• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

Oh yeah Marco. He's kinda ass ngl
On the one hand, he lacks offensive hax/power that Sanji, Zoro, King, Queen, Luffy, Kaido, and Yamato have (and I still don't think he should've beaten Yamato). Dude didn't even hurt Queen or King that much.

On the other hand, this is still the same dude who threw hands with Big Mom and the admirals.

Overrated

Katakuri
Reminder that just like 7 hits from Luffy took this man down.

G4 was ragdolling this dude, and without Awakening he'd be below Cracker.

I hate the wank reddit gives this man. Worstgen too but to a lesser extent.

Reminder that just like 7 hits from Luffy took this man down.

G4 was ragdolling this dude, and without Awakening he'd be below Cracker.

I hate the wank reddit gives this man. Worstgen too but to a lesser extent.
Ong. Can't tell you how many people I've seen that unironically still think "YC1/Yonko Right Hand" level is a thing, and that Katakrui is on par with Marco and King.

On the one hand, he lacks offensive hax/power that Sanji, Zoro, King, Queen, Luffy, Kaido, and Yamato have (and I still don't think he should've beaten Yamato). Dude didn't even hurt Queen or King that much.

On the other hand, this is still the same dude who threw hands with Big Mom and the admirals.
Marco' is strong yeah. He's a good meatshield and has nice physicals to boot.

People just wank his regen too much tbh. Too many consider him borderline invincible to any non-yonko characters (despite the manga itself showing otherwise)

Ong. Can't tell you how many people I've seen that unironically still think "YC1/Yonko Right Hand" level is a thing, and that Katakrui is on par with Marco and King.
For real.

King made a Zoro who had fought Yonko struggle.

Katakuri got bitchslapped by someone who is below the Scabbards by a massive margin.
Marco' is strong yeah. He's a good meatshield and has nice physicals to boot.

People just wank his regen too much tbh. Too many consider him borderline invincible to any non-yonko characters (despite the manga itself showing otherwise)
Fair.

On the topic of Marco, I think it's idiotic to say that he blitzed Queen.

In the instance where he "blitzed" Queen, he was underneath rubble, lifting it over his head, which made it impossible to counterattack or block even if he wanted to.

Even comparing Sanji's Muoton Mallet to Marco's Crane Talons, the situations were near-identical, with Queen being in an even worse position from the get-go against Marco.

Against Sanji, Queen wasn't looking at Sanji (although he was looking in Sanji's general area, he was focused on Marco), and as a result, got hit. He only looked toward Sanji at the last moment, but by that time, it was too late.

Against Marco, Queen wasn't looking at Marco. He was talking to himself, and as a result got hit. He only looked toward Marco at the last moment, but by that time, it was too late.

After comparing these two instances, it's clear that the same thing basically happened twice.

What's interesting though is the fact that Queen has shown that under normal circumstances, he can react to Diable Jambe Pre-Awakening Sanji's attacks perfectly fine. Because of this, how can we say that Marco is blitz levels faster than Queen? It doesn't make sense.

On the topic of Marco, I think it's idiotic to say that he blitzed Queen.

In the instance where he "blitzed" Queen, he was underneath rubble, lifting it over his head, which made it impossible to counterattack or block even if he wanted to.

Even comparing Sanji's Muoton Mallet to Marco's Crane Talons, the situations were near-identical, with Queen being in an even worse position from the get-go against Marco.

Against Sanji, Queen wasn't looking at Sanji (although he was looking in Sanji's general area, he was focused on Marco), and as a result, got hit. He only looked toward Sanji at the last moment, but by that time, it was too late.

Against Marco, Queen wasn't looking at Marco. He was talking to himself, and as a result got hit. He only looked toward Marco at the last moment, but by that time, it was too late.

After comparing these two instances, it's clear that the same thing basically happened twice.

What's interesting though is the fact that Queen has shown that under normal circumstances, he can react to Diable Jambe Pre-Awakening Sanji's attacks perfectly fine. Because of this, how can we say that Marco is blitz levels faster than Queen? It doesn't make sense.
I mean, I never thought he blitzed Queen, since we see that Queen saw it in time, he just couldn't react to it.

Although Zoan Queen is faster than his base according to his profile, so maybe that explains it.

CDN media

Found this online.

To be fair. Most projectiles we've seen launched at Big Mom have either been surprise attacks or moving too fast for her to properly react to. I wouldn't really argue it's something Big Mom would do in character, but there's nothing stopping her from doing so, really. Outside of maybe a haki-coated projectile.

Just like nothing's stopping her from simply possessing an opponent's weapon. Turning a Sword/Club into a homie mid-fight is something she certainly should be capable of doing, even if she rarely, if ever, does so.

In defense of Big Mom, it could just be that her durability makes her so arrogant that she just doesn't see any attack against her as threatening enough to make a Homie.

Also most of her Homies are fodder besides her main 3.

Well, that's mostly by choice instead of an inherent weakness, right? Big Mom's main homies are uber-strong because they have some of her uber-strong soul in them. While most of her fodder homies have souls of fodder in them.

She could probably make more homies at the level of the top 3. She just has no real reason to do so. Especially when her soul is better used amping herself or healing wounds.

Queen is just as fast, if not faster than Marco.

Vinsmoke Amped Queen Speed > Zoan Forms Queen Speed >~ Marco Speed

Last edited:
Why do some people scale Queen's bullets to Marco, they're bullets, we don't scale bullets to anyone else in the series, right?

Why do some people scale Queen's bullets to Marco, they're bullets, we don't scale bullets to anyone else in the series, right?
His cyborg parts like his arm are equal to his cyborg gun's bullets.

Didn't Marco's body manage to take Kizaru's light bullets?

Implied to be superior, actually.
My point exactly.

And since it's confirmed by Oda that Marco's body is physical even in phoenix mode, Queen's cyborg stuff scales to that.

Tbh Zoan Queen should just scale above 2-sword Rooftop Buso Zoro, Zoro's unnamed Iai attack, and Base Kidd since Apoo was terrified of Zoan Queen but not Zoro or Kidd, not to mention Zoan Queen scaring Apoo heavily implies Queen is above Apoo's Devil Fruit.

Back