• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Revisions Part 2: East Blue to Enies Lobby Edition

Ercosore said:
Going back to Alabasta for a bit, did we reached a consensus about making a key for Alabasta Ussop, Nami and Chopper?
For what i can tell they should be put at minimum at 'At least Large Building level' due of the feats performed during the entire Alabasta Saga and especially via powerscaling.

Usopp, Nami and Chopper have supposedly defeated character much stronger than Buggy the Clown and the Nyaban Brothers, making them at least as strong as East Blue Top Tiers.

EBS Nami is featless and Arabasta Nami is nearly that as well. Aside the durability and stamina department there's nothing to justify physic AP for her.

She did defeated Miss Doublefinger and knock out Miss Valentine with the help of Vivi.

Powerscaling alone would put her on the same level of Usopp, so she has to be High 8-C as well.

Does anyone know how to calc explosions? We could get some feats from Mr. 4's bombs. Which would scale to Nami, Usopp, Chopper and Robin.

Ercosore said:
I am particulary curious about this explosion. https://********.org/chapter/61287/20
that particular explosion may be a chain explosion due to its proximity to Lasso or an out lier as I don't feel it is consistent with the others id recommend looking at the scale of the individual ones earlier first.

1cheapskate said:
that particular explosion may be a chain explosion due to its proximity to Lasso or an out lier as I don't feel it is consistent with the others id recommend looking at the scale of the individual ones earlier first.
Possible a chain reaction, but if valid the feat would still scaled Mr. 4 and Miss Merry Christmas since he did survive the explosion after been beaten and knocked out by Usopp and Chopper.

I wanted to discuss other things to not derail this thread:

Here is the link.

Do we agree in adding a + to East Blue Saga Top Tiers?

That'd include the Monster Trio, Arlong, Krieg and Kuro.

Burning Full Fingers pointed out earlier that normally the "+" isn't used unless it is supported by a feat. Instead "At least" is used when one character is stronger by an unknown amount.

Otherwise I agree with this.

I'm not saying it's inacurate. I'm just pointing out how the wiki normally does things.

I actually wouldn't doubt it if we did use the plus because of how close it is.

I think we should have the input of a staff member on that before adding a +

Personally speaking I think the simplest way of handling it is to put their rating as At least Large Building level, and then add in the justification.

Yeah, we should. If there are any relevant calcs / powerscaling to be done here, it would be useful.

I talked with Ant about the + and he effectively confirmed me that an At Least High 8-C it's the only way to do it.

I still think that Sanji's feat needs to be calced. It might give a calc about the +.

I'm currently reading Skypiea/Enies Lobby so I'll do the scaling/feat blog anytime soon to clarify the whole arc.

Okay, I don't think anyone has any problems with updating Luffy and Zoro to At least High 8-C for the East Blue Saga, and updating their justifications to reflect why?

Calaca Vs said:
I'm currently reading Skypiea/Enies Lobby so I'll do the scaling/feat blog anytime soon to clarify the whole arc.
There were also several feats performed back in Skypiea that i would like to see you conferm, more specifically the ones there characters were able to react and dodge lightning bolts from Enel.

Sanji was comparable to Zoro in that arc. Even Usopp defeated an opponent better than Buchi IMO.

The characters that should scale are:

• Luffy (he defeated Kuro and Buggy)
  • Zoro (defeated Buchi)
  • Sanji (comparable to Zoro)
  • Pearl (tanked Sanji's attacks and harmed him)
  • Gin (fought with Sanji in relatively equal terms)
  • Krieg (fought Luffy and was the first actual threat)
  • Arlong (fought with Luffy)
So every High/Top tier from EBS should scale.

There were also several feats performed back in Skypiea that i would like to see you conferm, more specifically the ones there characters were able to react and dodge lightning bolts from Enel.

I'm on it. Maybe this weekend or next week I'll update the blog.

Can somebody link Buchi's calc to his profile please? It's currently missing.

Wow that's surprisingly unnecesary.

But I think Buggy doesn't have the calc in his profile either.

If they're important enough to have a useful calc for scaling attributed to them, then I don't mind them having profiles, but we should make sure they're accurate.

For instance, I really don't think Sham needs to be Large Building level, he didn't pressure Zoro anywhere near as much as Buchi's hypnotized mode.

Sham is fast enough to trick and steal Zoro's swords but that's it. It isn't enough to give him a profile.

Also, part of his profile is wrong. He didn't create a false afterimage during that fight, he actually was cut by Zoro. Just turns out he's too thin and Zoro's blade missed him.

Back