• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Adding Willpower to Some Profiles

This is a thing now because of an earlier thread (here)

Obviously only Saitama and Garou have broken/been implied to have broken their limiter. However, a bunch of other characters outside of those two have shown supernatural willpower.

In the 'Willpower' section on the page, there are a ton of examples of characters who've showcased different abilities as a result of their willpower, so obviously they should have this page linked in their P&A's. These characters include:

In addition to them, there are other characters who I believe should also get this page linked in their P&A due to a relation to the characters listed above.

Espers

Being an esper requires a very strong mind, with using massive amounts of psychic energy being shown to severely tax the mind to the point of bleeding. Psykos showed that using her willpower, she could resist Orochi's mind corruption, but in doing so we see that a lot of psychic energy was flowing out of her, showing a relationship between supernatural willpower and the ability to manipulate such energies (The same was shown for when Fubuki and Psykos both resisted induced sleep via medication). Because of this, the characters listed below should be granted supernatural willpower.

Ninjas

Hellfire Flame and Gale Wind were able to avoid losing their minds from Monsterization via willpower due to the extremely harsh training in the Ninja Village. Because of this, all Ninja from graduated classes should gain supernatural willpower.

Monsters

Monsterization wipes and takes over the minds of those effected. Through willpower, it's possible for monsters to avoid being fully effected by this. Such monsters should gain supernatural willpower.

Other

These are a characters who should have this ability for other reasons outside the ones listed above.

I agree that many characters in One-Punch Man have supernatural willpower. I didn't check all of the evidence that is presented in the original post of this thread, but I generally agree with the revision proposal. I also think that a tiny edit should be done to the "Willpower and The Limiter (One-Punch Man)" page. In the Willpower section, the first sentence states "In order for the limiter to be broken, the individual needs to wield abnormal willpower.", and I thought that this was describing a prerequisite at first. I think that the sentence should be slightly reworded to "In order for a character to have the potential for their limiter to be broken, the individual needs to wield abnormal willpower.".

Obviously only Saitama and Garou have broken/been implied to have broken their limiter.
I noticed this on Garou's profile, but it was never stated that he broke his limiter. We should probably remove that from his notes.

For the thread I think the additions look good.

She was probably referring to he fought Bang.
In that case we for sure know she was wrong, as he didn't have Saitama's levels of AD and had to get God's powers to do even stand a remote chance against him.

In that case we for sure know she was wrong, as he didn't have Saitama's levels of AD and had to get God's powers to do even stand a remote chance against him.
I think you're misunderstanding. The potency of accelerated development could vary from person to person. The only thing that individuals who have broken their limiter have in common in relation to accelerated development is the fact that it's indefinite.

However, this is sort of a derailment from the OP, so we can save this for another thread.

Back