• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Eighteen Punk Hazard

Probably is smell, but gonna wait for official release to clairfu if he felt the presence of booze or if he could smell them

What if Luffy doesnt fight Kaido directly... But his son?

Another part of me wants his son to join the sh.

Apparently Page One is fine after his fight with Sanji. And that's great because I really like his design.

Kaido's son reveal was sure a big new. I really want to see him now.

Sanji and P1's fight took place weeks ago, would be weird if he was still damaged seeing how quickly Killer recovery himself after being defeated by Zoro.

Who remembers when people online debated that if Kaido's commanders were King to Jack--which they ended up being obviously, they would automatically be weaker than Ace just because of the name? Cringe

Sanji vs Page One rematch incoming? We technically don't even know how the fight concluded.

Also, sorry Sanji fans, but the real Monster Trio has been confirmed as Luffy, Jinbe and Zoro ;).

Robin looks great in her kimono.It was nice to see Robin literally kicking ass with the other fighters of the crew. It's been years since she used Stomp. Going by Denjiro's reaction, the guards the Straw Hats fodderized seemed like they were supposed to be tough even for him and the Scabbards. Interesting.

Raizo's reactions every time Denjiro blindly believed everything was all apart of Kin'emon's plan had me rolling.

So Kaido actually does have a son!? Knowing Oda, watch him turn out to be some kind of wimp. Too bad he didn't turn out to be the father of Kata, Oven, and Daifuku, I really liked that theory. Can't wait for his and the remaining Flying Six's reveal.

@Eminiteable after the fight PO could have been handled to Law to incap him or get captured to reduce the opposite forces.

His recovery is no strange as he's a Zoan user.

@Cin The Monster Trio is probably Zoro, Jinbe and Sanji now >_> Luffy should be way above them at this point.

I remember that too

The Calaca said:
@Eminiteable after the fight PO could have been handled to Law to incap him or get captured to reduce the opposite forces.

His recovery is no strange as he's a Zoan user.
Huh?

If the point Sanji made was to reduce Kaido's army by handling a ranked soldier, the logical option is to kill him or incap him.

Neither the SHs (minus Zoro maybe) nor Law would kill PO, so the most likely outcome is Law using Amputate and slicing PO ala Vergo. This way they would gain an advantage over the enemies.

I think you're responding to the wrong person which was why I said "Huh", I think it was Ryuga who you meant to respond to.

I think the new chapter solidified that Luffy, Zoro and Jinbei are now the monster trio. That's why they were shown together defeating the ginguardians while Sanji was shown down with Franky.

Probably, I don't see the monster Trio ever changing in definition. It's always been the top three strongest fighters in the strawhats crew so I don't ever see Luffy leaving it.

I think monster Trio is different from commanders on Yonko crews and is more similar to what Shanks and Roger's crews are like.

Although after Wano I think it will go back to Luffy Zoro and Sanji as I can't see Jinbe taking that spot forever.

What's this talk about Luffy, Zoro, and Jinbei making up the new Monster Trio? If anything, it's now the Monster Quartet. Or like Calaca said, the M3 is now Zoro, Sanji, and Jinbe. And Luffy's above them.

Implying Sanji is even comparable to Zoro and Jinbe at this point ;)

But real talk, Jinbe being here now is such a massive boost in the party's power. It's basically a guarantee that all sea engagements in this siege will be in favor of them whenever Jinbe is present. Even on land, Jinbe can tussle with some tough individuals. I wouldn't doubt him taking out one of the commanders, Flying Six, or any other person below King and Kaido.

CinCameron20 said:
Monster Trio will actually be Luffy/Doffy/Kata when the latter two inevitably join the crew
A man can dream. I would love to see Kata join the crew, though.

RoronoaxRobin said:
What's this talk about Luffy, Zoro, and Jinbei making up the new Monster Trio? If anything, it's now the Monster Quartet. Or like Calaca said, the M3 is now Zoro, Sanji, and Jinbe. And Luffy's above them.
when the strawhats fight the defenders the first page shows Luffy Jinbe and Zoro.

when the strawhats fight the defenders the first page shows Luffy Jinbe and Zoro.

They also showed Brook and Robin before they showed Sanji. So I guess this means those two are stronger than even Base Sanji now?

Wait...maybe I should go along with this. Because if the power structure of the Straw Hats has changed based off those panel arrangements, then that means an upgrade for Robin's AP! Okay, just for that I'm now all for Sanji being dropped from the Monster Trio.

CinCameron20 said:
Implying Sanji is even comparable to Zoro and Jinbe at this point ;)

But real talk, Jinbe being here now is such a massive boost in the party's power. It's basically a guarantee that all sea engagements in this siege will be in favor of them whenever Jinbe is present. Even on land, Jinbe can tussle with some tough individuals. I wouldn't doubt him taking out one of the commanders, Flying Six, or any other person below King and Kaido.
I agree. Law's and Kid's reaction to Jinbe announcing he was the newest member of the Straw Hats last chapter said it all really. And while the translation might be different in the official version, Robin said Jinbe being with them for this fight gave her faith/courage.

Hmm I was under the impression on Zou when Zoro said "he'd have the samurai following his lead" after this chapter I believed was a throw away line since hyogoro said he will lead them, however, after seeing this I think there is still the possibility that Hyougoro will fall and can no longer lead, thus the Zou statement coming true:
IMG 20200412 043425
IMG 20200412 043426

I thought so too when I first saw it until I realised Hyogoro's epithet is "Hyogoro the Flower", that line about once being called "the mighty blade" in the past seems out of nowhere. To my knowledge the only other character called that was Zoro in the panel I've shown.

Only time will tell though.

MetalGearRaiden said:
do we even want samurai to follow Zoro? they can end up in East Blue,with him being their lead
? I'm just assuming when those words will come to fruition as I'm assuming oda didn't put them in as a throw away line, by lead I assume he meant in the war not for him to become shogun or their leader etc.

Eminiteable said:
MetalGearRaiden said:
do we even want samurai to follow Zoro? they can end up in East Blue,with him being their lead
? I'm just assuming when those words will come to fruition as I'm assuming oda didn't put them in as a throw away line, by lead I assume he meant in the war not for him to become shogun or their leader etc.
i was referring to Zoro getting lost constantly, so the entire army would end up in the East Blue,instead of Onigashima XD

Eminiteable said:
MetalGearRaiden said:
I rather Hyori killed Orochi if I had to choose. Her name seems like a hint to Susanoo and it is time Wano appreciated its women instead of putting their fath in a child.

I actually agree with this Dr.Fix, Momo has made it clear he isn't his father (and honestly i get the feeling he doesn't want to be shogun), Hiyroi said herself she wants to kill Orochi by her own hands so I believe it will be her (she has had to suffer under his rule for 20 years where as Momo pretty much got the jumpcut to 20 years).

Plus... how can Momo even lift ame no habikiri and use it effectively (I know this applies to zoro as well but it's less notable than another adult using a sword and a child using a massive adult sized sword).

Maybe Mihawk has that good eyesight through training, he tried to train Zoro in the same way and he ended up losing his eye so they settled on smell?

Back