• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One punch man Child emperor new feat upgrade

Qawsedf234 said:
Not him, for Flashy Flash/The Ninjas. I just input the mass of a longsword with the accepted speed rating and got High 7-C rating. So I was wondering if adding in the arm weights would push it to Low 7-B
The ninjas were moving their entire body in that feat, so you should use the mass of their body, not just the mass the arm.

Using Flashy's canon weight I got 9.55341E+15 Joules, which would be Low 7-B

> Weren't they in their Monster Form underwater?

They were, but at some point they were knocked out and went back to their base forms. It was either after the Gigavolt attack kr the heat waves from the Emperor Nova

So I guess "possibly Large Town level" durability could work. Although them being KO'ed by either would contradict the Low 7-B thing. So maybe Flashy Flashy could get a possibly rating or something (if accepted)

Edited stuff

Qawsedf234 said:
So (assuming its accepted)
I'll see about the Flashy Flash stuff later. If anyone has any questions/issues voice them now

By the way, it wasn't CE's backpack that vaporized the lake. It was actually the shockwave of the Emperor Nova that vaporized it.

Shouldn't the Brave Giant have Mountain level durability due to Newton's third law?

Why would a energy beam that destroys the Brave Giant due to its residual heat scale to durability?

Because that didn't destroyed it? Who completely destroyed the Brave Giant was Phoenix Man.

By destroy I was talking about melting/damaging the machine. Plus why would a fictional energy beam follow the Third Law? Also things are capable of destroying themselves if left overclocked.

Finally it was being damaged and pressed by things far lower than 7-A such as the Ninjas or the Subterraneans, so it would be an outlier even if it did scale.

It should be also noted that the Brave Giant can contain this energy in its body, and released it from his hands.

> Plus why would a energy beam follow the Third Law?

What...? Why wouldn't it follow the Third Law?

> Finally it was being damaged and pressed by things far lower than 7-A, so it would be an outlier even if it did scale.

Then the outlier is those characters being capable of hurting the Brave Giant, but I'm not sure what characters you mean.

> What...? Why wouldn't it follow the Third Law?

It's backpack was capable of equalizing the force despite it being a thousand times weaker and OPM energy attacks usually show a lack of recoil

> Then the outlier is that these characters are capable of hurting the Brave Giant

Why? The Ninja Brothers and the larger Subterraneans could damage it and the robot was being pushed by PM even before his second ressurection. Other profiles have higher AP ratings than durability for certain attacks and nothing for the Brave Giant implies that it has 7A durability.

The Ninjas and subterraneans never damaged Brave Giant. Phoenix Man is the only one that damaged it.

And even if the ninjas damaged it, that would just mean that they have 7-A AP. Nothing contradicts the ninjas being 7-A.

And yeah, just because it's fictional doesn't mean that we shouldn't apply real life phyics to it. We apply real life physics all the time for calcs and stuff, why is this an exception?

> It's backpack was capable of equalizing the force despite it being a thousand times weaker and OPM energy attacks usually show a lack of recoil

I'm not sure what the backpack has to do with this, I'm just saying that the whole energy of the beam was released from its hands, so their durability should scale, also I'm not buying that explanation of the lack of recoil.

The Ninja Brothers caused a very minor damage compared to the recoil of the Emperor Nova, I think that only Phoenix Man in his final form can scale, since the damage he caused to the Brave Giant was greater than the recoil of the beam.

Okay then. I guess 7-A for both work. But I'm steadfastly against scaling it to anyone else.

Considering the multiple boosts its enitrely possible that PM was also Above Dragon. Without a clear statement or feat Orochi shouldn't scale. Its why he's not rated as 6-C for the Tornado quote Murata gave. Because he just hasn't showcased that level of power yet.

But as soon as he gets a statement backing that rating I'll 100% support a upgrade.

It is quite common in fiction for characters with much lower durability to be able to release much more powerful energy blasts than the attacks they would be able to withstand themselves.

This may or may not be one of those cases.

Because Vaccine Man is just a standard Dragon who didn't receive massive power up amps like PM.

But as said before Orochi's thing is just a placeholder. It's very likely that he'll be getting a 6-C rating in the future.

Antvasima said:
It is quite common in fiction for characters with much lower durability to be able to release much more powerful energy blasts than the attacks they would be able to withstand themselves.

This may or may not be one of those cases.
I know Boros used to have a split rating before the Moon Jump recalc. Kaguya also has it but her's involves outside energy. Any other profiles come to mind as examples of this?

@Antvasima That's contradicted with the fact that the Brave Giant was badly damaged after the beam was fired, which means the recoil actually affected him.

I don't think those characters are good examples to be honest, Storm created a storm using her powers, while the Brave Giant fired a 7-A beam from its hands, and Adam and Haruhi did their feats using hax.

Because our members are generally busy in real life, and only able to help out sporadically.

Look, I have been waiting for revisions of several important franchises, including Marvel Comics, for a very long time.

As of now we just need someone to approve of Calaca's calc and I can just do the edits myself.

As for length its just the process. Sometimes its super quick othertimes it takes months.

Anyway, since Child Emperor's armor is physically oriented/not supposed to be a glass cannon, I suppose that it probably scales from the blast.

@Qawsedf234

You can ask calc group members to evaluate it via their message walls.

To my understanding Calaca has already done that. If it isn't approved in a day or so I'll message some others though. I also want this upgrade to go through.

Antvasima said:
Well, what about Cyclops or Havok then?
Cyclops' eyes not being burned by his own Optical Blast has always been a mystery to me, but I guess some writers don't know about Newton's Third Law, or they just ignored it for Plot convenience.

Energy beams having disproportionate recoil isn't a uncommon thing in fiction.

@Therefir

True enough, although I already accepted that the Child Emperor armor should probably scale from this, so I suppose that we shouldn't talk about it further.

Back