to then later on see HP values

She's a Doppelganger, so not only is she weaker than the original, but her HP isn't the same as the original Lupusregina's. Alright, now that I've taken out the enemy's magic caster, it's time to be a real bastard. 'ÒÇî'Perfect Unknowable'ÒÇì'.

Nothing changed (his viewpoint) later on

While the best option would have been to drop another ÒÇîNuclear BlastÒÇì on them, that might end up killing Lupusregina, so Ainz abandoned that notion. Instead, he descended and kept tabs on Yuri's position at the same time. After that, he compared the amount of HP Yuri was missing to that of the others, and verified that in addition to the bludgeoning damage, she had also taken fire damage from the earlier magical attack

I agree with your point here:

Doppel-CZ could overcome the level difference between her and Ainz in order for her attack to work, which is something regular CZ wouldn't be able to do unless buffed in some way

But then Ainz does say later on that Lupu is weaker and has lower HP despite being buffed, so for the sake of clarity my guess is that CZ was buffed further than the others, Ainz does say he doesn't know what Aureole used and he later speculates CZ's abilities despite saying he mesmerized NPC data in volume 3. I'll just walk away from this one, probably there is a tweet by the author about this somewhere, sneaks-away

Muchacho mrm said:
While the best option would have been to drop another ÒÇîNuclear BlastÒÇì on them, that might end up killing Lupusregina, so Ainz abandoned that notion. Instead, he descended and kept tabs on Yuri's position at the same time. After that, he compared the amount of HP Yuri was missing to that of the others, and verified that in addition to the bludgeoning damage, she had also taken fire damage from the earlier magical attack
Also i'm not sure scaling someone to an attack that would kill them if only used twice makes much sense

The real mystery is how they survived a ÒÇîTwin Maximize Magic Reality SlashÒÇìwhile the night lich who was tier 8 (Level 50-56) got one shotted by Ainz. Maybe gear or Ainz holding back

maybe they just have more HP than a Night Lich?

Afterall, even though they're comparable in levels, that doesn't mean all their stats are comparable

Also Lupus is a Cleric, so maybe healing occasionally?

It could also, in all respect, be a slight blunder by Murayama. Perhaps he had way more health or defense than Shalltear, but Cure took an absolutely ridiculous number of Maximixed Reality Slashes and had HP to keep going, despite no healing and no real mention of high Def, Ainz having the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown as a massive buff adn the level difference meaning Cure was taking even more damage than normal.

So, a slight blunder because Murayama isn't thinking too hard about "should this absolutely kill this person that isn't immensely below Ainz and that I am not planning to kill...?"

I've got no clue. But keep in mind, Nuclear Blast specifically has a bigger AoE than most spells and a ton of debuffs. Damage isn't its big seller.

I mean, Cure is a dragon, the strongest type of enemy in YGGDRASIL, so I assume it would be comparable

Cure isn't a player, if anything he would more comparable to boss (not a raid boss, just a boss), and typically strong monsters in RPGs have more health than a player

ngl though it could also very much be Maruyama not thinking too much on HP, that i won't argue

It might just be size/race, Zy'tl Q'ae had high HP or it might just be the that dragons aren't normal since they were not only the strongest race, they were also non-playable. You could only choose races that resemble dragons (Sebas dragonoid). Which reminds me, heavenly dragon lord looks more like a floating island than a living being, his HP bar must be through the roof.

Not enough info for an upgrade. We don't know how strong the doppelganger maids were when they were buffed by Aureole Omega.

That's just a range feat, though. The spell itself isn't very powerful at all. The reason that we scale Ainz's lake-freezing feat to his other top-tier spells even though Creation is a utility spell is because he was able to freeze the surface of a large lake, which can be measured and calculated. Cure creating an anti-teleportation barrier doesn't really translate to anything in real life. How would we even calculate the energy required to prevent teleportation?

I've always felt certain things should be AP feats.

Like breaking space-time with sheer power, considering irl that takes something with the mass of a supermassive black hole.

CZ can easily break think metal chains she is bound with. I've given the quote above

The only ones who might also scale to Shizu's lifting strength besides the Pleiades are Haylilyal and Evileye

I'm not even sure about Evileye. She seems to be physical weak conpared to her magic attacks

Yea, i don't think she has any real physical feats

Would Realm of Heroes people scale, was what Shizu did considered impressive?

Eh, wasn't Neia surprised and not Remedios. Wrapping monks up in steel would produce the same result though (they'll either tear it apart like paper or munch it). Also if certain things did have AP, (black hole), Ainz wouldn't be doing level based damage against a non-Yggdrasil person (someone with no level as in other verse). They would take the full brunt of his spells as there won't be something checking the other person's level.

The Standard Format for character profiles was updated. Now we can write what moves said character starts with and what skill he doesnt use in character, etc etc..

Standard Tactics: The usual behaviour exhibited by a character during battles. For example, which actions a character will first perform when fighting an unknown opponent or which abilities they will use frequently, rarely, or never. This section is optional and should not be added if the character's behaviour is too inconsistent to identify a common pattern.

Should we add to Ainz's page that he starts with Grasp Heart and TimeStop, then?

Back