• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One piece Movie Strong world Canon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Fairy tail Dragon Cry was accept here as Canon, shouldn´t movie Strong world get accept too? It was mentinoned that the Movie was written by Oda himself and even write the script. You can read here more:

https://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/One_Piece_Film:_Strong_World

Since Mashima Dragon Cry accept here, we should add the fact with Strong world too. Don´t the any different between the reason why Dragon Cry was accept and because Mashima was insolved in the movie. Oda write a whole book about the movie, novel come out too. If we would accept Movie Strong world as Canon, in the case we can calc the feat of Shiki who was holding 8Islands.^^

Dragon Cry was accepted as canon because

1. It fits the timeline

2. A major characters backstory is in it

3. The author said it's canon (I think)

4. A plot point from the movie was mentioned in the sequel manga (Happened recently)

5. I think there's more but I don't remember

If that's the case Film Z and Film Gold should be canon.

But I think it's unlikely. I'll make a research in a few days if nobody do it first to solve this.

Peter1129 said:

1. It fits the timeline

4. A plot point from the movie was mentioned in the sequel manga (Happened recently)

Ft dragon cry is mention in manga and in spin off manga(in both manga)

Peter1129 said:
1. It fits the timeline

1. It fits the timeline aswell in Movie strong world, after thriller bark arc...

2.Shiki was major character who even get whole spin off about his story with Roger

3. Oda write himself the story and script, Mashima never state it as Canon, he only mentioned that the movie is connected to the FINAL Chapter(And possible only because of the story with Acnologia)

4. Shiki was mentioned in the manga too, by Sengoku (and he even get own spin off with Strong world chapter 0).

So with your logic all point what you say fit with the strong world movie, if Dragon cry get accept because of this, then Strong world must be accept that too if we are fair and objective...

@chibi Well dc is canon anyway after ft 100year 6 chapter

@calaca did we see any spl feat in this movie(i didn't watch the movie, but i accept spoiler)

9TailAcno said:
@chibi
Well dc is canon anyway after ft 100year 6 chapter

@calaca did we see any spl feat in this movie(i didn't watch the movie, but i accept spoiler)
I know because that I make this thread, the same happend here in Strong world. Both Dragon Cry and Strong world has similars, Shiki was mentinoed in manga too by Sengoku and his backup story for the Strong world move. Oda himself write the story and Script, before one say Gold or movie Z, either Zephry or Tesoro wasn´t mentioned in the, Shiki was mentinoned in the manga and even get one special chapter. If DC get accept here because of the reason who fit most like to Strong world, I don´t see any reason to don´t accept Strong world as Canon. And in this case someone possible can make a Calc for Shiki Island feat.^^

There are little plot holes.

- Zoro being healthy despite Kuma's Painball.

- Brook stating in Sabaody there was his first fight as a Strawhat.

There are some more but I don't think they are major mistakes. It's more like BoG and FnF before Super contradicting certain events of Z and we still take BoG and FnF as canon (until Super shown up).

I'm still looking for big evidence but IMO it's safe to say is canon by now. Just wait and don't go crazy.

Thanks Calaca for you answer and search about the movie.^^ Hope any Admin or Mod write here is on opinion later.

Has the movie ever been referenced as canon?

I don't recall the movie ever being mentioned in the manga so peobably no. But the characters from the movie are canon to the manga. If I were to compare it to something I'd say it's similar to the recent Nanatsu no Taizai Movie: Prisoners of the Sky. The villains of the movie are canon and were mentioned in the manga. They also got a prequel manga that's canon to the story but the movie itself is not canon as it was never mentioned in the manga and it has some contradictions.

I don't think this is enough tbh. Wasn't the FT movie literally said to connect to the manga. Oda didn't make any statements like that which is why we accept it as canon in the first place unlike other movies

I think Shiki is canon cause he's mentioned by Sengoku to have escaped Impel down and chapter 0 is canon IIRC

Would this have any consequences for the scaling of the characters?

Antvasima said:
Has the movie ever been referenced as canon?
The plan about Shiki was already mentioned in the Canon Chapter 0 story when he say to Whitebeard he has plan to destroy East blue. And Sengoku mentioned him in the manga before the movie come out, Oda the Mangaka write the whole story and script. The the plot in the movie about Shiki plan and to destroy East blue was already mentioned in the manga himself. So I would referenced as canon then.^^

About Dragon Cry guys, the Mangaka never said that the movie was Canon, he only mentioned that the movie(most like Acnologia backstory) was connected to the FINAL CHAPTER of Fairy tail. This is like with One piece about Z story who was mentinoned in the Movie and he is connected to the manga. It doesn´t make the Movie canon but more like the Backstory of Z who is canon. Either way I see similar reasons why Dragon Cry was accept here and why we should accept Strong world aswell.^^

Shiki has great feats in the Movie(Cut one Island, Luffy split Island in half and Shiki move multiple big Island at once with his DF power).

Yeah shinki as a character is obviously connected to the manga. But are the events that took place connected. Oda never said anything about that. Hiro literally says DC is connected to the manga which makes it canon unlike Strong World which isn't said to be connected only the character Shiki is connected to the manga but not the events.

"AstralKing7 said:
Yeah shinki as a character is obviously connected to the manga. But are the events that took place connected. Oda never said anything about that. Hiro literally says DC is connected to the manga which makes it canon unlike Strong World which isn't said to be connected only the character Shiki is connected to the manga but not the events.
From Volume 55 Sbs of One Piece:

" Someone asks about the mention of Gold Lion.

ORGINALLY Oda wanted to include the blurb about him during the conversation between Shanks and Whitebeard (which is probably why the first preview ended up with those two) but held back because he thought it would be just too much info for readers and confuse them. (WHAT!?) He had no idea at the time that, that story about the pirate who wreaked havoc during Roger's time would actually become a movie."

It seems like Oda was already planning with Shiki, but the story who he want for the manga became the Movie. And we know he write himself the Story/Script for the Strong world movie.

And again Mashima never said that DC is complete Canon, he only mentioned that the Movie has connected to the FINAL Chapter of Fairy tail. So it doesn´t make the Movie diretly Canon but only one part of the Movie(Acnologia flashback).

Once again, "Strong World" has no statement of it being canon, and no reference of the events that happened in the movie. The only reference is the character in the movie, Shiki.

"Dragon Cry" has been confirmed to be connected to the "Final chapter" of FT. "Final Chapter" means "Final arc", which is basically confirmation of it being canon. The movie was also stated to be a prequel to FT's final arc, and had Acnologia's backstory, which was later referenced in the manga. Not to mention that the 4th generation dragon slayers, which were introduced in Dragon Cry, are actually a plot point in the FT Sequel.

In other words, the only connection to canon "Strong World" has is the character Shiki, while "Dragon Cry" was stated to be canon, has characters introduced in the movie playing an important role in the main series, and has references to the events of the movie.

Hope that cleared it up.

I think that Torch seems to make sense.

Strong World is absolutely not canon and would have some dire scaling consequences.

First and foremost, Strong World doesn't fit into the canon well, as Zoro is healthy in-film regardless of having been put into a near-death state for well over a week by Kuma post-Thriller Bark. Secondly, Brook does factually state on Sabaody that it's his first time fighting as a Strawhat Pirate.

Further, it would scale pre-timeskip Luffy to an opponent who was able to fight two Admiral-level fighters at the same time for an extended period of time (Shiki clashed against Garp the Hero and Sengoku the Buddha by himself and destroyed most of Marineford in the ensuing brawl). We know, for a fact, that Luffy is not even at this level post-timeskip yet.

Strong World's antagonist, Shiki the Golden Lion, is 100% canon; being mentioned by Sengoku as the only man to escape Impel Down right before the Impel Down Arc and using his epithet to do so and the existence of the Chapter 0 story. However, the movie itself is not.

So, given all this, we can definitively state the film's events are not canon in any way shape or form. It would make zero sense for scaling as well as narrative purposes.

Okay. I think that Xulrev has settled the discussion then. We should probably close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back