• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.V

If you mean S1, he was engaged with people nefarious people and people that weren't all good hearted. The adventurerer being warned that he'll die really wasn't a surprise and Nigun and the squad deserved it from the perspective of most, while the granny was hit fair game with a deal, she did try to cheat for that red potion before too. Him saving Nfirea wasn't really what fans were sitting for, it was Clementine although for some reason people like her even though she killed Ninya. Overlord's artist Sobin's favourite character is Clementine and author hasn't denied that he'll bring her back. And yes, there were signs in the anime, in the novel it's pretty clear but we know Ainz isn't affected by his karma rating. Something that is mysterious in Overlord since Buser has a positive karma rating, yep the guy with baby human skulls and the author even says isn't a good person has a positive karma.

f╠Âo╠Âd╠Âd╠Âe╠Âr╠ or more like NW denizens gives the series life, if Ainz was surrounded by same level enemies everywhere then fodder can stay in the back but it isn't that type of story. But I think Maruyama probably regrets some volumes since for the longest time he's been saying that to save time a country will be destroyed in a prologue. It was either his 10k planning being aware of the Draconic kingdom falling or that he wanted to speed things up. We already know Overlord's open ending will be dealing with this side of the continent and if Maruyama is allowed to continue he'll do a war with the central powers of the continent of which Gargantua will be deployed.

I don't know what to say too, hundreds of people discussing the mistake as well as scans/images of it, my guess is that a revised version was sent to you.

Well if it is revised, then I don't think the complaints about the rabbit thing can be valid anymore

It's just as valid as:

Ainz-Sama >> Lord Ainz
Momon-sa---san >> Mr. Momooooo
Lamprey >> Dirty rabbit
Sorcerer Kingdom >> Kingdom of Darkness
Bloody Emperor >> Fresh Blood Emperor
Heteromorphic >> Grotesque

To keep the anime feeling? I'd rather hear/read 'san' instead of 'mr' when it comes to Jap material.

What you'd rather hear doesn't matter when it comes to translating stuff like that

The honorifics have an english equivalent, so that's what they're going to use

I'm not saying we should use the official translation, or that it's amazing, I just don't get the massive amount of hate surrounding it

And yet most of the talented and intelligent fan translations and official translation of anime episodes bring us Jap honorifics rather than their english equivalent. It's just my preference for Jap media/content.

Edit: I think the amount of sites hosting these comments about them and the amount of people really do need to be heard. Whether it's log horizon, Re:Zero, YS, DanMach or Overlord and there is always this sort of agreement/knowledge that Yenpress is not only slow but bad

Imo Ainz's voice is the only good part but it's still below the Japanese voice actor,
Wfd7btc
sidenote i'll leave this here before I sleep, credits to Ziggy

I also think Pleades, Evileye and Fluder should be Unknown. Likely far higher makes no scence because it's not "likely", it most definatly is. Even if realm of heroes is baseline, 8-C is one of the smallest tiers

If it's hard to read he left a doc for his findings: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lT4C4rWwy4YfkbbbEnADFb_uBCevey5ZiNEdGQ3ERzQ/edit

Also of-course they are higher, I don't think anyone calculated Narberal's lightning size and time sustained though. But that would most likely put her above Ainz.

Edit: 6C Narberal lol

Wherever you got that image from, the quality is too low to read. I assume somewhere along the way someone didn't copy its full size.

It's right there though,

It had been eight days since its last day of service — when Ainz had been mysteriously transferred to a new world in the form of his character from the game. - Volume 2

He recalled the words he spoke to his vice-captain half a year ago.

"When you seek help, the ones who will come are the nobles. The strong will bring aid."
- Volume 9

I quoted volume 9 because at this time Ainz brought 200 DK to battlefield while the rest were other undead and 500 soul eaters, altogether 500 riders

13 ends as it enters spring. I'm still going though his stuff, i'll carry on tomorrow.

Yes and sort of yes? It's using the size of the bolts and time sustained to calculate the energy output from the formula provided on this site.

Apeironaxim said:
Would that not be assuming it's real lightning?
^This. It would need to be proved that her lightning is real lightnin. If it already was, we wouldnt be stuck with vaguely above supersonic Overlord.

Sky clearing feat seems good, there would just be the problem of scaling it

But the Narberal feat seems to assume it's real lightning, and you need to prove that first, like Anonymous said

Wipes imaginary sweat

Now mod has added additions/revisions a couple hours ago. Also it's cloud to ground it doesn't matter unless something says otherwise, Shalltear didn't try to dodge so it wouldn't be a limit unless she tried to dodge and failed then we would know her upper limit.

Narberal's feat was not cloud to ground, and the LN never says Call Greater Thunder comes from the clouds

"[Triplet Maximize Magic - Call Greater Thunder]."
The crimson blaze — one of Ainz's weaknesses — engulfed him, while three gigantic strokes of lightning earthed themselves through Shalltear's body.

Just that three lightning bolts hit Shalltear

Of-course Narberals feat wasn't cloud to ground, new revision added by DontTalk says that it can only apply to cloud to ground but well the quote you have there rather than the bolts from the anime, the conducted lightning would yield better results somehow using the new method

The only problem I have with the cloud clearing feat is the scaling

even high balling and saying it was a tier 8 spell, Narberal at max power can cast 8th tier magic

How would we treat that?

Just say that Narberal should be vastly weaker but still in the same tier, even though it's only like 3 gigatons above the baseline for the tier?

I'm not sure, like you said before

Control Weather or whatever it's called either almost or fully covers the sky in rain clouds, which from the storm calc page is Small City Level, so there's still that for a supporting feat if people try to question the Lake Freeze

I feel that this would serve that purpose. Other than that I have no clue how to apply this.

Edit: I'll post it calc evaluation for further evaluation even though that is probably not needed.

if the calc is legit, then he very well might

I just never thought clearing the sky of clouds would yield such vastly higher results than covering it in clouds

Back