• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Revisions Part 2: East Blue to Enies Lobby Edition

Does anyone have a link to the Town level calc for Enel? Since that is seemingly what a few characters are going to be scaled off.

Yeah, we should probably come up with a new list of ratings for which characters need to be updated and see if it is consistent.

Apparently Enel is currently rated as City level for it.

Huh... Maybe that bit of Enel's profile should be 'At least City level, likely higher'

Damage3245 said:
Huh... Maybe that bit of Enel's profile should be 'At least City level, likely higher'
I think 'At least City level, likely Island level via Raigo' would be more correct.

I'm gonna start compiling a rough list so we can keep track of it.

East Blue Saga Changes

Monkey D. Luffy: At least Large Building level (Much stronger than _____ who is Large Building level)

Roronoa Zoro: At least Large Building level (Much stronger than _____ who is Large Building level)

Alabasta Saga Changes

Crocodile: At least Multi-City Block level (La Spada calc), likely higher (Sandstorm calc)

Skypeia Saga Changes

Enel: Town level (Survived a Reject Dial from Wipey), At least City level, likely Island level via Raigo

Monkey D. Luffy: Town level (Defeated Enel)

Roronoa Zoro: Town level (Survived multiple attacks from Enel)

We don't normally assign the "+" sign except it's a calc that puts the character at that level. Just use "At least Large Building level (Stomped X, who could do [insert calc here])"

Remember that Sanji (at least his Pre Timeskip counterpart) was always portrayed as be on the same level of Zoro.

For Skypiea Saga, i think it would be more correct if the characters were ranked at 'Likely Town level', even if Enel and Sanji did survive attacks on that level, they didn't trully tank them (Enel has his heart stop beating while Sanji could only stand for a few moments before become unconscious).

And don't forget Enel is 'Likely Town level' in terms of Durability and Striking Strength only, in term of AP he should be instead 'At least Town level normally. At least City level, likely Island level via Raigo'.

They put at least because Enel's El Thor is a casual attack. Enel shows this in his fight with Luffy. He starts at 30 million volts then uses El Thor then uses 60 million volts and finally 100 million volts. Even after that Enel says that 200 million volys is his max.

Captain Torch said:
Yes I know, we discussed this calc a while ago. He's town level. No need for an "at least town level normally" though, which is my point
Enel was casual while performed most of his feats, and no one in the arc was capable fully match his lightning bolts with one of their own attacks, even Luffy wasn't actually capable to match Enel's Devil Fruit power.

Stefano4444 said:
Captain Torch said:
Yes I know, we discussed this calc a while ago. He's town level. No need for an "at least town level normally" though, which is my point
Enel was casual while performed most of his feats, and no one in the arc was capable fully match his lightning bolts with one of their own attacks, even Luffy wasn't actually capable to match Enel's Devil Fruit power.
Saying that the feat is casual is a valid point(Even though I'm still unsure about it)

But what does nobody being able to match enel have to do with anything? Nobody aside from Enel scales to Enel's El Thor either way.

Captain Torch said:
But what does nobody being able to match enel have to do with anything?
Because Skypiea Tiers are still 7-C and despire that no one was enough strong to block or redirect Enel's attacks.

Since we don't know what voltage that calced El Thor is in question, I don't think we can say it was one of his weaker attacks even if it was relatively casual.

Damage3245 said:
Since we don't know what voltage that calced El Thor is in question, I don't think we can say it was one of his weaker attacks even if it was relatively casual.
It isn't necessarily his weakest attack but it is his most common attack for sure, like how the Kamehameha is Goku's most common attack.

Cmue0312 said:
Well it should be below 60 million volts as Enel used that after he used El Thor and it failed.
Technically he only used that because he thought Luffy dodged it, not that he thought Luffy was too tough for El Thor.

I re-read the chapter:

Enel starts with El Thor: https://********.org/chapter/61867/10

Nami thinks he dodged and Enel is impressed: https://********.org/chapter/61867/13

Enel uses 60 million volts: https://********.org/chapter/61867/14

Enel uses 100 million volts: https://********.org/chapter/61867/15

Cmue0312 said:
I re-read the chapter:
Nami thinks he dodged and Enel is impressed: https://********.org/chapter/61867/13
You should really read the official translation.

Enel is the one that thought Luffy dodged it, whereas Nami questioned if that was the case because she thought (correctly) that it did hit Luffy.

The offcial translation pretimeskip isnt always correct. For example in the offcial translation on Jaya Blackbeard (after finding out Luffy's bounty) says something along the lines of 100 million I didn't even think he was worth 30 million. Which makes no sense after he just supported Luffy by saying dreams never die.

In the colored translation he says this: https://********.org/chapter/61599/17 which more closely lines up with Blackbeard supporting Luffy.

Plus Viz isn't the best translator.

Naturally translation mistakes will always exist, but the Viz version at least seems to line up with what is being depicted.

Going back to Alabasta for a bit, did we reached a consensus about making a key for Alabasta Ussop, Nami and Chopper?

Back