• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man - Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon and Saitama upgrade ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the issues with the calc for those who disagree with it? This thread is kinda hard to follow.
The timeframe (the 5-B end of the calc assumes that Boros' attack would incinerate the entire surface in a single second, yielding a temperature of almost a billion degrees), something that as you have seen in the other calcs in this verse is not acceptable.

People using what Boros' previous attacks did to his ship to justify the incineration of the surface (and even this doesn't justify the insane timeframe).

The statement says that Boros will only scorch the surface, so even if his previous attacks atomized his ship it would mean nothing.

Also, I recommend people to stop counting votes of agreement or disagreement, that's not what decides whether a revision is accepted or not, that's just derailing the thread even more.

@DemonGodMitchAubin Also calling you here since you are the one who gave the green light to this method, your input would be appreciated.
Boros was most likely gonna destroy "any normal" creature in a single second with his attack, so no division. 926.6667 °C x 846,575.99 seconds = 784,493,788.21 °C. (784 million °C). That would be the temperature needed to turn the tusk into ash in 1 second.

@DemonGodMitchAubin Also calling you here since you are the one who gave the green light to this method, your input would be appreciated.
Well I said I agree with the math, that's all

I was unclear on whether or not the method is usable or the best option, hence why I asked for more calc group member input. If the majority of calc members agree the method is not the best option and that we shouldn't use this calc, I'll agree with that.

Thanks, so the method is fine mathematically, although it would create a really bad precedent, there are many characters in fiction that can vaporize a human being in a single second, an otherwise Small Building level feat, would be now classified as Town level (rough estimate), imagine what results you could get with characters that can vaporize rocks in an instant.

Sounds like a bad idea to me.

As for the calc itself, the scorching/incineration of the atmosphere should be removed from the blog, as Boros' statement only mentions the surface.

Last edited:
The timeframe (the 5-B end of the calc assumes that Boros' attack would incinerate the entire surface in a single second, yielding a temperature of almost a billion degrees), something that as you have seen in the other calcs in this verse is not acceptable.
Because the character is relativistic+, so it makes sense it would be quite quick.
People using what Boros' previous attacks did to his ship to justify the incineration of the surface (and even this doesn't justify the insane timeframe).

The statement says that Boros will only scorch the surface, so even if his previous attacks atomized his ship it would mean nothing.
We're using a weaker version of the same attack to get an undertsanding of how the upscaled version would work.
Thanks, so the method is fine mathematically,
There. That's where this should end.
although it would create a really bad precedent, there are many characters in fiction that can vaporize a human being in a single second, an otherwise Small Building level feat, would be now classified as Town level (rough estimate), imagine what results you could get with characters that can vaporize rocks in an instant.
This is just not true... Extrodinary claims reqiure extrodinary evidence, if this method will make small building level feats Town Level, then you're going to have to prove it instead of just saying it.

I didn't read the discussion but these are the issues at a glance:

"926.6667 °C x 846,575.99 seconds = 784,493,788.21 °C. (784 million °C)
That would be the temperature needed to turn the tusk into ash in 1 second."

No. The time taken for it to burn to ash and the temperature of the atmosphere around aren't directly proportional.

Only rate of heat transfer through conduction is directly proportional to the temperature (difference), the radiation transfer is proportional to T^4 when the atmosphere around is maintained at temperature T.

The energy absorption rate will be in the form e*T^4 + k*T which isn't directly proportional to temperature T, especially at high temperatures e*T^4 becomes the only relevant term even though it's irrelevant in low temperatures.

Tldr; 784M Kelvin is not at all required to turn that object to ashes or vapour in 1 second. Not even in the slightest.

Also,

"The energy required to heat water up to 525 °C (Draper Point) and hence vaporize it quite quickly: Formula : 1.37e+21 kg*4186 J*(525 °C - 10.5 °C) = 2.951e+27 J 100 °C is the boiling point of water, so the enthalpy of vaporisation of water will be added to that."

It is changing states from water to steam. So you need to calculate like this:

Water: 10.5° Celsius -> 100° Celsius

Enthalpy of Vaporization/State Transfer from liquid to gas

Steam: 100° Celsius -> 525° Celsius

You did water: 10.5 -> 525 + Enthalpy of Vaporization (implying it barely vaporized after reaching 525 celsius in its water state)

Last edited:
I just came back to read the previous comments and holy sh-

Its incomprehensible to me how people on either side aren't seeing what's wrong with this and some of the comments that went irrefuted...

Do you have any idea what level of energy would be radiated every second if Boros turns the earth surface temperature to 784 million Kelvin???

Do me a favour and try calculating e*A*sigma*T^4. Assume e to be 1, A is the surface area of earth and sigma is around 5.67*10^(-8) insert SI units
See it for yourself.

"This fireball expanded 274.64 m x 164.81 m in 0.025 s at 100 million °C. And it's a weak nuclear blast. Your argument is invalid. (10,985.6 m/s)"

And no, the entirety of fireball is not at all 100 million Kelvin. Literally just take a few seconds to think about it Lol. Energy radiated by such a fireball would far far, like massively exceed the output of the nuclear explosion. In Fact, such a massive surface area for that temperature would end all life on earth easily.

Last edited:
I would go for the Earth's crust melting method, as it was seen several times in the anime that Boros' energy is capable of melting metal:
-2:51
-2:55
-2:58
-5:15
-5:33
-8:16
-8:49

Baken of The 384 Family thinks that is very unfortunate. It would be sad to see the calculation collapse like that... ⭐

Using this calculator, CSRC gets an output of 2.2942867624 Tenatons of tnt or High 5A. This doesn't really disprove the calc, it just means it's higher than anticipated.
You need to study what "SI Units" are. I'm thinking you inserted 510 million sq.m for the area after googling it, it is 510 trillion sq.m

And even ignoring that, UeTa's calc suggests Boros released planet level energy to heat it up to a temperature that high. But the energy radiated EVERY SECOND far exceeds that. It won't just be the surface that will be wiped out, the whole planet will be beyond vaporized.

Even if I overlook that as well, temperature and time taken to vaporize something are not directly proportional like Ueta considered as I explained above. Not at all, literally just read and understand what I said lol

Literally the whole "784 million degrees celsius" comes from Ueta thinking in a 1 million Kelvin environment an object vaporizes 1000x faster than in a 1000 Kelvin environment.

At low temperatures, conduction is relevant and at extremely high temperatures radiation is far more relevant.

dH/dt = e*T^4 + k*T

e is very small, so it won't be too noticeable at low temp. But radiated power increases in the relation of T^4, at million Kelvin it is 10^12 times greater than what it is at 1000K

Ueta ignored the existence of first term.

Literally the whole "784 million degrees celsius" comes from Ueta thinking in a 1 million Kelvin environment an object vaporizes 1000x faster than in a 1000 Kelvin environment.

At low temperatures, conduction is relevant and at extremely high temperatures radiation is far more relevant.

dH/dt = e*T^4 + k*T

e is very small, so it won't be too noticeable at low temp. But radiated power increases in the relation of T^4, at million Kelvin it is 10^12 times greater than what it is at 1000K

Ueta ignored the existence of first term.
Not sarcastic because I admire your knowledge, would you mind helping make a new version of the calc?

Edit: Unfortunately, I'm going to have to disagree with you on Earth's Surface Area, it's not just wikipedia, it's also every other source I can find.

Not sarcastic because I admire your knowledge, would you mind helping make a new version of the calc?

Edit: Unfortunately, I'm going to have to disagree with you on Earth's Surface Area, it's not just wikipedia, it's also every other source I can find.

Earth's surface area is 510 million sq.KM, not 510 million sq.M

1 sq.km = 10^6 sq.m

UeTa's "Pt.3 Earth's Surface Scorching" can be used

because he
She

images

Btw with a 784M Kelvin surroundings, even if human body only absorbs 0.1% of the incident radiation (which is completely nonsensically low, that's almost a white body when in reality it's more than 50%), the rate of energy absorbed (the instant when the body is still intact) is in the order of 10^26 W.

It apparently only requires 3 Gigajoules to atomize a human.

Surely that must mean it takes a whole second to supply 3 giga joules to the human body in such an environment 🤓/s

What..? Who took it as who won?

There is no winning or losing here, and it isn't arguments that are being addressed. It's the physics behind UeTa's calc.
You know what i am refering to, bringing everyone to debunk ueta calcs without her being here is kinda meh

You know what i am refering to, bringing everyone to debunk ueta calcs without her being here is kinda meh
Who is this "everyone" you're referring to, lol?

Also, I already expressed disagreement few days back on discord after giving it a glance. I was just not interested enough to comment

And as Arc said this will go nowhere. Ueta can respond whenever she wants to.

Okay, so I'm sorry but looking at this thread-
Now, I'm not a Calc Group Member, but I don't need to be to know that the several-hundred-million degree scorching doesn't make sense.

(The one-second tusk incineration logic in calc is almost literally the same as this-
So I can either bake these cookies at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or 4,000 degrees for 1 minute.

nick nO THAT’S NOT HOW YOU BAKE COOKIES FRIEND

FLOOR IT?

NICK NO

HOW ABOUT 4,000,000 DEGREES FOR 1 SECOND

NICK YOU ARE GOING TO BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN

I’M GOING TO HARNESS THE ******* SUN TO MAKE COOKIES

NICK P L E A S E
-but being used unironically, as if that is actually how that works.)

Question: Why don't we just make ends for the amount of time the CSRC would take to scorch/incinerate the surface of the earth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back