• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

Sanji still destroys without any level of difficulty.
Wouldn't W7 Franky vs Sanji technically be a closer fight? Both could rattle Blueno's tekkai, both have comparable speed to Luffy. That should be the closest versions of them if I'm not mistaken

Wouldn't W7 Franky vs Sanji technically be a closer fight? Both could rattle Blueno's tekkai, both have comparable speed to Luffy. That should be the closest versions of them if I'm not mistaken
I would've suggested that but Sanji doesn't actually have a water 7 key, strangely enough.

It goes from Skypiea to EL. And EL Franky stomps Skypiea Sanji.

Yeah. They mean the same thing.
No they don’t.
Not canon.
Irrelevant as we literally see Queen standing in King’s flames in chapter 1022.
Grill Shot>Normal Attacks.
Nice headcanon.
Stacking layers upon layers to beyond the reasonable extent.
Sanji’s entire move set is stacking layers of AP, Speed, Durability, and heat resistance. You’re just saying bullshit and not countering the premise of the argument. Not a single thing I said there was incorrect and you know that.
Like why is buso>exo?
In terms of heat resistance? Well that’s because Buso is a projection of a person’s spirit and willpower. Sanji’s entire heat resistance is based on his passion and will. Buso is an amped version of that. We have no idea how much Exo gives, but it’s clearly not as much as Sanjiis Buso purely based on the essence of what Buso is.
EFFk85LX4AUduj7

Why didn't ifrit ******* kill Queen in one hit?
1. Heat transfer is a thing
2. Sanji is a combo fighter
3. It’s been stated that Sanji cooks his opponent in a fight by using purposefully weak attacks then finishing off with a strong attack.

Sanji could have finished Queen at any point with any single attack from Ifrit. He not only wanted Queen to suffer for attacking Osome, but because of his fighting style, he doesn’t always goes for string attacks. He uses attacks strong enough to keep you “stun locked” but makes sure that they are not weak enough for you to tank them. The entire point of the Ifrit Jambe scene was Sanji punishing Queen for breaking the rules that have “been around since the dinosaurs”.

The way people misinterpret not only Sanji’s character, but his fighting style as well even though Oda’s gone through such lengths to make it as intricate and detailed as possible astounds me.

Tho on the topic of a water 7 Sanji vs Franky, Franky showing against Bluneo was more impressive, imo.

Franky flat out overpowered Blueno's with brute force alone, to the point where Bluneo needed to go for the kill to escape his grip.

Iirc Sanji only threatened Blueno's with a torque amped kick. His normal attacks didn't even phase his Tekkai.

So Franky should almost certainly have the physical edge.

No they don’t.
Irrelevant as we literally see Queen standing in King’s flames in chapter 1022.
He's standing behind it.
Nice headcanon.

Sanji’s entire move set is stacking layers of AP, Speed, Durability, and heat resistance. You’re just saying bullshit and not countering the premise of the argument. Not a single thing I said there was incorrect and you know that.
Nice headcanon.
In terms of heat resistance? Well that’s because Buso is a projection of a person’s spirit and willpower. Sanji’s entire heat resistance is based on his passion and will. Buso is an amped version of that. We have no idea how much Exo gives, but it’s clearly not as much as Sanjiis Buso purely based on the essence of what Buso is.
Nice headcanon.
Do you have short term memory?

1. Heat transfer is a thing
Doesn't matter if its like 5 layers above you.
2. Sanji is a combo fighter
Doesn't mean they survive every hit.
3. It’s been stated that Sanji cooks his opponent in a fight by using purposefully weak attacks then finishing off with a strong attack.
Source?
Sanji could have finished Queen at any point with any single attack from Ifrit. He not only wanted Queen to suffer for attacking Osome, but because of his fighting style, he doesn’t always goes for string attacks. He uses attacks strong enough to keep you “stun locked” but makes sure that they are not weak enough for you to tank them. The entire point of the Ifrit Jambe scene was Sanji punishing Queen for breaking the rules that have “been around since the dinosaurs”.

The way people misinterpret not only Sanji’s character, but his fighting style as well even though Oda’s gone through such lengths to make it as intricate and detailed as possible astounds me.
Nice headcanon.

This is the issue with you and most people on this site. You always twist words to fit your agenda without looking at stuff contextually. Thr statement said “Attack Power,” not “Offensive Ability.” If it said the latter, then sure, I’d agree with you, but you can’t change the translation with synonyms, as the translation is what it is.

Attack Power is AP, measured is Joules. Temperature is a measure of hotness or coldness, measured in F, C, or K. They are inherently 2 different things.
He's standing behind it.
He literally is not.

This does not prove your point, and is making you seem even less credible, using the Wiki instead of the manga. Send something from the manga or supplemental material such as Vivre Cards, SBS, or Databooks that’s support that Grill Shot is superior in heat than Sanji’s other Diable Jambe attacks.

They’re the same flames, at the end of the day.

Doesn't matter if its like 5 layers above you.
It literally does. Do you understand how heat transfer works? Read a physics textbook or something. I’m not going to argue with someone who doesn’t know what they’re talking about. It’s the same reason people don’t scale in heat resistance for getting hit with lightning unless they were exposed to it for a reasonable period of time.
Doesn't mean they survive every hit.
It literally does.
Vivre Card #0005 and Databook Deep Blue.

This is the issue with you and most people on this site. You always twist words to fit your agenda without looking at stuff contextually. Thr statement said “Attack Power,” not “Offensive Ability.” If it said the latter, then sure, I’d agree with you, but you can’t change the translation with synonyms, as the translation is what it is.

Attack Power is AP, measured is Joules. Temperature is a measure of hotness or coldness, measured in F, C, or K. They are inherently 2 different things.
Okay. But explain how magma can hurt someone if not heat.
He literally is not.
He literally is.
This does not prove your point, and is making you seem even less credible, using the Wiki instead of the manga. Send something from the manga or supplemental material such as Vivre Cards, SBS, or Databooks that’s support that Grill Shot is superior in heat than Sanji’s other Diable Jambe attacks.

They’re the same flames, at the end of the day.
I'm just pointing you to the fact the name of the attack means "thoroughly cooking(heating)"
It literally does. Do you understand how heat transfer works? Read a physics textbook or something. I’m not going to argue with someone who doesn’t know what they’re talking about. It’s the same reason people don’t scale in heat resistance for getting hit with lightning unless they were exposed to it for a reasonable period of time.
Then Sanji doesn't scale to King's heat since he only comes in contact with it briefly. Fiction doesn't care about that sort of stuff.
It literally does.
No.
Vivre Card #0005 and Databook Deep Blue.
Same flames. He's just kicking harder.

Okay. But explain how magma can hurt someone if not heat.
Do you understand the concept of AP?
I'm just pointing you to the fact the name of the attack means "thoroughly cooking(heating)"
And I’m just pointing out to you that Diable Jambe in general does that, as it was literally stated, and the flames used in Grill Shot are no different than the flames in his other attacks, meaning that what you said is a whole bunch of nothing.
Then Sanji doesn't scale to King's heat since he only comes in contact with it briefly.
Thats not how it works? Just because Sanji doesn’t come in contact with his COMBO ATTACKS, doesn’t mean that his heat is somehow less potent?

Sanji fights outside of combos all the time. Look at his fight with Jabra, Oars, Pacifista, Queen (until the end), Page One, Vergo, or literally just anybody.

Fighting in combos is just one of Sanji’s many ways of combat. Using Sanji not melting Queen with Ifrit Jambe to discredit his heat is disingenuous, as he was using a combo in that instance. His heat is just there, but he didn’t rely on his heat to beat Queen.
Same flames. He's just kicking harder.
What does anything I linked have to do with Sanji’s flames?

Do you understand the concept of AP?
The a.p comes from the DF. DF is magma. DF a.p comes from magma. Magma a.p comes from heat.
And I’m just pointing out to you that Diable Jambe in general does that, as it was literally stated, and the flames used in Grill Shot are no different than the flames in his other attacks, meaning that what you said is a whole bunch of nothing.
No other Diable Jambe attack has that in its name, plus the fact its used alongside the stronger attacks of Luffy, and Zoro
Thats not how it works? Just because Sanji doesn’t come in contact with his COMBO ATTACKS, doesn’t mean that his heat is somehow less potent?

Sanji fights outside of combos all the time. Look at his fight with Jabra, Oars, Pacifista, Queen (until the end), Page One, Vergo, or literally just anybody.

Fighting in combos is just one of Sanji’s many ways of combat. Using Sanji not melting Queen with Ifrit Jambe to discredit his heat is disingenuous, as he was using a combo in that instance. His heat is just there, but he didn’t rely on his heat to beat Queen.
?
What does anything I linked have to do with Sanji’s flames?
Same heat

Tbf Akainu's df isn't solely based on heat, there is also a good amount of blunt force behind his attacks. However I highly doubt that this contributes to him having the highest attack power.

Because you’re too stubborn to realize that

A. Attack power ≠ heat

B. Grill Shot is not hotter that Sanji’s normal Diable Jambe, as they use the same flames

C. Someone getting hit with something much hotter than what they can resist very quickly and not getting melting simply means heat transfer is in action and is not an anti feat for the attacker

D. Kicking harder doesn’t result in increased heat

Tho on the topic of a water 7 Sanji vs Franky, Franky showing against Bluneo was more impressive, imo.

Franky flat out overpowered Blueno's with brute force alone, to the point where Bluneo needed to go for the kill to escape his grip.

Iirc Sanji only threatened Blueno's with a torque amped kick. His normal attacks didn't even phase his Tekkai.

So Franky should almost certainly have the physical edge.
GOAT

Sometimes it’s good to embrace your monkey side so it’s all good :cool:
I think I do that nearly all the time... 😅 That's why the pfp needs a lil of my human side, too many think I'm just a monkey or a monkey god... (Tho I am those things 🙈) but don't know I'm a human as well

Back