• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Thirteen Impel Down

Which is canon to the story, has background from even before his movie and has been referenced again. Yet the movie isn't considered canon and Luffy isn't scaling to him either.

He has more backstory and it's more logical than some random alien clan, tbf.

Episode 0 is canon. Shiki is canon.

Strongworld is NOT canon and is never once referenced in the manga or anime for that matter after the events took place.

It's like saying Film Z has canon hold (which it doesn't, cough) when Kizaru had some difficulty battling Zephyr, meanwhile a Gear 2nd Luffy defeated Z after a short brawl fight. Literally implying Doflamingo >> G2 Luffy =/> Z =/< Kizaru --> PLAIN WRONG. I hype Doflamingo up, but he's NOT = or >> Kizaru.

None of the movies are referenced in the manga or anime post-movie. No one mentions Luffy fighting Shiki, Zephyr, or Bullet. It's pure filler, just like the rest of the movies. At least in the case of Bleach, there's hints and direct references to movies from the panels, but for One Piece? Literally nothing about the movies are brought up.

• Shiki, Zephyr (and I guess Bullet though he's never mentioned) exist in the story, but like... Are we really going to take movie events and apply them to the story when they don't make any sense?

Just because it is referenced doesn't mean the feats are cannon. If we gave luffy those feats Ichigo would need his gates of hell feats.

The Last is pretty much the introduction to the Boruto series. Roger pirates aren't even relevant they are just eye candy. The "random alien clan" is the main focus of the Naruto series now.

The reading comprehension tab was unnecessary and it's sad that it came from Staff and no we are not trolling. I'm not even going to stoop to your level and insult you back.

Yes we are aware that the movie isn't cannon. We were just refuting your obvious personal reasons of why you think it should be considered cannon and the movie having a worthy story.

Literally none of the Rodger pirates need to be even mentioned, again they are just eye candy. They don't help find the One Piece, they don't help the straw hats or any pirates tbh. Buggy and Shanks is all we need for the series.

@ShisuiXItachi; I have to echo Calaca's sentiment for the reading comprehension. This all looks like it has been a big argument about nothing.

If asking you to have reading comprehension is an insult to you, then I have nothing else to say on the subject.

"We"? Who else? My reasons as to why is canon?

Which is canon to the story, has background from even before his movie and has been referenced again. Yet the movie isn't considered canon and Luffy isn't scaling to him either.

I guess I talked too soon about the reading comprehension.

Let me ask you something, if you really believe I consider such movies canon, don't you think I'd have argued their canonicity in another thread before? I literally upgraded Zephyr to High 6-C because of one of his feats in the movie yet Luffy's not High 6-C. How is that possible if according to you I think the movies are canon?

In fact, even if they are canon, Luffy beating Shiki and Zephyr is an obvious outlier. Especially with the former. Current Luffy beating Bullet if he's above Rayleigh as it was hinted it's much more credible. But guess what, he doesn't because the movie isn't canon. It doesn't even fit in the timeline, which is different from the character fitting in the story.

>Shiki was one of Roger's rivals 24 years ago

>He escaped from Impel Down (which was referenced in the manga, mind you)

>He was part of the Rocks pirates

Episode 0 in its entirety is the confirmation that Shiki is canon. His movie? Not really.

Same with Zephyr.

Same with Tesoro.

Same with Bullet.

Him escaping impel down has 0 to do with the series. It just there and isn't needed whatsoever it's just there.

@Damage I could literally careless of what you think I'm talking to Calcaa

Bullet definitely can be canon, just like how Shiki is canon but the movie's events are non-canon.

We simply can wait for an Oda SBS to confirm/deny the existence of Bullet.

ShisuiXItachi said:
Dude that scaling would literally put Luffy over admirals and even with yonko and want isn't even over. That would be straight outliers.

The only naruto movie that is Cannon now is the last since the manga already did the Momoshiki fight. Toneri isn't even stronger than SoSP madara so what in the hell are you talking about.
I'm talking about Naruto (the verse) in general. Calaca is right... you need to work on your reading comprehension.

Obviously the events of Stampede aren't canon, what are you guys even arguing? Bullet could be canon and even his power and abilities, but the events aren't. If anything, it just showcases what we might expect from the future of One Piece. If Oda confirms Bullet is canon, then those above him (e.g. Roger, the Yonko, etc. not Luffy or the Supernovas) can scale. Those with outlier feats from a movie don't. But as Bullet only had one appearance, it makes sense to use the feats he has as well as the lore of his character.

While I'm not 100% emotionally invested in Oden's flashback yet, the chapter was nice. Glad Oda finally confirmed the relationship between Kiku and 'that person', and Franky's kiss really did a number on that Factory Manager lol.

A quick question: which tier would the feat of of the Fighting Fishes easily damaging a reinforced iron bridge be in? The reason I'm asking is because I was curious if Robin's feat of one-shotting one of them would even be 8-C.

Just by sheer size and potential KE from simply swimming at such speeds, the Fighting Fish are at bare minimum 9-A. Kind of ironic because 1) It's a really low tier in the verse, and 2) 9-A would allow them to put holes in the Sunny by touching it, but they couldn't even do that.

I'm really worried Oda is going to completely skip over the Marines vs Shichibukai.

We HAVE to see this engagement play out:

• Imagine Hancock fighting Koby and we see what both of them are made of (Koby would have to lose otherwise I'll lose respect for Hancock, but he deserves some spotlight), then have Fujitora be the one to battle Hancock in the end. We know he is in the calm belt, so he might be the top dog sent to fight her.
  • For Weevil, we don't need anything spectacular. We can skip over him, or at most be teased on his ability while he wrecks a Vice Admiral or two.
  • For Buggy, skip. We know he's going to either run or be captured.
  • Mihawk, i fear will be the most anticipated and thus be off-panel. I'd expect Kizaru or Ryokugyo (hell, maybe even both) to be sent to capture him. I would not want to miss that.
TFW there were only technically 4 Shichibukai left by this time... Kuma doesn't count since he's nothing but a husk at this point.

• Still waiting for Doflamingo to either A) be assassinated or B) escape Impel Down.

We'll probably hear from this through a newspaper or something when Wano end. But I'm pretty sure that to capture the Shichibukais the marine will use the SSG (New Pacifistas form, maybe). About Weevil I think it might be important if Blackbeard tried to recruit him or other former Shichibukai (Buggy would be interesting too, considering the army that he has)

I expect the Admirals to be sent as a support or supervision for the SSG, but I have no clue what they could be unless they are just new and improved Pacifista that are significantly stronger than the previous generation that even Boa Hancock could one-shot.

CinCameron20 said:
I expect the Admirals to be sent as a support or supervision for the SSG, but I have no clue what they could be unless they are just new and improved Pacifista that are significantly stronger than the previous generation that even Boa Hancock could one-shot.
I thought Boa was a low 6b who we rate at high 7c for lack of feats ?

The Calaca said:
Not exactly Low 6-B, but yes, she's obviously far superior to Post-Timeskip Usopp.
Change Zoro and Nami for Law and Kid and yes, I see them.
Enma and Zeus seem like much better bets against Kaido than Kidd and Law

Is destroying half of the brain of a 6b character a 6b feat ?

Also should we have separate anime and manga profiles since some characters like the admirals are much weaker in the anime (where they were portrayed as much weaker than whitebeard individually) than the manga (where they were portrayed as roughly equal to whitebeard individually) ?

Should Xebec be At least 6B ?

No, Sakazuki has a stated advantage which is his heat having an easiest time phasing through bodies.

No, the only reason why I think you believe this it's because Sakazuki didn't destroy Newgate's head, but that was censorship. In fact, Sakazuki took more than two hits in this fight, so did Newgate. To finish this up, the anime it's a secondary canon but it's still bounded to what the manga says.

No reason to put him at 6-B. He doesn't even have a profile. We talked about this already.

Sakazuki have feats to put him at likely 6-B but admirals is clear inferior the emperors. But I wonder if current Akainu could become far stronger than his past-self.

Again, Sakazuki melting WB's body is attributed to intense heat vaporizing flesh and bone upon contact (Which Magma would do anyways), and their AP/Dura gap is only ~3x--not anywhere near significant enough for an argument to be made that WB could tank the heat. so it's Dura negation. Been over this a dozen times.

We do not even count the anime for feats here--at all. We use the manga for feats, statements, and scaling.

Xebec is featless and we've only seen a silhouette. No profile for someone like that (Yet people made one for Dragon and Gold Roger--both of the most featless characters in the verse)

What do think about what the One Piece editors said recently, that when the Wano arc ends, the ending of One Piece is in sight, my guess is a lot of things will be dealt with in Wano, and then we may have 2 arcs left, Elbaf, Raftel, Blackbeard, the Admirals, the One Piece, and then a final war

Can Oda actually deal with all these plot points in a concise satisfying manner that gives us a good conclusion, he's earned my trust, I just can't wait to see him do it, it's said that the Wano arc will be a fight against Kaido and Big Mom, so it's actually a fight agaisnt 2 Yonko, so they'll likely deal with them here in some fashion

I say we have about 7-8 years left

We still have to finish Wano.

I doubt Luffy defeats both Kaido and Big Mom. Hopefully someone helps with them if Big Mom appears to help Kaido/

However if Luffy actually defeats Kaido then he would be Yonko level. My thoughts are on how though? Kaido literally One-Shotted him. I think he will need more time.

Then we still have Big Mom and Teach. If he can defeat Kaido then he should be able to best Big Mom, but Teach is a beast as of right now.

Then we still have the Three Admirals which imo shouldn't even be a threat if he manages to beat Kaido at the end of Wano.

But theres still Imu who we don't even know about. And the SSG in which the admirals stated to be able to clash with Yonkos.

All of this within he span of 5 years? Naw. Now that I think about it we probably will need about 10.

Does anyone think all the supernovas should scale to low 6-b from Urouge ? Or atleast the more prominent ones like Zoro, Kidd, Law and Hawkins ?

Back