• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Post-Timeskip Scaling and Calcs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure that is not 509.9 meters wide. Far from it in fact.

Captain Torch said:
@Damage

The low-end shows the water on panel, while the high-end assumes that it stretched till the horizon as well as assumes an angle for that.
High End is much better couple of reasons

LowEndOvenCalc
1)As a low end I calculated distance to the ship in the red circle even though we can clearly see several objects even further again

2)Again Wadatsumi was even further and we can still see a lot of steam behind him

3)Radius of 800 m is clearly not deep enough as Wadatsumi was diving pretty deep yet the water was still nearly boiling

4)It's steaming litteraly everywhere we can see

And no eye altitude of 0.6 m is not an assumtion since 1/3 of fishman's body (on the right side of the pannel) is striking out of the water

High end is way more accurate but it's most likely an outlier

I'm not even going to debate here. Anytime One Piece is upgraded, it later just gets downgraded and then upgraded again and then downgraded again. There honestly isn't even a point anymore as I'm sure that after this arc, everyone will just be upgraded yet again and all the feats and statements and calcs treated as outliers and hyperbole will start to be taken more seriously. When One Piece ends is when I'll actually start debating seriously, because not only will we have the feats, but the legitimacy of the said feats will no longer be questionable. Also, I strongly disagree with the way the term "god tier" is being casually thrown around. We aren't even at the end of the series and people here just want to name anyone as the "god tier". One Piece only has Top tiers as of right now. Im sama is a potential "god tier", but it is unknown for now. A "god tier" should be not only the most powerful character in the verse, but overwhelmingly so. (I.e. Kaguya, Yhwach, Zeno, Checkerface, The Creator, etc.) Kaido has been beaten. He isn't the "god tier". Most likely it will be the final villain.

I feel like the side opposed to the upgrades is too strict about this. All the other verses has a smoother time doing scaling and calcing feats but for some reason every feat here is discarded. It doesn't matter if it's due to being outlierish or being unscalable to most characters.

When the series ends, they won't be able to keep downplaying it. Look at how people were with Naruto or even Toriko, until they became strong (Toriko during Four Beast arc and Naruto during the War arc). Before then, the two series were mocked and called weak as well.

I could literally write an essay explaining why all of the One Piece downplay is wrong and how come I believe that One Piece will display greater power levels later on, but I'm not going to bother since it'll just be ignored. The only REAL way to debunk the downplay will be once Oda starts showing feats from the Top tiers and the potential "god tier". Because right now, even authentic statements, such as Kizaru actually being able to fight and move at light speed, are being completely ignored.

Anyway so we're looking at a few pretty good upgrades soon. Rel is probably coming back along with the possibility of Sub Rel Pre Time Skip once the Databook for Kuma comes out.

So now the only two feats we need done are Chinjao's ice split feat ( Which should be around 6-C. ) and Marco intercepting Kizaru's attacks before they reached Whitebeard.

Mitch's calc is a good supportive feat if it's accepted as low end. If it's mid or high then we have a good feat for the Yonko and some other characters such as Admirals.

Nf1XkqZ
I forgot Rayleigh actually intercepted Kizaru twice, is there a way to calc this one? If so that could possibly give us three Relativistic feats after we get Marco's calc done.

Not sure.

In the future I want to talk about Pre TS Sub Rel if Kuma's card confirms him as LS attacking.

Man, so many verses in these past weeks have been downgraded, glad I could possibly get the Yonko to 6-C and higher

Calaca Vs said:
I feel like the side opposed to the upgrades is too strict about this. All the other verses has a smoother time doing scaling and calcing feats but for some reason every feat here is discarded. It doesn't matter if it's due to being outlierish or being unscalable to most characters.
I can't help but feel that the side supporting upgrades isn't strict enough.

If some of the calcs were properly evaluated in the first place, then the characters wouldn't be have been upgraded to ridiculous ratings like 6-B Luffy.

I'm not talking about the calcs itself only but more about the powerscaling.

Most of those calcs would be affected by the Earth's size so it's not so ridiculous as you think. Personally, using Earth's atmosphere size is far more ridiculous than any of that since at 10km there're the Sky Islands.

If we don't have any proper way to find the planet's size, we're supposed to use Earth's size even if it's very absurd

Considering that the real Earth's atmosphere is 480 km thick (but with most of it in the first 16 km), that doesn't surprise me.

And I do think that generally people overrate the powerscaling of characters in the past but I'd rather not drag the discussion down here since we should be focusing on how to scale the characters based on what we know currently.

Don't worry, we'll get great Kaido feats now that we're in the Wano Arc and we're officially taking on a Yonko, Hopefully Luffy defeats Kaido on his own and achieves Yonko level power with either a Gear 5th or Awakening

But if Luffy beats Kaido on his own, the fandom's opinion of Kaido will go down and he's probably going to be mocked to an extent like Big Mem- I mean Mom.

Remember that Luffy can only get stronger from here on, and he's going to face Admirals and other opponents on a similar level. It'd mean those antagonists will have better showings as they get to damage a stronger version of Luffy than the one Kaido lost to, someone that's supposed to be the strongest creature in the world.

So for me, it's better for Kaido to be defeated by a team effort.

I want Luffy to defeat Kaido like he defeated Doflamingo, we need a top tier Luffy, it's already been over 900 chapters, I mean come on, it will boost the Admirals if anything

Awakening and Gear Fitith is out of the question. I don't think he'll beat Kaido but I do think that he'll escape. Big Mom is currently heading to Wano to kill Luffy and Kaido said if she comes he'll kill her so I think it'll be Yonko vs Yonko.

Thanks Calaca. Anyway, to try and simplify the scaling process I'm making a list of the characters who directly scale to the calcs in the OP and what their new ratings would be.

From there we can extrapolate to other characters.

EDIT: Do we really not have a single calc for Luffy's Gear 3? Considering how often he uses it, it would be important.

The only thing I can think of is Luffy's Elephant Gun that he used to stop the Noah but that wouldn't be impressive and he already scales to higher stats anyway. But I think if anything we should focus on the ice spilt feat and the speed calcs first.

Well the ones that do happen are pretty major. We already have the Rayleigh vs Kizaru one and now all we need is Marco intercepting his light and the first time Rayleigh intercepted his light when he was gonna kill Zoro. Which could possibly give us three Relativistic feats meaning it wouldn't be an outlier anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back