• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.V

Entoma turned to face the falling spiked warhammer and raised her left arm. She no longer felt like a human flicking away a bug, but the actual desire to kill. Perhaps it would be different if she were a Floor Guardian, but for someone of Entoma's level, it would be very difficult to survive unscathed if she were to block that attack with her defenseless left arm.
She's stronger, yes, but if she's 7-A, they gotta be somewhat close to that as well.

Updated version: Entoma thoughtlessly raised her left hand to block the hammer. Since she was not at the level of the Floor Guardians, simply using her left hand to block the hammer could not possibly leave her unscathed.

You are right, they are at-least at the AP to harm but a killing blow is beyond them, same thing I was saying the damage done depends on the level difference & tool, EE's spell was her weakness and instant killed her bugs while it did actual damage to Entoma, there was a time skip just to skip to the result so we don't know how many [Vermin Bane] it took but it should serve as a comparison to the level difference between Evileye and Gagaran, pretty much how much of Gagaran's attack it would have took and the fact that Entoma's weakness was used and not a regular spell. As for unscathed the only 100 I can think of now compare to of that level would Sebas vs Zero.

either that or we just say that Entoma's level is so far beneath Narberal's that she doesn't scale to Control Weather

In terms of tier she does scale to that, Fluder is tier 6 which is level 37-42. Aah, I went round in circles again, to reiterate draw comparison between [Vermin Bane] and Gagaran's attacks, the former not only her weakness but it's being casted by someone higher level than her. There was a time skip so we don't know how much [Vermin Bane] it took to bring down her total HP...

Also Narberal even with that level gap can't stomp the rest of the pleiades. Getting info on if character A is stronger than character B from the author feels like you're twisting his arm to spill the truth. He'll more than likely ignore you or say something like prepartions, range, circumstances matte. If he says someone is stronger than someone else then it's a stomp, like Zesshi and Lupesregina.

if we can't do this without having to scale to the humans like Gagaran too, then i think it would be better to put the Pleiades at Unknown

I think if I make a CRT the first portion will be full of text and i'll get to the point probably at the end of my ramblings ...

╠ÂG╠Âo╠Âd╠ ╠Ât╠Âi╠Âe╠Âr╠Âs╠Â:╠ ╠Â6╠Â-╠ÂC╠Â
╠ÂP╠Âl╠Âe╠Âa╠Âd╠Âi╠Âe╠Âs╠Â:╠ ╠Â7╠Â-╠ÂB╠Â
╠ÂH╠Âe╠Âr╠Âo╠ ╠Ât╠Âi╠Âe╠Âr╠Â:╠ ╠ÂH╠Âi╠Âg╠Âh╠ ╠Â7╠Â-╠ÂC╠Â
╠ÂA╠Âd╠Âa╠Âm╠Âa╠Ân╠Ât╠Âi╠Ât╠Âe╠Â:╠ ╠Â7╠Â-╠ÂC╠Â+╠Â

Brain cut Shalltear's nail, Possibly 6-C

Brain can fight the Vampire Brides, 6-C Vampire Brides

Beartraps caught one of the brides, Possibly 6-C Beartrap

Author mentions in one tweet that Hamsuke has enough ability to subsist on tigers and Clem can beat Hamsuke, ╠Âm╠Âe╠Âa╠Ân╠Âi╠Ân╠Âg╠ ╠Âa╠Ân╠Ây╠Ât╠Âh╠Âi╠Ân╠Âg╠ ╠Âe╠Âl╠Âs╠Âe╠ ╠Âu╠Âp╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠Âf╠Âo╠Âo╠Âd╠ ╠Âc╠Âh╠Âa╠Âi╠Ân╠ ╠Âi╠Âs╠ ╠Âl╠Âo╠Âw╠ ╠Â7╠Â-╠ÂB╠Â

I feel that we'll go in circles if we don't come to an agreement here. God tiers to 6C while the rest stay the same or we come to an agreement for all profiles (Lizard-bros get an upgrage too?). It's headache material, manipulating clouds, dark clouds and just covering or dispersing a part of the sky and most would get an upgrade, even covering the entire sky and you somehow decide to divide the result by 8 for sanity's sake and you'd still find yourself changing profiles.

Again, if the Pleiades make scaling a huge problem it might be best just to put them as Unknown

Hmm well I think the top teirs are locked in for now we just have to figure how to deal with the lower teirs.... 7-B for the pleidies seems good but it results in problems with evileye and the lower cast.... Im pretty sure this doesn't effect the lizard men as they would get stomped by the pleides or evil eye. Evil eye is comparable to the pleides, but she is also far above her team...

How about leaving the pleides/evil eye to current teir with a note saying likly higher?

Also, iirc, Ainz was confident that the Doppel Pleiades could survive his spells even before he noticed they were buffed, so they should be able to survive a few attacks from him as well

Doppel Pleiades were buffed by a lvl 100 meant for buffing people

Trying to scale the regular Pleiades to that would be nonsense

Also Overlord world clearly has a system that doesn't mesh well with this site's

A lvl 20 could probably do like 1 damage to someone like a lvl 80

yet that doesn't mean they are at all comparable

yet by this site's rules, even a scratch qualifies as being comparable enough to be in the same tier

Apeironaxim said:
Doppel Pleiades were buffed by a lvl 100 meant for buffing people

Trying to scale the regular Pleiades to that would be nonsense
Even before he realized they were buffed, he was trying to Reality Slash their asses. Since he didn't want to kill them, he clearly believed they could survive that normally.

Ainz flourished his cape. Of course, there was no meaning to it; he simply wanted to show off in a kingly way.
"Then I ought to get a little serious."

Don't die~

"ÒÇîTwin Maximize Magic Re―"

Just as Ainz was about to cast a spell at Lupusregina, another bullet hit Ainz's arm and interrupted his spell.

"―Hah?"

Impossible.

Even if she had succeeded once by luck, she could not have interrupted his spell twice in a row. CZ was far lower level than Ainz.

Could he have been unlucky enough to fail his resistance check twice in a row? How unlikely were those odds? Or perhaps this was not bad luck, but certainty ― for instance, if his opponent was not CZ at all?

He thought they would survive through gear and said Wrath would survive based on raw stats since it's immune to fire and the effects, so he received half of the spell's damage from bludgeoning. A level 100 seriously/casually attacking examples would be:

- Sebas one shotting Zero with just a kick

- Demiurge nearly one shotting Evileye with a casual punch

- Ainz one shotting the tier 8+ night lich/Overlord

Apeironaxim said:
are you trying to scale durability to a dura-negging spell?
Even if it bypasses most magic resist, he still believed their HP wouldn't drop to 0 from that. Not insta-dying against a 10th tier spell should mean they can at least survive 8th or 9th tier

we're trying to apply this site's rules to a verse that doesn't work that way at all, of course it's gonna be a nightmare

Isn't everything a scaling nightmare when it comes to overlord? Non linear power progressive levels, different scaling/power system, and a large amount of characters scaleing off one another

The pen or the sword said:
Pleiades can survive 10th tier spells, Gagaran can hurt Entoma, Gazef > Gagaran, Climb can hurt Gazef, regular knights can harm Climb, Enri harmed a knight by punching him in the face.

It all fits, man.

I think that harm bit for this site need to be redefined for this series. In the verse just because you can harm someone doesn't mean you've taken a chunk out of their HP, again this depends on your level. The Gagaran situation brings us to Ainz vs GoGin, now he is 6-C for harming Ainz lol.

Is there a verse that have regular humans at that level lol. Also Homo Sapiens have died out in Overlord, Enri isn't human even though the word human comes out.

Anyway, while it seems like a joke, it's true that there's an issue with the scaling chain that can lead to crazy stuff like that. Better try to figure out a way to handle it.

InfiniteSped said:
Anyway, while it seems like a joke, it's true that there's an issue with the scaling chain that can lead to crazy stuff like that. Better try to figure out a way to handle it.
There isn't a way to fix it, Overlord's mechanics just clash with the site's

This site treats someone damaging another in even the smallest way to mean they are comparable enough to be in the same tier. That's just not how Overlord works

Back