• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Fishman Island Saga to Early Whole Cake Island Saga Sanji Fixes

So how does he even scale to him?
Who's trying to scale Sanji to Doflamingo?

Buddy, I think you're confused.

We all know that Doflamingo > Sanji. It's in the manga, we don't need you to explain that because clear. The OP is scaling Diable Jambe above Eagle Bazooka.

Doflamingo >> Diable Jambe > Eagle Bazooka = High 7-A

Therefore, Diable Jambe = At least High 7-A.

Who's trying to scale Sanji to Doflamingo?

Buddy, I think you're confused.

We all know that Doflamingo > Sanji. It's in the manga, we don't need you to explain that because clear. The OP is scaling Diable Jambe above Eagle Bazooka.

Doflamingo >> Diable Jambe > Eagle Bazooka = High 7-A

Therefore, Diable Jambe = At least High 7-A.
Okay.. But both were technically still weak.
Like I said, it doesn't matter what Doffy said, as both did no damage.

Okay.. But both were technically still weak.
Like I said, it doesn't matter what Doffy said, as both did no damage.
A bug landing on me wouldn't hurt.
An infant hitting me wouldn't hurt either.

Despite that, I can differentiate the power between the two and realize that the infant hitting me was stronger than the bug landing on me.

Them doing no damage is irrelevant.

Doffy is telling you that he is strong lol. "At last" compared to those beforehand.
And Luffy was not beforehand
That's not what I'm saying at all. I already gave up on Law scaling.

I'm talking about scaling above Eagle Bazooka, as he called that week, while calling Sanji.
He said that Luffy's technique lacked power, while calling Sanji someone strong.
And your Issho example holds no weight considering he said that his abilities were "no joke." Try again.
"Someone strong at last" would mean that he scales above the people before hand. Try again.
Also, Doffy's statement isn't at all him saying that Sanji isn't weakwilled, as it happened right after Sanji attacked him and the direct translation says Strong, not Tough, as I mentioned in the OP.
Ngl I'm honestly not trusting a random translation of the kanji over the other sources we have unless we have a translator

Even the kanji that you/whatever used in the translation yanked out to say strong points towards the "toughness" used in the english translation instead of "strength"

The statement doesn't reference power like strength. Doflamingo was chasing a bunch of bitches and saw someone fight back

If he complemented Sanji's power like he did later, I'd give it to him.

But what you're trying to scale him off of are 2 different statements

I couldn't give any less of a shit about Doffy's words ngl. Sanji's kick had the same effect as Eagle Bazooka or what ever it was called, which was nothing.
Thus, I don't think it should be High 7-A.

Idk about the translation so I can't speak on that.

All I know is that IF Eagle Bazooka is indeed High 7-A, then Diable Jambe should be High 7-A because Doffy considered it strong and said that Eagle Bazooka lacks power.

Now of course if the translation is deemed invalid, or Eagle Bazooka isn't High 7-A, then I obviously disagree with the CRT, but until then I agree.

Ngl I thought this thread was about Sanji's Haki being considered inferior/equal to FMI Luffy's Haki instead of above it, thank god it isn't because I got tired of trying to argue for that.

So uh, the argument here is that Sanji is H7A because Doflamingo called him strong.
This is the whole justification?

robert-downey-jr-facepalm.gif

But it is due to Doflamingo saying that in response to Sanji's kick.
No, again, it is not.

The sequence of events happen here.

Doflamingo and Law sense a group of losers on the Sunny.
Doflamingo sees them bitch and cry about him coming to kill them.
Sanji then comes in talking about how he's going to protect his crew, then kicks him, and Doflamingo says your statement
Next page, Sanji kicks him, Doffy dodges and then he slashes him, taunting him about protecting his friends.
Then Sanji hits him with Spectre, and he says the power behind it isn't bad.

When Doflamingo talks about his kicks, he specifically references his kicks as a separate entity
When he's talking about Sanji's character, he references Sanji specifically.

The only time he directly complemented his power was when he managed to do anything to him with Spectre.

You repeating "it's about the kick" when nothing talks about the kick other than a vague "strength" statement means nothing

Haven't read the rest of the thread so sorry if this was already answered:
He kinda also has durability negation
He has durability negation when he burns an opponent, his heat failed to burn Doflamingo so it wouldn't be a factor.
He said that he managed to poison him, not that he took his attack
You're misremembering, he calls him strong for withstanding his attack.

It's pretty clear Doffy wasn't referring at all to DJ's dura neg.

DJ's AP > Eagle Bazooka, and Sanji's durability should scale for obvious reasons.

It already should since he took 2 combined punches on the G2 level from Luffy and Jinbe simultaneously.

Didn't he take a combined hit from Jinbe and G2 Luffy while off-guard?
"Combined" that was not a "combined" hit, that was just a hit on 2 sides, and he got hurt

We scale him relative to 1 for it, we're not scaling him to both of them based on that logic

I'm not sure what you mean by this:
Fine, the barrage attacks
WDYM, stronger attacks?

Whatever that DJ attack he used in the OP's shown panel, whether it was a normal DJ attack or a special DJ kick, it should scale above Eagle Bazooka.
Did you deadass just miss the entire paragraph I sent showing why it's not the case that a normal DJ attack would scale

Fine, the barrage attacks

Did you deadass just miss the entire paragraph I sent showing why it's not the case that a normal DJ attack would scale
I disagree with it.

He even briefly dropped the grin when DJ Sanji was incoming, and only called him strong after the kick.

It's pretty clear that DJ Sanji even without barrages is more of a threat than Eagle Bazooka.

I disagree with it.

He even briefly dropped the grin when DJ Sanji was incoming, and only called him strong after the kick.
Yeah I would stop smiling when someone is coming to kick me
It's pretty clear that DJ Sanji even without barrages is more of a threat than Eagle Bazooka.
You just ignored my counter to that
Stop making me agree with Kachon, it feels weird.
Stop agreeing with incorrect takes

Back