• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.V

Apeironaxim said:
The only problem I have with the cloud clearing feat is the scaling
even high balling and saying it was a tier 8 spell, Narberal at max power can cast 8th tier magic

How would we treat that?

Just say that Narberal should be vastly weaker but still in the same tier, even though it's only like 3 gigatons above the baseline for the tier?
if we do get 6-C again, the only problem is scaling, like i said before

we could just scale the Pleiades and those comparable to them to Control Cloud, which would be Low 7-B

I don't mind the 6-C, but I do not feel one bit happy the maids would be so far above everyone else not close to that relative level, yet so very close to Ainz and group. It just doesn't make a ton of sense.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I don't mind the 6-C, but I do not feel one bit happy the maids would be so far above everyone else not close to that relative level, yet so very close to Ainz and group. It just doesn't make a ton of sense.
Like I said above, we could instead scale them to Control Cloud the 4th Tier spell used during Volume 4, which would be Low 7-B

6-C

Pleiades and those comparable: Low 7-B from Control Cloud covering the sky in rain clouds

Ainz, Guardians, and those comparable like Cure: 6-C from cloud clearing

unlike the other bunch of small changes we've made so far, this probably needs an actual CRT

Already post in calc evaluation, I think that's where Crimson Azoth picked it up? I'm going to sleep soon I'll check whatever tomorrow. Also I wanted to say that the low 7-B should apply to tier 6 and above, so it's Rigrit, Fluder, Evileye and the pleiades. Evileye doesn't have that tier but her AP is above it as well as the life force stealing aspect. I get that cloud control would yield low 7-B but that's tier 4, c-c'mon guys that's scaling Brain, Gazef, strong Hamsuke, Clementine and Gagaran, the tier 5 Lakyus, etc...

╠ÂM╠Âo╠Âr╠Âe╠ ╠Âl╠Âi╠Âk╠Âe╠ ╠Â7╠ÂB╠Â

Assuming [Control Cloud] covers 12.5% of the total viewing distance and you end up with 21 megatons.

So if it does cause scaling problems, instead of scaling to Control Cloud, we scale Pleiades and those comparable to Control Weather, which can obviously do the same as Control Cloud, which would either be Low 7-B or 7-B

While the top tiers get scaled to an unknown weather manip spell that is at least one tier above Control Weather.

This sound good?

If it's pleiades and those comparable I can agree. The calc I've already done, if we assume that is above 6th tier then [Control Weather] would be 1.3 gigaton as it covers the whole sky, so High 7-A.

Assuming [Control weather] covers the standard view distance and we use Nimbostratus

2000 * 20000^2 * pi = 2.5132741e+12

Mass = 2.5132741e+12

condensation/vaporization = 2264705 * 2.5132741e+12 = 5.6918244e+18 or 1.3603786806883364502 Gigatons

Suddenly, a dark cloud that seemed to appear from a hole in the sky spread speedily across the blue sky just like it did before.
Shortly after, the cloud blocked out the entire sky, and the surrounding dimmed with the absence of sunlight—

Here's one of the descriptions from Volume 4

Yes, Nimbostratus was used. Using other clouds would give a lower result, like if description was 'low gray clouds', would be probably be 7B

that's barely above baseline, so the weaker Pleiades will probably be back-scaled to 7-A, due to the level difference between them.

I remember them harming her just a bit. Regardless, they still managed to somewhat keep up until Evileye appeared. I'll go read it again real quick though

So, from what I can tell, those 2 didn't get to harm her on-screen, but Entoma did block basically everything with a shield. It's said that Gagaran could hurt her with a clean hit, so . . .

They managed to keep up against an Entoma that was playing for food. Gagaran's attacks hit her clothes and she found out the material's durability is higher than adamantite. If you ask me, Entoma could have ignored Gagaran and Tina and focus on Evileye but it's more than likely she would have been defeated either way.

Aah, also lower tiers hurting high tiers, it's best if you think of it as character A who is level 50 is hit by character B who is level 20, if it were a game it would probably be something like you have received 5 damage on Character A's screen while real life/NW that would translate to actual damage but like games that have great level differences that translate to 1 damage or no damage at all, NW is the same, take Evil Lord vs Remedios, her strike did no damage despite being hero tier and possesing a sword above adamantite. Author explained this damage reduction/calc, pretty much saying the degree of wound depends on the person, level and tool used.

Then there is the whole Evileye being defeated by BR and Rigrit, which was Evileye holding back, I've already quoted author on that so I'll go and find that right now

Edit: By the way I said she was defeated by each member of Blue Rose before, rather than because of true ability though there were factors such as (...If I lose, we'll become friends/comrades ///), and it would be unpleasant to show her true power accidentally resulting in killing her old comrade; such a painful experience was another underlying pretext to her defeat.

https://mypage.syosetu.com/mypageblog/view/userid/170524/blogkey/833384/

Considering Ainz can harm Shalltear with even 2nd tier spells, I think Muchacho makes sense.

If everyone has a major problem with it and can't come to a conclusion though, then at the worst we just put the Pleiades at Unknown

Back