• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.III

Zenberu's profile scales to Zaryusu's speed, who scales to Brain, who fought someone who can create sonic booms, but it doesn't say who.

Zanberu created a sonic boom by swinging a helberd

"Something flashed with with a loud bang before the eyes of Zaryusu as he lept to the side.That was the sound made by Zenberu's halberd."

That swing wasn't too fast for Lizardmen of similar caliber to react to and dodge, in fact Zaryusu considered the utter lack of technique involved to imply Zenberu was a lesser warrior than he should be, which perplexed him.

Jucaslucas said:
She also straight up says multiple times that she knew the Thirteen Heroes, so she's really not hiding that she knows about them. She also says that she had no idea it could do anything like that, so if she knew it could destroy a city, she'd probably point out and not be so surprised. Her mentioning the sword in volume 10 is clearly because of the conversation in volume 5.
Well, the most you've done here is disproved it being able to wipe out a country, which has absolutely nothing to do with the city statement from Evileye. In fact, if she knew it could destroy a city, it seems reasonable she'd be perplexed at the country statement. And really, it isn't because of the convo in Volume 5. You're honestly taking the quotes out of context.

Apeironaxim said:
I admit, I do kinda think the fact Evileye says her city destroying Talent is her trumpcard/ace in the hole suggests she's not City level normally
The problem is finding other feats to scale her from
Again, she claims her trump card would easily destroy a city akin to the sword.

And having fought against/is comparable to the person who used said sword, it would be, again, pretty silly for her to be one-shot by its destructive capacity. Basline City level seems fine; she still gets one-shot by lvl 100 people.

Dargoo Faust said:
Jucaslucas said:
She also straight up says multiple times that she knew the Thirteen Heroes, so she's really not hiding that she knows about them. She also says that she had no idea it could do anything like that, so if she knew it could destroy a city, she'd probably point out and not be so surprised. Her mentioning the sword in volume 10 is clearly because of the conversation in volume 5.
Well, the most you've done here is disproved it being able to wipe out a country, which has absolutely nothing to do with the city statement from Evileye. In fact, if she knew it could destroy a city, it seems reasonable she'd be perplexed at the country statement.
And really, it isn't because of the convo in Volume 5. You're honestly taking the quotes out of context.
If she knew the sword could wipe out a city, you'd think she'd point that out in that volume 5 conversation. Say, "Well, I heard it could destroy a city, but certainly not a whole country!".

She even says that she never heard anything like that. It's clear she didn't think it could do that, because it can't, obviously. And, really, if it could destroy a country, it also could "easily" destroy a city, so the statement certainly makes sense. She's just comparing it to another super powerful doomsday thing they'd be aware of.

Bottom line is, it doesn't make sense for the Pleiades lvl people to be city level. Their on-screen feats are, what, building level? Even the anime Fallen Down (far stronger than the LN one) wasn't calced at city level. Ainz's 9th tier spell, that had large AoE according to him, only destroyed a city district. The only city-level feat on-screen is of a non-combat, weather altering spell, which is sketchy at best.

How is her not pointing something like that proof that it cant destroy a city? Sorry but thats a really weak argument. Evileye is aware of swords capabilitys and has fought both with and against its wielder, her not believing that it can destroy a country doesnt proove that it cant destroy a city.

The only thing she ever compared the sword to was her own trump card and she certanly knows how powerful that is.

Having a large AOE doesnt make a spell stronger, Ainz himself stated that the spell was actualy pretty weak for its tier despite having a large AOE. Pretty sure freezing a lake isnt wether altering. The spell is just a weaker version of the magic he uses in combat, this has been discussed before.

Jucaslucas said:
If she knew the sword could wipe out a city, you'd think she'd point that out in that volume 5 conversation. Say, "Well, I heard it could destroy a city, but certainly not a whole country!".
No, she wouldn't point that out. She actively hides her status as Landfall and wouldn't want to raise suspicions. That's why she was just mildly surprised at the statement. Also her not saying anything specific like that in response isn't evidence against the city statement.

Jucaslucas said:
She even says that she never heard anything like that. It's clear she didn't think it could do that, because it can't, obviously. And, really, if it could destroy a country, it also could "easily" destroy a city, so the statement certainly makes sense. She's just comparing it to another super powerful doomsday thing they'd be aware of.
A) She, again, doesn't want people to know she's Landfall.

B) Yes, she never heard anything about it wiping out a country. She has, however, as her second quote makes obvious, seen it easily obliterate a city. She compares it to her own trump card, I mean, which she would of course know how destructive it is.v

Jucaslucas said:
Bottom line is, it doesn't make sense for the Pleiades lvl people to be city level. Their on-screen feats are, what, building level? Even the anime Fallen Down (far stronger than the LN one) wasn't calced at city level. Ainz's 9th tier spell, that had large AoE according to him, only destroyed a city district
Their on-screen feats aren't that high because we don't see them go all out. This is a common trend in Overlord for anyone who is from Nazarick.

Fallen Down's calc doesn't mean it's anything less than City level. It scales to/above Creation, which is in the middle of City level.

"Only destroyed a city district" isn't really that accurate. Ainz wasn't using the spell at its full potency, going off of what Apeiro posted.

Jucaslucas said:
The only city-level feat on-screen is of a non-combat, weather altering spell, which is sketchy at best.
I actually agree with this. However this is sadly not what the majority thought in threads following the time I downgraded Ainz and co.

@Dargoo

I remembered just now that the stone was vaporized. This means I don't just take temperature increase, but I also need to account for phase of matter shifts as well.

Considering he not only melted it (fusion) but also vaporized it (vaporization), the value of the calc will likely jump significantly.

TheOneBelowAll123 said:
I wonder if it will hit 7-B like the creation calc.
It is now at the upper end of Low 7-B. So when did the creation calc drop so substantially? What was wrong with it?

Ah. So the description of frozen solid was an exaggeration. Still stunned it axed that massive of a chunk off the calc.

"Also, it's incorporeal, so it's basically immune to attacks that aren't made with enchanted weapons."

The moment her hands connected...the hazy undead ceased to exist,

They hadn't returned the summoned but just wiped them out.

This is talking about the creatures that warn the lizardmen about the attack on their village. Would this give Shalltear Non-Physical Interaction?

In addition, this spell also generated all kinds of negative status effects such as poisoning, blindness, deafness, and so on, but anything of the Evil Lord's level would be able to resist it with their raw statistics alone and the Pleiades' equipment ought to have made them immune to all these effects.

Also just remembered this, which was brought up in Wrath's thread. Would it be fine to add this to Wrath's and the Pleiades's profiles, but just slightly change the reasoning for Wrath?

Resistance to Status Effect Inducement (Stated that members of Pleiades had equipment that rendered them immune to negatives status effects such as poisoning, blindness, and deafness, among many others)

This is talking about Nuclear Blast btw

No one going to mention "anything on Evil Lord Wrath's Level would be able to resist it with their raw statistics alone" part?

That is an absolutely crippling weakness for Overlord hax.

Yobo Blue said:
I mean, there's only one real example of that, so I'm not sure what it has to do with anything.
There is also Ainz commenting how the humans of the world must be incredibly strong if they ended up resisting Grasp Heart.

Forgot about that. Still, not every part of it is that Yggdrasil was a MMORPG, so a lot of things like Tiers don't translate well to a VS Battles system. From my experience, if something is treated as something a person can power through in verse, it only really applies to showings.

Yobo Blue said:
Forgot about that. Still, not every part of it is that Yggdrasil was a MMORPG, so a lot of things like Tiers don't translate well to a VS Battles system. From my experience, if something is treated as something a person can power through in verse, it only really applies to showings.
There's also the fact that the official stat cards would make scaling even more difficult

Overlord is just really hard to manage outside its own verse

Ainz's specialty was necromancy, and this was an 8th tier spell from that field, ÒÇîEnergy DrainÒÇì. It was a spell that drained the opponent's levels and granted various benefits depending on the amount of levels drained. Naturally, this spell had also been maximized.

He beat the Evil Lord's spell resistance and drained his levels.

In the same fight Ainz also just gets through Wrath's resistances with a lower tier spell. I feel like this suggests the negative effects caused by Nuclear Blast are just not hard to resist.

@Apeironaxim

Can't link the exact quote atm but it was at the very beginning. When he initially comes through the portal to save the village he leads with Grasp Heart against a knight, killing him. He then has an inner monologue in which he says he is relieved that it worked and that "I (Ainz) would have to retreat if the humans of this world were strong enough to resist a 9th Tier spell", or something to that effect.

This spell was one that crushed a foe's heart, and among the ten tiers of spells, it was an instant death spell of the Ninth Tier. Many of the necromantic spells which Momonga was adept with possessed instant death properties, and this was one of them.

Momonga had chosen to open with this spell because even if it was resisted, the spell would still temporarily stun his opponent.

If the spell had been resisted, his plan was to take the two girls and jump back into the still open ÒÇîGateÒÇì. He had already planned his route of retreat since he was not sure what his opponents could do.

Just says if it didn't work he would retreat, as he's in an entirely new world and has no idea what these knights can do.

Doesn't say they have to be super strong to resist, just that he would retreat if it's resisted

Because he's in a new world and has no idea what the people can do

Death magic is his specialty, and if it's resisted he most likely wouldn't want to take any chances

Also he was there to save the girls, and possibly the village if he could, not kill everything. If his specialty is resisted there isn't any point in sticking around as he'll have stunned the knights anyway if it was resisted to make his escape with the girls

Even that much was enough to send the demihumans collapsing in droves from their instant death auras. The Soul Eaters who consumed their souls became stronger in turn.

When Soul Eaters appeared in YGGDRASIL, they were almost always level-appropriate encounters, so the chances of a player being downed by an instant death effect would only be one in a hundred or less. That was why this special ability of Soul Eaters rarely got the chance to see use.

So even mid-tier undead can kill I assume somewhat high level players with instant death. Even if it's rare occurence, it still happens.

Honestly, resistance seems somewhat complicated in Overlord

Assaltwaffle said:
Why would retreat be needed if resistance doesn't beget strength?
In Volume 13 a demihuman was able to resist Ainz's death magic due to wearing a piece of equipment resistant to it, which puts him on edge immediately, but she then easily dies to his reality slash. Resistances do not necessarily come from raw power in Overlord.

Back