• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Revisions Part 2: East Blue to Enies Lobby Edition

Considering that Wapol is currently scaling to Arabasta Luffy I think so. It's a supportive feat anyway.

After doing a bit of rereading of the thread (man, this thread has gone on for a while), I do not think we should actually apply the 'At least High 8-C' rating to Kuro or Zoro (in the Kuro Arc). Kuro should be just High 8-C because though we know he is superior to base Buchi, we haven't seen any comparison in AP between him and hypnotized Buchi.

We need a proper place to determine where we start applying the 'At least High 8-C' rating.

I know that Zoro as a whole in the East Blue Saga is At least High 8-C, but just because he cut him down with his swords doesn't mean he might be a whole tier above him in that arc, especially when Buchis' feat isn't even halfway along the High 8-C tier.

Isn't that still less than halfway along the High 8-C tier?

Just because it is close to the + doesn't mean Zoro would be At least High 8-C for beating him.

High 8-C is from 2 tons to 11 tons. From 6.5 it's High 8-C+.

And no. It's not at least High 8-C for being stronger than a 6 tons character but for one-shot a 6 ton character and being comparable to Luffy who defeated Buggy who tanked a 6.3 bomb twice.

Remember that Zoro fought with the Fishmen even severely injured and all of them are comparable in power except for Arlong who's clearly stronger.

One-shotting tends to become a bit easier when bladed weapons are involved. I am agreeing that Zoro should be At least High 8-C for the Saga itself, but not just from his feats that arc.

Fighting Fishmen while injured is good evidence for that too.

That's why every Top Tier from EBS should be listed with the At least. Sanji was comparable to Zoro and fought with Kuroobi even underwater (he didn't directly damaged him but he tanked his attacks and Kuroobi could harm him outside the water so they totally scales).

For reference: Buchi only attacked Zoro twice. The first one Zoro dodged it and then Buchi performed the feat. The second time Zoro completely stopped Buchi with no damage and kicked him away just for one-shot him.

Even if it's with bladed weapons he still nearly stomped him. We don't round down just for bladed weapons. Actually we say that they are that strong with bladed weapons and round down physically. Just like Wolverine.

Anyway, I'm not fussed about Zoro. What do you think about Kuro being just High 8-C?

Damage3245 said:
Anyway, I'm not fussed about Zoro. What do you think about Kuro being just High 8-C?
Well, logically speaking Kuro should be on a level comparable with Buggy since he was one of the strongest pirates in East Blue.

And Buggy was capable to survive two of his own Buggy's bombs, one of them had been calculated to be 6.358 Tons of TNT.

Buggy only has High 8-C durability, right? And I don't recall any notable AP feats from the Buggy Arc for Buggy, so even if Kuro was just High 8-C he'd be comparable to Buggy.

And Kuro was easily more threatening than Buggy.

Luffy was in perfect conditions after fighting Buggy while he nearly fainted after beating Kuro.

So I don't know if Kuro should or shouldn't be just High 8-C. He's for sure far stronger than Buggy on top of being faster.

Calaca Vs said:
So I don't know if Kuro should or shouldn't be just High 8-C. He's for sure far stronger than Buggy on top of being faster.
Far stronger? Nah. But overall stronger? Likely.

I think only Arlong between all the villains in the East Blue Saga could be considered far stronger than Buggy, since he was the first pirate to trully challenge Luffy.

Damage3245 said:
Buggy only has High 8-C durability, right? And I don't recall any notable AP feats from the Buggy Arc for Buggy, so even if Kuro was just High 8-C he'd be comparable to Buggy.
But remember that Buggy was also capable to harm Luffy and Zoro who should have comparable durability.

Buggy only stabbed Zoro because he took him out of surprise and because Buggy is for swordsman what Luffy's for brawlers: a nearly invincible opponent.

And yes. Buggy indeed harmed Luffy but not nearly at the same degree Kuro did.

So what its the verdict, characters should we upgraded at At least Large Building level or At least Large Building level, likely higher? Since it should be about time to start the revision.

By the way, it is just slightly related to the revision but why exactly Usopp and Nami's Striking Strength are scaled off their Attack Potency? Since technically speaking their AP come from by using their weapons (Clima-Tact and Kuro Kabuto) rather than their physical strength.

One thing is their Durability (since they do survive attacks from characters that are far physically stronger than them), another thing is their Striking Strength.

Also speaking about Nami and Usopp, we should also discuss about the matter of dividing their profiles in a similar matter of Zoro, Sanji and Luffy, since they did get several power boost over during the Pre Time Skip.

The proper rating should be : At least Large Building level .

And you make a good point about their Striking Strength, for those characters. Actually, if Nami's AP comes from her creating lightning or however she attacked early on, that wouldn't scale to their durability either...

I agree that Nami and Usopp should have keys for East Blue Saga and Alabasta Saga like the others.

Nami shouldn't have an East Blue key since she did nothing during that part despite fighting some fodders. In Arabasta we have some feats tho. Her striking strength should be At least Large Building Class coming when she one-shot Miss Valentine alongside Vivi.

EBS Usopp beat Chew but I don't know if we can scale the latter to Kuroobi or Hatchan tbh.

Damage3245 said:
And you make a good point about their Striking Strength, for those characters. Actually, if Nami's AP comes from her creating lightning or however she attacked early on, that wouldn't scale to their durability either...
Not exactly since Nami and Usopp had be always capable to took and survive attacks from characters physically far stronger than them.

Usopp had survived attacks from Chew, Mr. 5, Miss Valentine, Mr. 4 and Perona while Nami had survived attacks from Miss Doublefinger and Kalifa.

So their Durability should more or less be scaled off the AP of the aforementioned characters.

Well, yeah, I agree their durability would come from attacks they take. I'm just saying it wouldn't come from their own attacks such as Nami creating lightning.

Damage3245 said:
Well, yeah, I agree their durability would come from attacks they take. I'm just saying it wouldn't come from their own attacks such as Nami creating lightning.
On that i can agree on.

Calaca Vs said:
Nami shouldn't have an East Blue key since she did nothing during that part despite fighting some fodders. In Arabasta we have some feats tho. Her striking strength should be At least Large Building Class coming when she one-shot Miss Valentine alongside Vivi.
The same should be apply with Usopp since him and Nami are overall comparable in term of physical strength.

If Ant can unlock Luffy's profile for us (and leave it unlocked for a while preferably), that'd be great.

Damage3245 said:
If Ant can unlock Luffy's profile for us (and leave it unlocked for a while preferably), that'd be great.
Zoro, Sanji, Arlong, Kuro, Gin and Krieg's profiles too since they also need to be upgraded.

Actually it seen like both Gin and Pearl (One Piece) profile need an upgrade, fortunatelly their profiles is already unlocked.

Apparently only Luffy and Kuro's profiles are the only ones who are currently locked.

But i'm stil waiting for Antvasima to give the ok for the new changes.

I don't think Kuro should get an upgrade but I'll need to check back on this in the morning.

ZackMoon1234 said:
Kuros Profile should be unlocked
He scaled to those dudes that got hypnotized and destroyed some rocks
That would still make him just High 8-C.

Speaking about scaling there are also Pearl (One Piece) and Gin profiles that need to be updated, they're really outdated.

What was it that made Baratie Arc Sanji comparable to Zoro again?

Damage3245 said:
What was it that made Baratie Arc Sanji comparable to Zoro again?
Both Sanji and Zoro had be able to easily defeat Arlong's strongest crew members, and each of them should in theory be as strong if not stronger than Buchi.

KobsterHope07 said:
did someone calculated whether Luffy speed is Hypersonic from dodging Krieg's explosion and Alrong
How exaclty dodging Arlong is a Hypersonic feat? Does he had a Hypersonic feat too?

Back