• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Thirteen Impel Down

Damage3245 said:
> Why would a solo person be a candidate to fight Blackbeard and his entire crew?
They didn't seem to be referring to Blackbeard's entire crew, but Blackbeard himself.

And their wording was "Only the remaining four emperors themselves could possibly defeat him... and maybe Marco the Phoenix with Whitebeard's Crew."

The implication being the that Yonkou themselves could take down Blackbeard but Marco would need the backing of the Whitebeard Crew.
Pirate crews in One Piece are consistently referred to by their Captain's name. For example, the Marines are not saying Shanks and Kaido solo'd out one another here and we know that for a fact due to the Red Force showing up at Marineford shortly thereafter with the entire crew on-board; similarly, Whitebeard and Shanks meeting (with full crews) was referred to simply as a Whitebeard/Shanks meeting by the Marines.

The Gorosei specifically mentioning Whitebeard's crew with Marco further enforces my case here since they are not the Marco Pirates, they're the Whitebeard Pirates, so you must emphasize their inclusion since it cannot be assumed as they do with literally every other crew.

The implication is not a 1-on-1 fight, it's a fight of crew-vs-crew. Further, it seems the Gorosei specifically were only mentioning Pirates, or else they would have outright stated the Marines can crush Blackbeard, Akainu specifically, since even Blackbeard himself fled and feared Akainu shortly post-Gura Gura no mi absorption.

None of this supports the theory given and cannot be used to downplay Mihawk, at base, since a solo Warlord/pirate could never conceivably take down a crew of that level

Harems, beating up animals and wet nurses, desecrating human remains. This guys sounds like he'd love Blackbeard.

Anyway, does anyone else think Hyo's hair from his younger days look like it may be on fire?

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!! May your day be filled with spooky stuff and mystery hijinks.

Good news: The latest One Piece chapter was released today rather than Friday - https://*****************/read-online/One-Piece-chapter-961-page-1.html

Bad News: The Misadventures of Oden is on break next week.

KE of the boar would, at most, be 8-B+. Nothing worth looking at. Its feat of demolishing parts of the capital are also ranged from High 8-C to 8-B, so... that pretty much settles it as being a weak-sauce.

Quick thing, shouldn't Big Mom have observation haki on her prrofile?

Never mind, got lost in those edits.

According to the databook she has it, so I suppose so, yes.

@RoronoaxRobin

I think we shouldn't use hypothetical instances to confirm as haki usage, especially since there is precedence on how confirmed observation haki is shown in the manga, whether it's via statements or visual representation.

Also, you can argue any instance as kenbun haki usage and it just isn't reliable.

for some reason i always think about urahara's bankai when imagining what law's awakening would be what do y'all think ?

I mean, it would be pretty ironic considering Law's power would be employing abilities akin to what Doflamingo does (at least aesthetically, not functionally)

CinCameron20 said:
I mean, it would be pretty ironic considering Law's power would be employing abilities akin to what Doflamingo does (at least aesthetically, not functionally)
I know right ? that's exactly why i think it would fit so well

Back