• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Thirteen Impel Down

After the memorable incident and befriending the Kuja, Luffy has the horrifying shock that his brother Portgas D. Ace is about to be executed. Before reuniting with his crew at Sabaody Luffy decides to rescue Ace who's being held in the most secure and deadliest prison in the world Impel Down.

69F1CFEA-A5FB-48EE-9548-282AAA314524
AFA9259F-288D-4ABA-AA65-84E48CF4F721
B2E93506-5A7C-4812-BC30-F6DF2A33FE3B
7A258B79-EEEA-4F64-9D1F-D372405364CF
REMAIN IN IMPEL DOWN!! LAST CALL Mr
REMAIN IN IMPEL DOWN!! LAST CALL Mr.2 Bon Clay to Luffy English SUB

Prime Garp barehanded along with Roger - Took down Rocks and his crew which consisted of Big Mom, Kaido, Whitebeard, Shiki and other bigshots. Roger himself said that Garp has nearly killed/cornered him several times. Literally called hero of the marines, infact the legends about him are so absurd that even Sengoku does not know which ones to believe.

Prime Whitebeard - Buggy said he had the strength to match Roger, some marines/pirates also said that he could match Roger. Was part of the crew which got "crushed" by Roger and Garp.

Old Garp - Is not sick. When he sat on Akainu's seat (like he owns it) all the marines present said that he was the ultimate defence/guardian and got a big boost in motivation, this statement was made despite there being Fleet Admiral Sengoku literally near Ace. Also most of the marines don't even know about the Rocks incident, which is probably Garp's biggest feat, which makes me wonder how crazy his other legends are. He openly bad mouths the Celestial Dragons, his son is the world's biggest criminal and his grandson is a well known pirate, despite all this Garp is still highly respected and pretty much does whatever the *** he wants in the navy, this shows how much the WG regards his power.

Old Whitebeard - Is sick.

Lol are we going to downgrade old Garp to gear 4 level?

@Stefano

Kaido's title and his introduction suggests that he's closer to Shirohige than expected. I don't know how to treat those two actually, since I don't know what to treat as a wider term, man or creature.

Shanks stepped in Marineford and not even Akainu dared to fight despite the fact that he fought Shirohige. Fighting Shanks would have been too much for him after facing Shirohige at that point. The same goes for Teach, who basically escaped of the idea of fighting Shanks.

@BANLK

The details are unknown, but Sengoku himself said that Kaido and Linlin weren't as strong as they currently are. Same could be considered for Newgate and Shiki, meaning that the biggest threat in the crew would be Xebec himself.

The marines got their moral increased because of Garp's status. His strength is well known but most of them didn't know how powerful Shirohige was so they had no authority to compare them. If anything, that'd mean Garp should scale above the Admirals.

The rest of what you said has nothing to do with power.

I wrongly updated those two to 6-B and now I regret for not fixing the problem the moment it happened.

(Prime Veriosns) Garp=Roger=>Whitebard>>>>>Old Garp<=>old, sick and dieing WB doesn't seem like a stretch.

Sengoku having fought Shiki should mean he is at least somewhat comparable to those prime characters as well so I don't see why his older version would not scale either to older versions.

How about this:

SenGoku; At least low 6-B, possily 6-B. Logically superior to his any Admiral even years past his prime. Fought Blackbeard after the latter gained Whitebeard's powers.

Garp: Likely 6-B: although weaker than his prime he shouldn't be too mch weaker than others of his era. Still considered the strongest Marine.

The Calaca said:
Kaido's title and his introduction suggests that he's closer to Shirohige than expected. I don't know how to treat those two actually, since I don't know what to treat as a wider term, man or creature.
So Garp, who had actually fought the Pirate King himself, doesn't get to be scaled to WB while Kaido, who had only a cooler title and introduction, get to be scaled instead?

I'm sorry if i going to offend you, but this is some really dumb logic, especially coming from you of all people.

The Calaca said:
Shanks stepped in Marineford and not even Akainu dared to fight despite the fact that he fought Shirohige. Fighting Shanks would have been too much for him after facing Shirohige at that point. The same goes for Teach, who basically escaped of the idea of fighting Shanks.
Sengoku was the one who stopped the war itself, Akainu was taken off guard by his presence since he was fighting Kaido.

Also, this doesn't disprove that Akainu did clash Whitebeard for a brief period of time, in a matter similar to Shanks and WB.

Prime Garp, yes. Old Garp? Nope.

Kaido is at his prime, stronger than before. Garp is old and while he's not sick, he has no feats to support he's as strong as he was at his prime.

Shanks holds a lot of mistery about his power level. All of his feats are casual even when lacking an arm. Shanks vs Shirohige is different from Akainu vs Shirohige because the former shows that they are comparable in DC while Akainu got stomped the moment Newgate went serious. Shanks even stopped Sakazuki's punch without effort, proving that he, at the very least, is comparable to Newgate.

The Calaca said:
Shanks vs Shirohige is different from Akainu vs Shirohige because the former shows that they are comparable in DC while Akainu got stomped the moment Newgate went serious.
Newgate neither went serious in his clash with Shanks, there was no visual or textual indication of that and both Shanks and Whitebeard had no reason to go all out, and if they did then the Yonko Commanders (Marco, Jozu, Benn, Roo and Yasopp) wouldn't had be as chill as they were.

https://i.imgur.com/6AV0Fai.png

https://i.redd.it/rndll59sxwe31.jpg

They clashed after drinking. They were drinking and at the same time you can't assume Shanks was serious while Newgate wasn't.

Doesn't disprove the fact that Shanks flexed on Sakazuki and he didn't move an inch.

Blackbeard was intent on destroying Marineford right then and there despite Garp and Sengoku opposing him (+ the 3 Admirals in the vicinity).

Shanks rolls in and challenges everyone who desires to keep fighting, and Blackbeard leaves, noting "We are not prepared to deal with you guys".

If we really wanted to assume as such, Shanks is considered a bigger threat to BB than Garp and Sengoku, since he willingly retreated against him and tried to take out Sengoku and Garp with his crew.

Also, can we please stop talking about the damn Rocks being a reason to scale Garp above WB? This event occurred 4 decades prior and we don't even know exactly how things went down. For example: There could've been a betrayal, Roger could've sacrificed himself in some way to ensure Garp would take out Rocks, etc.

• There's NO point discussing this. FORGET the topic until a flashback happens. I will not discuss Rocks further.

The Calaca said:
They clashed after drinking
And that somehow prove they are equal?

The Calaca said:
They were drinking and at the same time you can't assume Shanks was serious while Newgate wasn't.

Stefano4444 said:
there was no visual or textual indication of that and both Shanks and Whitebeard had no reason to go all out

The Calaca said:
Prime Garp, yes. Old Garp? Nope.
Kaido is at his prime, stronger than before. Garp is old and while he's not sick, he has no feats to support he's as strong as he was at his prime.
I'm pretty sure he even outright states that he's gotten so much weaker when he chucks that giant cannon ball at the Thousand Sunny

@Tetsu thank you, I forgot that line.

Cin explained my point about Shanks with another support outside of the clash.

I'll create the CRT to talk about the 6-Bs in the Navy to get them downgraded. It has been going on for a while now.

Do y'all think one piece will ever reach tier 5 ? or 4 even ? i mean it's possible maybe with the introduction of space pirates n' all

Smoker was kicked by Hancock and didn't turn to stone. Not sure if that means anything in the grand scheme of things. Just thought it would be interesting to point out.

We should make a list of characters that haven't really shown any attraction to Hancock.

Maybe it could add some form of resistance to their pages?

I don't think so, this is Hancock own weekness. And she still can petrificates anything with perfume femur or slave arrow.

I actually agree with Stefano here.

@calaca: The marines could have taken the red hair pirates. Easily.

And I consider Beckmann equal to Shanks.

Wait let me guess, because you think Zoro is equal to Luffy and for some reason that means Rayleigh was equal to Roger and Beckmann is equal to Shanks.

> Garp is old and while he's not sick, he has no feats to support he's as strong as he was at his prime.

There's nothing (as far as I'm aware) that suggests he's much weaker than his prime. For both Rayleigh and Whitebeard it was mentioned by themselves and/or other characters that they weren't in peak condition anymore. If Garp is so much weaker why hasn't anyone mentioned it yet?

Also Whitebeard being "The World's Strongest Man" is not a valid argument for Garp being much weaker. As the Vivre Card databook states he obtained the title before the Great Age of Pirates which means Roger (WB's equal) was alive when he obtained the title.

Well Garp doesn't have a lot of feats the one notable feat he has suggests he's at least stronger than Akainu. Garp easily punched Marco away well Marco could block Akainu who was attempting to kill Luffy. Also Garp thought he could kill Akainu which there's no reason to doubt as nothing suggests he's vastly weaker than his prime.

> Blackbeard was intent on destroying Marineford right then and there despite Garp and Sengoku opposing him (+ the 3 Admirals in the vicinity). Shanks rolls in and challenges everyone who desires to keep fighting, and Blackbeard leaves, noting "We are not prepared to deal with you guys".

I also find this to be a bad argument. BB ran away from Akainu and even said "I'm not ready for that yet!". By this logic Akainu + 4 other admiral level charcters is less of a threat than Akainu by himself. It doesn't make any sense.

It's much more likely that BB was overconfident in himself (the same thing happened when he went up against Magellan who the easily defeated BB) because he obtained the Gura Gura no Mi only to realize he was way out of his league. This is supported by Whitebeard blantently saying that overconfidence and carelessness are BB's weaknesses.

Shakky1567 said:
> Garp is old and while he's not sick, he has no feats to support he's as strong as he was at his prime.

There's nothing (as far as I'm aware) that suggests he's much weaker than his prime. For both Rayleigh and Whitebeard it was mentioned by themselves and/or other characters that they weren't in peak condition anymore. If Garp is so much weaker why hasn't anyone mentioned it yet?

Also Whitebeard being "The World's Strongest Man" is not a valid argument for Garp being much weaker. As the Vivre Card databook states he obtained the title before the Great Age of Pirates which means Roger (WB's equal) was alive when he obtained the title.

Well Garp doesn't have a lot of feats the one notable feat he has suggests he's at least stronger than Akainu. Garp easily punched Marco away well Marco could block Akainu who was attempting to kill Luffy. Also Garp thought he could kill Akainu which there's no reason to doubt as nothing suggests he's vastly weaker than his prime.

> Blackbeard was intent on destroying Marineford right then and there despite Garp and Sengoku opposing him (+ the 3 Admirals in the vicinity). Shanks rolls in and challenges everyone who desires to keep fighting, and Blackbeard leaves, noting "We are not prepared to deal with you guys".

I also find this to be a bad argument. BB ran away from Akainu and even said "I'm not ready for that yet!". By this logic Akainu + 4 other admiral level charcters is less of a threat than Akainu by himself. It doesn't make any sense.

It's much more likely that BB was overconfident in himself (the same thing happened when he went up against Magellan who the easily defeated BB) because he obtained the Gura Gura no Mi only to realize he was way out of his league. This is supported by Whitebeard blantently saying that overconfidence and carelessness are BB's weaknesses.
Thats pretty true.

The Calaca said:
There's no basis for your first claim. Nobody dared to step to Shanks crew and yet you say that the marines would win the fight.
They had 2 healthy admirals, Garp and Sengoku and Akainu who is in more than good enough shape to destroy multiple Yonko commander level fighters at the same time, 5 warlords (including Flamingo, Kuma and Hancock who are all probably Yonko commander level and have broken had to boot). An army of pacifistas, an army of zombies, dozens of VAs some of whom like Momonga and Spider-Man are probably at or approaching Yonko commander level. An uncountable number of mid tiers, some high tiers Hordes of fodder. Tonnes of sea stone weaponry. 4 admiral level fighters in standby (the 4 admiral candidates) and Kong who is probably at least admiral if not Yonko level.

Back