• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo Part 1, 2 and 3 AP upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunDaGamer

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Tarkus slices a cliff
This calc currently uses violent fragmentation to get a result of 0.71 Tons however, we use pulverization for slicing feats that leave behind a smooth cut as is the case here.
Only Post-Deep Pass Jonathan and Part 1 Dio have scaling to Tarkus as is established on their profiles.

Dio Brando's multiplier
We currently treat Will Zeppeli's statement that Dio is x5 stronger than him and Jonathan as a x5 multiplier from them individually, the scaling is currently:
  • Part 1 Dio (>2 Tons) >(x5) Pre-Deep Pass Jonathan > Will Zeppeli > Jonathan's Hamonless corpse (0.4 Tons)
However, in the context of the scene Jonathan and Zeppeli had joined their hands and channeled their Hamon together to strike Dio with twice as much energy. It's then that Zeppeli says that Dio is x5 stronger than both of them (Translations vetted by Qliphoth_Bacikal). As such, Part 1 Dio should scale x5 above Pre-Deep Pass Jonathan and Zeppeli combined (>4 Tons). Lisa Lisa is accepted as being at least x3 more powerful than Post-Training Joseph which would make her >12 Tons, Kars scales to her with his Light Mode and Post-Training Joseph scales with Ultimate Hamon Overdrive. Everybody in Part 3 who downscales to 8-C+, based off of scaling below Part 1 Dio being baseline High 8-C, gets upgraded to High 8-C since Dio is x2 above the baseline now.

In other words, 8-B Part 2 JoJo is real.

Agree: @Lynieryz, @SlendVeny, @KLOL506, @Chariot190, @Hiryu-Z, @KingTempest, @MintyBoi1, @LIFE_OF_KING, @DarkDragonMedeus, @Dalesean027
Disagree:
Neutral

Last edited:
So only part 2 gets the 8-B scaling and everyone else (part 3 onwards) is roughly 2x stronger than before ?
Everyone from Part 3 who was 8-C+ now scales below 4 Tons which puts them into High 8-C

Where was the high-end for the calc accepted?
Nowhere, currently, as far as I'm aware.

There would need to be a Calc Group thread with a new version of the calc to replace the current version.

Nowhere, currently, as far as I'm aware.

There would need to be a Calc Group thread with a new version of the calc to replace the current version.
Where was the high-end for the calc accepted?
I think there was a miscommunication, the 2.2 ton calc was done on this thread by just substituting 69 J/cc (v frag) for 214 J/cc (pulv) from Chariot's already accepted calc

I think there was a miscommunication, the 2.2 ton calc was done on this thread by just substituting 69 J/cc (v frag) for 214 J/cc (pulv) from Chariot's already accepted calc
Yeah but the calc in this thread assumes his high end was accepted.

Yeah but the calc in this thread assumes his high end was accepted.
The 0.71 tons end is listed on the verse page and the CRT to accept it happened here

The 0.71 tons end is listed on the verse page and the CRT to accept it happened here
What they mean is that the High End version of using Pulverization hasn't been evaluated by any Calc Group Members. Can't just be something accepted in a CRT.

I went off and wrote a huge ass wall of text with scans saying why Will is ******* fodder and Jonathan is below Tarkus so scaling Dio x5 Tarkus' feat x2 is ass, then I realized that ain't what happening here 🗿

So, are we just saying Kars and Lisa Lisa are baseline 8-B? If so, yeah that should be fine, planned on making her 8-B awhile now actually. There's another line of scaling that would enable it too.

I guess I can agree with this and then set up a more solid foundation for it with a few extra supporting calcs when I'm done the Part 1/2 CRT (there's a few extra decent feats, two of which well into 8-C and one even 8-C+, which might be required given Will IS kinda fodder, idk how much his ass is actually contributing to the 5x shit, given Jonathan and Will aren't equal but eh, this should be fine for now).

also dont we use shear strength for cutting feats or does that not apply here

also dont we use shear strength for cutting feats or does that not apply here
No, we don't anymore.

We use blade edge thickness (Or rather, Blade thickness in this case given its gargantuan size) * length of the cut * width/depth of the cut * destruction value of the material now.

I went off and wrote a huge ass wall of text with scans saying why Will is ******* fodder and Jonathan is below Tarkus so scaling Dio x5 Tarkus' feat x2 is ass, then I realized that ain't what happening here 🗿
💀

So, are we just saying Kars and Lisa Lisa are baseline 8-B? If so, yeah that should be fine, planned on making her 8-B awhile now actually. There's another line of scaling that would enable it too.
Yeah, they have to scale to 8-B in our current scaling if Part 1 Dio is 4 Tons, Joseph with Ultimate Hamon Overdrive has to be 8-B too

I guess I can agree with this and then set up a more solid foundation for it with a few extra supporting calcs when I'm done the Part 1/2 CRT (there's a few extra decent feats, two of which well into 8-C and one even 8-C+
I've heard Jack the Ripper's tunnel feat might yield something decent with a recalc.

Will IS kinda fodder, idk how much his ass is actually contributing to the 5x shit
Will should be at least 0.4 Tons based on Jonathan's literal Hamonless corpse tanking a 0.4 Ton explosion so Part 1 Dio being 4 Tons by applying a x5 multiplier on Pre-DP Jonathan + Will should be fine. Plus Jonathan stating that they'd strike Dio with twice as much energy also supports applying the x5 mult to their combined value of 0.8 Tons.

Last edited:
No, we don't anymore.

We use blade edge thickness (Or rather, Blade thickness in this case given its gargantuan size) * length of the cut * width/depth of the cut * destruction value of the material now.
Got it, then yeah
Will should be 0.4 Tons based on Jonathan's literal Hamonless corpse tanking a 0.4 Ton explosion so Part 1 Dio being 4 Tons by applying a x5 multiplier on Pre-DP Jonathan + Will should be fine.
It's fine for now, but I really don't like "should be" scaling and the fact you said it twice in that sentence is a bit ehhh, I'd prefer hard scaling. This will need to be sorted out and given a better foundation in the future, but ultimately it wouldn't change Kars and Lisa being baseline so shrug.
Plus Jonathan stating that they'd strike Dio with twice as much energy also supports applying the x5 mult to their combined value of 0.8 Tons.
All Jonathan says is, "Zeppeli and I will both send our Hamon into Dio! We'll strike him with double Hamon energies".
Which just tells us, yeah, Will and Jonathan are both attacking, at the same time, hence double Hamon energies. It doesn't tell us Will is on par with Jonathan because he isnt, like, very blatantly aint as strong as Jonathan is at this point in the story.
Unless you just meant, Dio is 5x both, in which case, yeah,

He do say that

Anyway, 4.007525822972 tons for Post and Dio is fine, and 12.022577468916t for Kars, Lisa and Ult Overdrive.

Which just tells us, yeah, Will and Jonathan are both attacking, at the same time, hence double Hamon energies. It doesn't tell us Will is on par with Jonathan because he isnt, like, very blatantly aint as strong as Jonathan is at this point in the story.
I mean Pre-Deep Pass Jonathan already scales above 0.4 Tons since that's just the durability of his corpse after he couldn't use Hamon anymore so Zeppeli being 0.4 Tons doesn't necessarily posit him as being completely on par with Pre-DP Jonathan

Yeah I get you, there's a bit of nuance to that tho but eh, that shit won't be done for like half a year so no point worrying about it right now, especially when it ultimately wouldn't change the conclusion.

mfs be like "8-b is back...!"
but this is not the 8-B we want 😔
1jrunkfztbw31.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back