• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Over Heaven Reality Overwrite tier upgrade (and a key addition too) [CONTINUED IN NEW THREAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
StrymULTRA said:
Universe level, likely High Universe level with Reality Overwrite (Was about to conquer and overwrite the reality of the main world as also implied from Enrico Pucci and DIO himself various times. World here means timeline in context; Erased Funny Valentine from all the multiverse, that is made of infinite timelines.)

• World doesn't necessarily mean timeline in context. That's because using it as in planet (or universe) still makes the sentences logical. Something like this doesn't need to be told.
  • To point out how he was going to conquer anything is wank.
  • Nothing there shows that DIO was going to overwrite all the universe in a way that is 3-A or anything higher, the album just shows that he makes his interstellar realm in the main world, not him remaking the whole main world, the stuff he and Pucci said is clearly poetic.
I already know Chariot and StrymULTRA are going to disagree but I want others to leave their opinions here, so I'm not really going to argue so that others may see this comment. Which will otherwise not happen if a lot of unnecessary comments follow it and bury it - I'm just hoping for the latter to not happen, that is all.

I agree it can be argued, but I'm still on the "world = universe" side

>World doesn't necessarily mean timeline in context. That's because using it as in planet (or universe) still makes the sentences logical. Something like this doesn't need to be told.

So even in other planets there are different events that make timelines different?

>To point out how he was going to conquer anything is wank.

He was going to conquer the main world, not everything.

>Nothing there shows that DIO was going to overwrite all the universe in a way that is 3-A or anything higher, the album just shows that he makes his interstellar realm in the main world, not him remaking the whole main world, the stuff he and Pucci said is clearly poetic.

Overwriting the main universe as Dio's wish was literally the point of EoH plot, Dio needed to absorb 36 souls + the Holy Corpse to have the power to reshape the reality of the main universe as he wanted to completely dominate it.

>Nothing there shows that DIO was going to overwrite all the universe in a way that is 3-A or anything higher

Ignoring Dio literally uses his overwrite powers to, well, overwrite the main world, which is something we outright see happen and it's the main reason why he needed the souls to begin with, assuming anything else (Which is what you're doing fyi) is to ignore the whole plot of the game to begin with.

>the album just shows that he makes his interstellar realm in the main world, not him remaking the whole main world, the stuff he and Pucci said is clearly poetic.

Or he's overwriting the main world which literally everything leads one to believe? I'm actually having trouble understanding how you came to your conclusion in spite of all the contradictions, no offense but it kinda feels like you're pulling it out your ass Efi. Especially going by the lines that follow it, you'd have to ignore a lot of dialouge, visual footage and plot to say anything else. You could maybe claim it's poetic if it wasn't shown to be literal, it was poetic up till a certain point, in which it's no longer poetic (Also I'm pretty sure a good chunk of the lines were meant to be taken literally as well so I'm not even sure your point is consistent with the game).

You're being ignorant of what is actually happening in that scene, Dio very clearly uses his amped power, which he makes explicit note of that he needed to fufill his goals, to transfigure the main world, which he very clearly see happen, he says it's the main world thus it isn't his dimension so your point is based on complete conjecture that I'm going to go as far to say is outright contradicted by Dio himself and thus your point is wrong and honestly the fact you're trying to use that as a counterpoint I find extremely dissapointing. The dude literally says himself where they are, they can't be in both places at once, if he was in his dimension he would have said as much and if he soehow teleported his dimension onto the world then I'm pretty sure something that big would have been mentioned as well and you're assuming something that never happened, has never been shown possible and is never said nor implied in the scene or the following scenes to be what happened? (Not to mention the whole it's only interstellar isn't even entirely true, for all we know it could be universe sized, especially when it's treated like a normal parallel dimension in contrast to the main world, absolutely nothing states it's small in size or even implied so it isn't even a proper rebuttal, you're relying on something that for all we know could be a literal universe to counter him being universal, hell worst case scenario I'm seeing entire nebulae and possibly elliptical galaxies in the background of it).

Plus the main world in literally every single instance up to that point has always meant main universe, to assume it suddenly means anything less is ridiculous.

The mere act of transfiguring the main world is 3-A, it's what he does and what we see him doing, your claim is contradicted and is based on your own hypotheticals that isn't implied nor shown anywhere in the game, it doesn't have to be super drastic or outright deleting that shit, we treat lesser feats as 3-A, see the world of the void visual feats from DBZ, which we treat as 3-A, it's the same thing here. Anything else is double standards.

>To point out how he was going to conquer anything is wank.

Have no idea what you're actually trying to say but it's literally said like 4 different times conquer the main world, and I quote. Not even paraphrasing.

Edit: Unless you typo'd and anything was meant to be everything ie every universe, in which case yeah, I can agree on that. But main world literally means main universe and he was going to conquer it, said blatantly.

>World doesn't necessarily mean timeline in context. That's because using it as in planet (or universe) still makes the sentences logical. Something like this doesn't need to be told.

Dont disagree with this, although the vast amount of time travel throughout the game could be possibly make a case for it to mean the timeline in general, really doesn't effect my point, especially when I'm not even arguing tier 2 so not worth the time.

What parts aren't polite (Other than the whole ass thing but eh, best words for the job)? So I can change it, because I don't wanna get on Efi's bad side, I actually don't mind Efi, she's helpful and I appreciate it.

Nah, nothing was too bad, it's just that such a huge wall of text is always scared to be thrown at. Mostly the ass part, i think

Fixed the description of both keys as:

1) Dio performed the High 3-A feat BEFORE aborbing, now now both have the "likely High 3-A" rating

2) Dio has actually the need to touch something in order to overwrite it before aborbing the souls and the corpse (I mean, he wanted to absorb them in order to being able to warp the universe, how was he supposed to "touch and then overwrite the universe"?)

I hit up one so far, I'll message a few more though.

So chariot, one thing i don't get.

You said he needed contact to use the RO, but that after the absorption he could overwrite what he couldn't touch with hand movements.

So what is physical needs to be touched, but what isn't physical needs hands movements?

I never said that post-absorbtion he can overwrite without contact (or rather without his hands).

In fact I'm wondering why the OP says that post-absorbtion he doesn't need contact because he does, the whole hand weakness thing happened at the very end of the game so of course it applies.

All I said was what happened, Dio did a weird ass pose coupled with a flex and arm movements and did his thing, the pose and arm movements seemed to be intentional and even necesary. And the exact quote never says he needs contact but rather the power triggers upon his fist touching something (Although Funny says in a dialouge that Dio got rid of Johnny's infinite spin with a wave of his hand so I'm actually thinking his power manifests through his hands rather than needing direct contact) if it's anything like GE, CD and SF, all of which have powers that manifest through their hands, it's not unreasonable to assume that yeah, maybe TWOH can overwrite things like that as long as his hands are free and undamaged and for physcal things he needs direct contact, much like CD in how can use his powers to fix anything, but said things need to have a state that is considered whole, probably similiar case here where if a thing is considered seperate he needs to actually somehow make contact or at least manifest his powers through his hands. That or the game doesn't give a shit and the entire reason it exists is fanservice and consistency ain't exactly on the forefront of HA Dio's priorities.

Hand thing is a weakness in all keys, yes he overwrote a large non-physical thing without contact because it ain't exactly something one can just touch (Unless it considers him touching it all times? I mean it's technically true) but that's an exception to the rule, not the norm. And reading into the exact wording of the line direct contact may not even be needed, especially when the power can seemingly be delayed. then again Star Platinum overwriting the fates of several characters would be brought into question as well given that's not exactly something he can touch either and Funny saying he overwrote Act 4 with a mere wave opposed to a touch... I'm just gonna chalk it up to it's a canon weakness but the weakness isn't always consistent and at the very least absolutely always needs his hands to be fine?

I never said that doesen't need his hands to overwrite, but he doesen't need to touch anymore as:

1) He was literally warping the reality from just flexing

2) How can he rewrite an universe if he needs to touch? It's obvious that he can't "touch the universe", so he can legitimately overwrite thngs without touching them

Eh, I'm neautral on it. But only because of Funny's throwaway line stating Dio negated the infinite spin with a wave of his hand.

Probably need an admin ok first, I guess I'll hit up Redgrave? He seems chill.

Dio Pre-Absorbtion has the corpse too, just not all of it, he only has the spine. Still has the resistances from it (And abilities, just not the powers you get from having all of it).

Chariot190 said:
Dio Pre-Absorbtion has the corpse too, just not all of it, he only has the spine. Still has the resistances from it.
Fine, I'll make the post aborption resistances higher then

Don't think he gains better resistances, the only difference between one part of the corpse and all of it is just the power boost and probably some powers from the og manga, but that's probably best saved for a different thread. You don't wanna make this a catch all thread on a big subject like this.

Redgrave isn't assigned to evaluate content revision threads. You have to ask some of the administrators and discussion moderators listed here: VS Battles Staff

Well, I hit up another another another admin, one that is asked to check ot CRTs all the time so I'm assuming 4th time the charm here.

Ask a few more of them to be on the safe side.

Cal agrees, Efi agrees with half but disagrees with the other half. On top of 8 other users who agree. No user disagrees in full.

Well, it seems like this is leaning towards getting passed then, but I would prefer if you ask some more VS Battles Staff members for input.

I'm pretty sure that Cal's evaluation was just based on how everything looks in general. I asked him something and want to see if he still agrees with this after discussing it with me.

Among the other 8 users who agree there are some I simply disagree with and others I basically couldn't care less about as they inspire me 0 trust in their own care for accuracy.

Well, feel free to ask more staff members for help, preferably discussion moderators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back