• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant that the sword automatically imbues itself with the haki of its users, and works better for those who have conqueror's haki. I think that we should wait with assigning advanced use to Zoro until we know more.
As far as I know, it was FORCING Zoro to use it when he was doing Dragon Blaze vs Kaido and Ashura.
But Zoro then learned how to use it in moderation without getting drained (like when his arm gets shrank) but still in great quantities to please Enma. If Zoro couldn't control it, he'd just constantly go noodly-armed

That may be, but we still do not know yet if he can imbue any weapon with conqueror's haki, or if it is Erma only, because of its special properties.

And what is the definition of advanced conqueror's haki exactly? Also, if it is about using it in weapons, isn't that due to special properties of the sword Enma, rather than something Zoro can suddenly do with any weapon?
I meant that the sword imbues itself with the haki of its users, and works better for those who have conqueror's haki. I think that we should wait with assigning advanced use to Zoro until we know more.
Infusing your fist/weapon with Haoshoku haki producing a black lightning visual effect trailing the fist/weapon. They're also confirmed to have the regular version of Haoshoku active passively while they fight using Hao coating.

Zoro displayed both of these traits showing he is producing Haoshoku infusion (Advanced Haoshoku).

As for Enma it's confirmed to only forcibly drain Ryuo (Busoshoku Haki) from its wielder, when it's actually doing so a smoke like effect appears on the blade.

But Zoro showed against King that he can actively use Haoshoku infusion when Enma isn't unleashing his haki (no smoke is present) and actively control it to the point where he only infused it on his sword Sandai Kitetsu.

Zoro can use advanced Haoshoku independently, Enma isn't involved.

Last edited:
That may be, but we still do not know yet if he can imbue any weapon with conqueror's haki, or if it is Erma only, because of its special properties.
He used it on Wado Ichimonji and Sandai Kitetsu as well, in that same fight

He used it on Wado Ichimonji and Sandai Kitetsu as well, in that same fight
True, although he also showed he was able to coat all three of his swords with the Ryuo unleashed by Enma (Smoke) and in those cases he was doing both.

But another example of him using Haoshoku infusion in the king fight without Enma's unleashing his Haki (smoke) was when he seperater himself from King with a Haoshoku infused barrier.

True, although he also showed he was able to coat all three of his swords with the Ryuo unleashed by Enma (Smoke) and in those cases he was doing both.

But another example of him using Haoshoku infusion in the king fight without Enma's unleashing his Haki (smoke) was when he seperater himself from King with a Haoshoku infused barrier.
Yep. I just assumed it's the same case as witnessing Kitsunebi-ryu and learning/mastering it.

After Enma made him use Ryuo and Haoshoku, he just figured out how to do it. Especially when with Enma it was 2.. 3? instances, where with Kitsunebi-ryu he saw it twice at most and just mastered it. Zoro's no stranger to mastering things after one time use/witnessing

Infusing your first/weapon with Haoshoku haki producing a black lightning visual effect trailing the fist/weapon. They're also confirmed to have the regular version of Haoshoku active passively while they fight using Hao coating.

Zoro displayed both of these traits showing he is producing Haoshoku infusion (Advanced Haoshoku).

As for Enma it's confirmed to only forcibly drain Ryuo (Busoshoku Haki) from its wielder, when it's actually doing so a smoke like effect appears on the blade.

But Zoro showed against King that he can actively use Haoshoku infusion when Enma isn't unleashing his haki (no smoke is present) and actively control it to the point where he only infused it on his sword Sandai Kitetsu.

Zoro can use advanced Haoshoku independently, Enma isn't involved.

Okay. Never mind. That is probably fine then.

Please elaborate.
Mind control resistance is based on willpower to resist Moria's abilities
Moria's abilities also consist of driving people who have weak willpower, mad.

This is on Luffy's profile

This would be scaleable to others

Yeah, I noticed-
Just don't want this to be forgotten into the void since it has some good additions and all.

So this doesn't die I've done a quick write-up (probably needs touching up) of the resistances. If this is good enough I'll apply the resistances to the relevant characters:

The following would all receive these resistances for their showcases of strong willpower:
Resistance to Madness Manipulation, Mind Manipulation and Soul Manipulation via Willpower (Through sheer willpower they can resist losing their mind when absorbing shadows through the Kage Kage no Mi. Shadows belonging to strong willed people are difficult to control, allowing them to rebel against Moria's pact which usually immediately submits a shadow to his supremacy and orders. Spiritual energy is contained within one's soul/life; this energy is represented by the fighting power or the Haki itself. Those with strong souls, which are homologous to shadows, resist the effects of Brook's soul manipulation)

Last edited:
Add everyone in Sabaody. You added Law and Kid, but not the Straw Hats who were hit as well

Resistance to Mind Manipulation and Soul Manipulation via Willpower (Shadows belonging to strong willed people are difficult to control, allowing them to rebel against Moria's pact which usually immediately submits a shadow to his supremacy and orders. Spiritual energy is contained within one's soul/life; this energy is represented by the fighting power or the Haki itself. Those with strong souls, which are homologous to shadows, resist the effects of Brook's soul manipulation)
Would madness manipulation be tied into this as well?

Add everyone in Sabaody. You added Law and Kid, but not the Straw Hats who were hit as well
They weren't hit...

Usopp literally didn't even know what happened
0503-018.png

He didn't aim for the strawhats, the law & kid crews got hit because he didn't know who they were.
Fair then
Madness is the quote above that one
It'd need to get rewritten, since the current writing you sent for Madness Manip resistance appears to be an explanation for Luffy, when it should be something that talks about more people instead of just Luffy

I do agree that for Madness Manip resistance should be on the haki page and use Luffy as an example only for those with Great Willpower, while those who do have greater Haki get the resistance based off of that, rather than trying to add justification to everyone individually. Just to avoid repeating the same justification for others (unless there are other feats of madness manip resistance that can be applied to certain characters)

Otherwise the write-up for those who scale to and over would just be "As strong willed as Luffy" or "Has Haki of a greater level than Luffy, who could resist it".

I do agree that for Madness Manip resistance should be on the haki page and use Luffy as an example only for those with Great Willpower, while those who do have greater Haki get the resistance based off of that, rather than trying to add justification to everyone individually. Just to avoid repeating the same justification for others (unless there are other feats of madness manip resistance that can be applied to certain characters)
Their resistance doesn't come from haki though, it's willpower based and hao haki is used as a measure as its scaled through willpower.

Their resistance doesn't come from haki though, it's willpower based and hao haki is used as a measure as its scaled through willpower.
Fair. It's like you said- Haki and will correlation in the verse itself is what scales them. And I do recall Blackbeard using the term "haki" as well for Luffy in impel down as a general thing, rather than specifying the type. (More or less the equivalent of saying "your spirit got stronger")
It's pretty straightforward though. Those who get resistances would be the ones who withstand Hao and showcase it, so you got that covered in the list pretty well.

The Soul Manip resistance could also use another example, such as Brook overwhelming weaker souls via his ability, but Big Mom's soul fragments (Prometheus and Zeus) resisting it for being "on another level".

Everything looks fine aside from that little section that needs rewriting!

Before I forget- was resistance to life absorption talked about? Because of the whole Zoro/Enma "Life drain" thing?

It'd need to get rewritten, since the current writing you sent for Madness Manip resistance appears to be an explanation for Luffy, when it should be something that talks about more people instead of just Luffy
Would this work, if not I'd appreciate any suggestions:
Resistance to Madness Manipulation, Mind Manipulation and Soul Manipulation via Willpower (Through sheer willpower they can resist losing their mind when absorbing shadows through the Kage Kage no Mi. Shadows belonging to strong willed people are difficult to control, allowing them to rebel against Moria's pact which usually immediately submits a shadow to his supremacy and orders. Spiritual energy is contained within one's soul/life; this energy is represented by the fighting power or the Haki itself. Those with strong souls, which are homologous to shadows, resist the effects of Brook's soul manipulation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back