• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

URGENT: EAST COAST AIR

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
For all of my East Coast people.

I know you guys are aware of the absolute crap air due to the Infinite Tsukuyomi outside. As someone who needs to work in that air, trust me when I say, this is no joke.
The fact that I can look at the sun without going blind says everything I need to know.
Please don't bash Canadians in here, even though it's due to the smoke from up there, no need for that.
It's kinda orange outside. Like deadass it's like the sun and moon are just red and yellow LED lights.

Everybody keep your windows closed and refrain from going outside. Invest in an air purifier and plant trees cause its literally orange outside.
Buy more facemasks.

Looks like the damn apocalypse.

Everybody be safe!
red-sun-explainer-060623-4-8a206227642f4d44b7f25a45d53792fd.jpg

JR4KM66AWFKJVEVGQ5MG5DJVJA.jpg

Last edited:
We ain't doing so hot here either. Hah. Hot. Heatwave.

Yeah, we undergoing our own shit RN, power outages, coal shortages, politicians making absolute clowns out of themselves talking about a digital Bangladesh while having blackouts in their own political events, that sort of stuff. Heat wave isn't helping things down here either and we're racking up bills due to rising gas prices.

Stay safe people, both in the East Coast and in my homeland of Bangladesh. This is one of those tumultuous times where we need to stand united.

Live in Southern NY myself, bordering Pennsylvania and close-ish to the Susquehanna, and even this far down it's pretty bad. The air smell's like someone made a building sized bonfire, and often it looks almost as if it's foggy. Earlier today, the Fog-Like smoke even made everything look Yellow. That said, I know it's much worse for people closer up north, even though the closest Air Quality station to me is saying that the air is generally unhealthy. I only have the obligation to go outside for school rn, fortunately, but it still sucks going out there and having to cover my nose and mouth with a hoodie while we wait for the bus. It's bad. Like, really bad.

I pray for anyone who lives closer to Canada than I do, I can only imagine the hellscape they're having to deal with, especially if they have to leave their buildings. Good luck to anyone and everyone else having to deal with this, especially if your Air Quality is downright Hazardous. If you have to go outside, then please be quick, as breathing in too much of this stuff can be horrible. Especially if you have Asthma or, like myself, have had a history with Respiratory Issue's, like Pneumonia. You can easily get very sick if your lungs are even a bit subpar compared to what's normal. In some area's, it may even be Life-Shortening, even for people with strong lungs. I heard NYC itself got hit pretty hard, too.

Again, good luck to everyone dealing with this, and I hope we can all make it through this. Staying inside is for the best for most people in most places dealing with the poor air quality. Hopefully, this will blow over sooner rather than later.

Live in Southern NY myself, bordering Pennsylvania and close-ish to the Susquehanna, and even this far down it's pretty bad. The air smell's like someone made a building sized bonfire, and often it looks almost as if it's foggy. Earlier today, the Fog-Like smoke even made everything look Yellow. That said, I know it's much worse for people closer up north, even though the closest Air Quality station to me is saying that the air is generally unhealthy. I only have the obligation to go outside for school rn, fortunately, but it still sucks going out there and having to cover my nose and mouth with a hoodie while we wait for the bus. It's bad. Like, really bad.

I pray for anyone who lives closer to Canada than I do, I can only imagine the hellscape they're having to deal with, especially if they have to leave their buildings. Good luck to anyone and everyone else having to deal with this, especially if your Air Quality is downright Hazardous. If you have to go outside, then please be quick, as breathing in too much of this stuff can be horrible. Especially if you have Asthma or, like myself, have had a history with Respiratory Issue's, like Pneumonia. You can easily get very sick if your lungs are even a bit subpar compared to what's normal. In some area's, it may even be Life-Shortening, even for people with strong lungs. I heard NYC itself got hit pretty hard, too.

Again, good luck to everyone dealing with this, and I hope we can all make it through this. Staying inside is for the best for most people in most places dealing with the poor air quality. Hopefully, this will blow over sooner rather than later.
I live in Pennsylvania and I don't see it here yet.
I'll keep a sharp eye out though, this seems pretty bad.
Plus I have asthma.

I live in Pennsylvania and I don't see it here yet.
I'll keep a sharp eye out though, this seems pretty bad.
Plus I have asthma.
It's good to hear that it hasn't hit you yet, but considering your asthma, please keep safe. Realistically, I have little doubt that it will eventually reach Pennsylvania, so I hope you and other's can at least be a little more prepared than some of us were.

I live in Maryland, will I be all right?

also to all the other guys here I hope you guys stay safe and healthy. 👍
You're a bit further away, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility it could come down to you, honestly not sure, not too big a expert on this (And I doubt anyone on VSBW just so happens to be a expert on air pollution). Hopefully you won't have to deal with it though.

Ur below us so you should be good for now until/unless it (hopefully it doesn't) hits Maryland

Don't take any deep breaths outside
You're a bit further away, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility it could come down to you, honestly not sure, not too big a expert on this (And I doubt anyone on VSBW just so happens to be a expert on air pollution). Hopefully you won't have to deal with it though.
Thanks for letting me know I appreciate it

As someone who also lives in the East Coast, I can attest to this. The mask I wore to work was covered in soot by the time my shift was over; not a pleasant day. And there was also soot on my polarized sunglasses; definitely be bad if that shit got in my eyes. It's like the West Coast and East Coast have been swapping weather habits as of late.

Back