• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Earthquake Calculations Disucssion (Calc Group Member Only).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why insteed of using inconsistent giant heights, you use the consistent size of Marine battleships to find a Size for Marineford.

0724-015.png

0424-006.png

0429-008.png

Marineships are consistent (almost everytime) with their huge size

Well we do have a comparison of a Marine battleship here to Marineford.

11.jpg

Thats an inconsistency

0551-014.png

0550-009.png

0550-014.png

In every manga panel marineford consistenly dwarf marineships.
Just informing you now, next time you need permission to talk on a CGM thread.

But yeah I agree, it's definitely more inconsistent from the Chapter 0 scan then the main timeline scan

I mean...

Do yall want to use it?

I could throw together a quick calculation
unknown.png

Red Line: 56 m
Red Line: 115.7 px
Orange Line: 120.8 px
Orange Line: 58.468452895419 m

unknown.png

Orange Line: 6 px
Cyan Line: 73 px
Cyan Line: 711.36617689426 m

Marineford Top Half: 31 px
Red Tsunami Height: 71 px
Red Tsunami Height: 1629.2580180481 m
Green Tsunami Height: 95 px
Green Tsunami Height: 2179.9931227405 m

Red Tsunami​

1.5667 x Log(1629.2580180481) + 7.0781 + (-4.9 + 4.7)/1.5 = 11.9769911912

5.827560e+22 Joules or 1.392820e+13 tons: 13.9 Teratons (Country Level)

Green Tsunami​

1.5667 x Log(2179.9931227405) + 7.0781 + (-4.9 + 4.7)/1.5 = 12.1751243087

1.155278e+23 Joules or 2.761180e+13 tons: 27.6 Teratons (Country level)

Yeah, that scaling doesn't seem very consistent.

I know there's like a dozen different ways of getting the size of Marineford, but over 700 m tall for that structure at the top definitely doesn't seem accurate.

Yeah, that scaling doesn't seem very consistent.

I know there's like a dozen different ways of getting the size of Marineford, but over 700 m tall for that structure at the top definitely doesn't seem accurate.
Maybe around twice the result of M3X's

I can agree unless I find more consistent calcs of that thing being that tall

I was asked to comment here. Reading over this, M3X's 1.11 teraton calc some posts ago looks best at the moment, though wouldn't you add both tsunamis instead of just one since it was 2 tsunamis made by the same earthquake? That seems to have been the case for other suggested versions of this feat.

I was asked to comment here. Reading over this, M3X's 1.11 teraton calc some posts ago looks best at the moment, though wouldn't you add both tsunamis instead of just one since it was 2 tsunamis made by the same earthquake? That seems to have been the case for other suggested versions of this feat.
The two tsunami was made by two separate quake attacks, one from each of Whitebeard's arms.

The formula requires the highest tsunami's height to be calculated, but since they are 2 different earthquakes
Mmm... Theoretically, if there were 2 epicenters produced at the same time from 1 attack and they produce their own tsunamis each, then yes. You could add them.
They could be added

Apologies to the staff members who are already here.

I think that the 1.11 Teraton version could work as well, but I'll need to look over the other feats tomorrow.

I'm... probably gonna stay neutral on this one decision. I'll be here for anything else, though.

So do we have enough input to have reached a conclusion here, or do we need more?

Okay. I cannot force them to be interested though, but I suppose that I can send another notification if we do not receive any more input in the coming days.

Last edited:
Which calc group members have already evaluated this thread?

Which calc group members have accepted what here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back