• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ovens' Voting Kitchen

Solus vs. Mettato

In a mini-celebration of my six thousandth edit, here is a match between likely the most haxed character of the Owlboy verse versus an Undertale character. Because we all need more Undertale matches in our lives, don't we?

Springtrap vs. GIFfany

Both are psycho killers. Both utilize animatronics. Heck, even the Gravity Falls episode was compared (falsely) to FNAF.

Seriously, why has no one even thought of this yet?

Does anyone other than me actually try and go through and vote on these? I could be wrong, but it feels like most people just drop their threads and dont go and vote. I cannot get them all because of how many there are, but it feels like no one actively goes and comments. You don't need to comment on all of them by any means, that would be redicules, but you should at least go and FRA some that have votes already and follow the ones that don't so you can FRA when votes happen. These things don't work if people don't vote on threads and just dump them, turning this into essentially a second list of VS threads

Following the same vein of the original thread, I respond to the same number of threads as the number that have responded to mine.

Though, considering that I don't know some of the characters from the threads posted here, I'm afraid of blindly FRAing and as such can't respond to all threads. I think some of us here share that same sentiment.

Sir Ovens said:
Following the same vein of the original thread, I respond to the same number of threads as the number that have responded to mine.
Though, considering that I don't know some of the characters from the threads posted here, I'm afraid of blindly FRAing and as such can't respond to all threads. I think some of us here share that same sentiment.
I can understand that last part

That will just get us nowhere because then no-one would comment on anything. At the very least comment on the threads of people who have commented on yours

Part of the reason these threads exist is to get votes for threads with characters who aren't that well known. It defeats the point. If there are a bunch of votes on a thread already, and you have skimmed them and you don't see anything wrong with them, then it is probably safe to FRA. At the very least, you can check in one the threads that have a good number of votes, or just need some FRAs to get it through. I know for a fact people aren't just hesitent because of a lack of knowledge, because there are threads on here sitting at 5 or 6 votes with everyone in agreement that it is decisive.

My policy is to comment on threads whenever I post one myself, so apologies if I don't vote that much when I haven't put up matches here.

Yeah I try to vote in those whom I know since it would be irresponsible to vote FRA on something just because everyone else does when I lack knowledge on the subject.

TheArsenal1212 said:
Yeah I try to vote in those whom I know since it would be irresponsible to vote FRA on something just because everyone else does when I lack knowledge on the subject.
That defeats the point of this whole thing. One of the main points is to get votes on otherwise hardly known characters. You don't need complete knowledge on something if the arguments look solid and the sides have already finished debating. Besides, most of the threads posted don't feature hax gods with an insane amount of abilities. You can skim the profile if they don't have that many powers. A Good number of Starter Pack's matches are with simple characters, which could literally be grasped completely by scrolling down the page, even tho I haven't heard of them a day in my life. You cannot expect people to vote on your matches when you don't vote on other people's

One of the foundation points of this wiki is that you don't need to be knowledgeable to tell if something is valid. I can almost guarantee people on this thread have gone and said "yeah that makes sense" or "yeah, I support this" on upgrade and downgrade posts on verses they are not necessarily knowledgeable about

Back