• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Genos Profile Rework

All of these have been accepted.

I've been working on Genos' profile for some time, adding these calcs, new justification, and just generally cleaning it up.

Here it is:

Small Profile Changes:

• Added more References and Notes that document the values he scales to
  • Gave Genos a 'Varies' rating in his AP with Boost Attacks alongside his Incineration Cannons, as they've been shown to make him stronger
  • Updated Genos' Range
  • Made tabbers to separate the AP Genos' keys, as it would look very cluttered otherwise
  • Some images in his gallery (Thanks @Recon1511)
  • Made his Power and Abilities Section easier to look at

Bigger Profile Changes:

• Scaling Beginning of Series Genos' Self-Destruction to Saitama's Mosquito Girl Calc, due to her surviving (only losing legs), while Genos believed it would kill her entirely
  • Base Arms Mode Genos and Base Post-Alien Conqueror's Arc Genos upscale from Saitama's Mosquito Girl Calc (918.61 Tons) to baseline Small Town level (1 Kiloton)
  • Changing the accepted end of this calc to the 5 second end instead of 30 seconds, as that wouldn't make sense in the context of the Manga. Genos would not have stayed still for 30 seconds waiting for Mosquito to power up, which he even acknowledges. The anime also supports the 5 second end with it happening in that exact timeframe (3:40-3:45)

Changes That Don't Affect Characters Outside of Genos:

• Grizzly Nyah and Lightning Genji now scale to the 918.61 Tons value and not the 2.492 Kilotons one.
  • Full Power Beginning of Series Pri-Pri Prisoner now scales to 776.74 Tons of TNT
  • Lightning Max, Snek, and those who scale to him are now scaled to 306.20 Tons of TNT

I also made a sandbox that includes some changes to the One-Punch Man Verse Page that includes notes of the values characters scale to:

Big thanks to @Recon1511, @ZillertheBucko, and @Phoenks for working with me on these and @Psychomaster35 , @Dalesean027 , @M3X_2.0 , @CloverDragon03 , and @Executor_N0 for the calc evaluations

Most of this seems alright to me and looks very well done, there is only one issue that I can see here.

Not certain about this calculation. Isn't it just as possible to say that he was keeping pace with Sonic and reached the roof just a moment before he did?

Sonic got his vision blocked by the dust and debris, we even see him cover his face. I don't think it's impossible to say Deep Sea King was already moving at that time, before Sonic even reached that rooftop. It's weird to say Deep Sea King was so fast that he got out of the dust cloud and got behind Sonic without him noticing.

Since Sonic could outpace his hydrated form afterward, this is same justification on his profile, which shows that Deep Sea King isn't capable of blitzing his reactions.

This means Sonic will scale to Deep Sea King who gets his speed from blitzing Sonic's reactions?

It creates circular scaling, which is obviously incorrect.

I understand the reasoning of the calculation and if Sonic didn't keep up with Deep Sea King afterward in this moment I'd be fine with it.

Not sure about the confidence scaling on this. Genos might have believed it would have killed her but could have just been wrong.
I really don't think it's far-fetched to say it'd do at least comparable damage/enough to take her out. That scene would hold no significance if he wasn't capable of doing at least that much.

I really don't think it's far-fetched to say it'd do at least comparable damage/enough to take her out. That scene would hold no significance if he wasn't capable of doing at least that much.
Could just say "far higher with Self-Destruction" than assign it a specific value.

I don't see how that works. You've got:

But Armored Gorilla himself is "At least Multi-City Block level".
The point of this CRT is to change Genos' profile, which ends up changing a bunch of others. This CRT implements the calcs which would in turn change Armored Gorilla's as well. Obviously he isn't 8-A+ right now, because the calc isn't being used right now.

I'm simply asking if you agree with scaling Armored Gorilla to 8-A+ via the calc.

The point of this CRT is to change Genos' profile, which ends up changing a bunch of others. This CRT implements the calcs which would in turn change Armored Gorilla's as well. Obviously he isn't 8-A+ right now, because the calc isn't being used right now.

I'm simply asking if you agree with scaling Armored Gorilla to 8-A+ via the calc.
Ah, gotcha.

Currently I can't think of a good reason for Armored Gorilla to scale to the calc.

Isn't it just as possible to say that he was keeping pace with Sonic and reached the roof just a moment before he did?
The ground cracking kind of implies that the Deep Sea King landed on the building in that moment. The anime shows the same thing.
Sonic got his vision blocked by the dust and debris, we even see him cover his face. I don't think it's impossible to say Deep Sea King was already moving at that time, before Sonic even reached that rooftop. It's weird to say Deep Sea King was so fast that he got out of the dust cloud and got behind Sonic without him noticing.
The fact that Sonic was moving away from Deep Sea King while facing him, and didn't see him at all despite being far away from the smoke a debris, I don't think there's reason for Deep Sea King to have been moving in tandem with Sonic.
Since Sonic could outpace his hydrated form afterward, this is same justification on his profile, which shows that Deep Sea King isn't capable of blitzing his reactions.
Sonic could only avoid Hydrated Sea King for a few moments, and it seems to be only due to his mobility more than anything as when they were actually out in the open, he caught Sonic pretty easily.

that's not average. You're somewhere between average (5) and athletic (7.7). That is above average.
You're misunderstanding.

For example, let's say you have 10 average people. The slowest of the group would be 5 m/s and the fastest would be around 7.7 m/s.

6.35 m/s is the average of the range you'd expect for any group of average humans.

You're misunderstanding.

For example, let's say you have 10 average people. The slowest of the group would be 5 m/s and the fastest would be around 7.7 m/s.

6.35 m/s is the average of the range you'd expect for any group of average humans.
No. 5 meters per second is the average speed. And 7.7 meters per second is the requirement for a person’s athletic speed. You take the number between an average person and an athletic person. That is above average.

By the way, I don't understand something.

Why does the association base height calculation (you use it for Genos' attack radius) say that:

52 floors: 55 px | 223.6 m

HA Width: 99 px | 402.48 m

I checked in Photoshop, if 52 floors is 113 pixels, then the width of the skyscraper will be 101 pixels. This is not a difference of almost two times. And especially not in favor of the skyscraper.

JMvp0TgJd5Y.jpg

VOQc1JTjj9Y.jpg

Did I understand something wrong?

By the way, I don't understand something.
Checking the calculation for myself, I'm getting 113 px for the building height and 103 px for the Hero Association Building's Length.

223.6/113 = 1.97876106 m per px

Association Building Length = 1.97876106*103 = 203.812 m

That is indeed different from what I'm measuring and is very close to what you have. Any difference likely caused by human error or a difference in the app we're using.

Going be completely honest, I've noticed something like this with a few of Kachon's calculations and it's been confusing me.

In this calculation for Genos, their size in Scan 2 is different from what I'm getting as well. Tracing their image I'm getting a size of 37 px for the doorframe vs their 53.2 px. Checking both object's px scaling, I'm getting a size of 2.82 m and not 4.25 m like they have.

There is another calculation I've looked through that has this same problem. I haven't looked through all of Kachon's calcs or anything, but I have no idea what is going on here. We weren't able to come up with an answer to why there was such a difference so I didn't know what to do there.

Even if the size of the image's size changes when uploading to the wiki, the difference between two px scaled objects shouldn't change.

If they have 200 px and 500 px, and the image was reduce in size by let me say 75%. I should get 50 px and 125 px, so the final result would remain the same or at least close to the same. There will be a small margin of error in regards to human tracing or whatever, but it shouldn't produce vastly different results like these.

If someone could explain this I'd love to hear it, since this has been bothering me for awhile and I'm scared I've been doing something wrong this entire time.

No. 5 meters per second is the average speed. And 7.7 meters per second is the requirement for a person’s athletic speed. You take the number between an average person and an athletic person. That is above average.
This is not the place to change that given that this is currently what we use for any calc involving average human running speed

But I'm curious about his High Hypersonic stat, why is catching up to Mosquito Girl granting him High Hypersonic when Mosquito Girl's profile only has Hypersonic stats?

But I'm curious about his High Hypersonic stat, why is catching up to Mosquito Girl granting him High Hypersonic when Mosquito Girl's profile only has Hypersonic stats?
  • Changing the accepted end of this calc to the 5 second end instead of 30 seconds, as that wouldn't make sense in the context of the Manga. Genos would not have stayed still for 30 seconds waiting for Mosquito to power up, which he even acknowledges. The anime also supports the 5 second end with it happening in that exact timeframe (3:40-3:45)
Please read the OP.

Barring minor nitpicks, I agree with basically everything, except the claim that Arms Mode fought Semi-Wet DSK, and DSK's speed calc. My guy was still steaming at the shelter, and clearly wasn't much taller than 4 metres (his minimum size).

Also, not to be pedantic, I don't see the need to scale Genos and AG just on energy levels alone, especially since it's hampered by the whole boosted attack logic the new page is going by. They're demonstrably equal physically, so we can use that as justification instead.

Edit: On second though, G4's energy level was as high or higher than Genos, and they had similar weapons firepower to physical strength, so I suppose it works.
Sonic could only avoid Hydrated Sea King for a few moments
The form that performed this feat =/= fully Hydrated DSK.

And, Sonic was able to dodge the punch after reacting, and is shown to have similar reactions and travel speed in every subsequent fight, so I just don't see how this calc works on a fundamental level.
and it seems to be only due to his mobility more than anything as when they were actually out in the open, he caught Sonic pretty easily.
We see that he didn't (and this is just part of the battle, mind you, because almost everything we see is SM's broadcast), and it's hard to tell whether he actually even grasped Sonic or not due to how Speedster subversions work in the series.

But, even if DSK did catch Sonic, my guy pretending he was a bar of soap and giving DSK the slip without him even realising would be a far larger gap than DSK just catching Sonic.

On another note, I can assist you if you want help with source coding the page.

Last edited:
I have a few objections to this calculation. We have a thread that talks about using the 0.029 second recognition window not available. I think the time frame used for sonic of 0.0032 second is a much lower time frame than 0.029 second, I'm not sure if we should use this time frame or not.

And by the way, I don't think using 1/Character speed is equal to the character's reaction speed. This has been debated many times, such as this One Piece thread.

I have a few objections to this calculation. We have a thread that talks about using the 0.029 second recognition window not available. I think the time frame used for sonic of 0.0032 second is a much lower time frame than 0.029 second, I'm not sure if we should use this time frame or not.

And by the way, I don't think using 1/Character speed is equal to the character's reaction speed. This has been debated many times, such as this One Piece thread.
Yeah, these objections seem valid.

All of these have been accepted.

I've been working on Genos' profile for some time, adding these calcs, new justification, and just generally cleaning it up.

Here it is:

Small Profile Changes:

• Added more References and Notes that document the values he scales to
  • Gave Genos a 'Varies' rating in his AP with Boost Attacks alongside his Incineration Cannons, as they've been shown to make him stronger
  • Updated Genos' Range
  • Made tabbers to separate the AP Genos' keys, as it would look very cluttered otherwise
  • Some images in his gallery (Thanks @Recon1511)
  • Made his Power and Abilities Section easier to look at

Bigger Profile Changes:

• Scaling Beginning of Series Genos' Self-Destruction to Saitama's Mosquito Girl Calc, due to her surviving (only losing legs), while Genos believed it would kill her entirely
  • Base Arms Mode Genos and Base Post-Alien Conqueror's Arc Genos upscale from Saitama's Mosquito Girl Calc (918.61 Tons) to baseline Small Town level (1 Kiloton)

Changes That Don't Affect Characters Outside of Genos:

• Grizzly Nyah and Lightning Genji now scale to the 918.61 Tons value and not the 2.492 Kilotons one.
  • Full Power Beginning of Series Pri-Pri Prisoner now scales to 776.74 Tons of TNT
  • Lightning Max, Snek, and those who scale to him are now scaled to 306.20 Tons of TNT

I also made a sandbox that includes some changes to the One-Punch Man Verse Page that includes notes of the values characters scale to:

Big thanks to @Recon1511, @ZillertheBucko, and @Phoenks for working with me on these and @Psychomaster35 , @Dalesean027 , @M3X_2.0 , @CloverDragon03 , and @Executor_N0 for the calc evaluations
I agree with everything but I don't understand why the 20Psi calculation isn't used for Genos' incinerator cannons

Back