• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: ANOTHER Dressrosa Size Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been slightly following this thread on my free time, what method is to be used if Method 4 isn't valid?
I don't know yet. My plan was to address the methods I thought were unusable first so we could hopefully get into a position where we have a list of calcs that both sides agree (or mostly agree) are valid, and then we would have a clearer path in deciding which methods produce the greatest consistency and which of the valid methods has the best approach.

I share Dalesean's sentiments. I figured the 50 km version was gonna be a "this is the best we got with the scenes available to us" sorta deal, but if something like this is available, I'd much prefer it. It's the same methodology, but before any of the speed-up and slow-down stuff, so I'm a fan of this

Edit: Plus, it supports the speed value found in Method 4, showing that the Birdcage was in fact slowed down

@KingTempest Thank you for finding a new method. Does this mean that you agree that there was an issue with the original Method 4 and you're withdrawing that one?

Soooo like did ya look yet????
I did and while I agree it is inherently better than Method 4, I don't agree with it being used. I'm preparing my response to it carefully because the last time I evaluated Method 4 I felt like nobody really understood where I was coming from until just recently it seems.

And I'm not just going to say "I disagree" to it without providing a proper explanation as to why so I'd be grateful for a bit more patience if that is okay as I work on my post.

I don't agree with it being used
giphy.gif

That it could mean any semblance of a big number

Amusing.

But being real for a moment; having an issue with one version of the calc and having a different issue with a different version of the calc is not an unusual scenario. Not to mention calcs can be mathematically correct but that doesn't necessarily mean that they should be agreed to be used if there are reasonable contentions.

I don't gain anything from this being drawn out by the way in case anyone feels like accusing me of stonewalling. I am sinking my own time and energy into this topic when there are many other things I would rather being doing right now. The only reason I am bothering is because I am invested in things being done as properly as they can be.

I've slept on the issue and given it some more thought and I've decided my current contentions aren't enough to make this worth it so I'll change my position to neutral. Even if I did contest the current calc successfully, I'll have 3 or 4 other calcs to address and it's not worth it at this point.

This has been a very troubling thread for me because of the antagonism I'm facing from some of the opposition. It's not on the level of name-calling or outright trolling but it doesn't have to be for it be an unwelcoming environment. Even minor things like DaReaperMan insinuating that my only opposition is due to the result being a "big number" or Kachon123 accusing me of stonewalling and trying to rush the thread to completion while I was asleep despite me informing the thread that I was working on a response is extremely off-putting. SnookB continually not understanding what my arguments were to the point that I felt like he was strawmanning my arguments makes the discussion exhaustive and when I requested that Calc Group Members actually explain their position on a topic that I am fairly certain I was in the right for, I had KingTempest saying he'd be "well within his rights to close the thread", basically saying that he'd just shut the discussion down if he felt like it which funnily enough would have stopped this brand new version of Method 4 from being created as it only came about because I pointed out the flaws in the original version of Method 4.

I mean, come on guys, I am trying to help the verse and this is my way of helping the verse. You think I'd waste hours of my life on this if I didn't care about One Piece or the accuracy of our profiles? The attitude I get back from people here though if like they're treating me like the Devil who only shows up to spoil everyone's fun time while they're upgrading One Piece. If I don't show up to point out the sometimes frankly obvious flaws in some methods, then who will?

Frankly, if everybody thinks there are absolutely no flaws with treating Dressrosa as though it was an 84.2 kilometer diameter, then go on and have fun with that but a lot of you need to reflect on your behaviour on this thread. This is one of the very few One Piece threads where I've had to give someone an official warning and it sucks because I'd much rather everyone debate this civilly regardless of what the outcome is.

I had KingTempest saying he'd be "well within his rights to close the thread", basically saying that he'd just shut the discussion down if he felt like it which funnily enough would have stopped this brand new version of Method 4 from being created as it only came about because I pointed out the flaws in the original version of Method 4
Damage man I haven't been in this thread super long but come on man disregarding any of the rest of what you said this part in particular is extremely disingenuous. "The flaws in the original version of Method 4."

You mean this right here!?
Now, the issue is that the Birdcage's speed is not one consistent variable. There are two events which impact it after Doflamingo starts moving it.

1) Doflamingo starts moving the Birdcage even faster.

2) The characters work to slow the Birdcage down after Doflamingo sped it up.
Heck link to the full post here
https://vsbattles.com/threads/one-piece-another-dressrosa-size-revision.159211/post-6145024

Like this specifically was your main and only contentions on method 4 you literally created a DM thread to me linking this specifically as the only problems you had. This new method not only literally addressed the problems you had in full with Method 4 but it proved in fact that method does in fact work as a lowball and that it works in regards to the narrative as well. You instead of even dropping an actual counter argument for this one, likely because it literally to anyone else has addressed all your previous flaws have instead opted to to blame victim and throw blame around at everyone else because you can't accept it and "feel" that 82km is too high. Not saying some unnecessary comments weren't thrown out to you but you also aren't doing yourself any favors having had like 5 or 6 methods made to please you each to attempt problems you had with the last. This latest calc literally addressed your only points of contentions you had with method 4 and this is what you have to say

Frankly, if everybody thinks there are absolutely no flaws with treating Dressrosa as though it was an 84.2 kilometer diameter, then go on and have fun with that but a lot of you need to reflect on your behaviour on this thread.
with you still insistenting that Method 4 is flawed which sure on its own would be but is proven to be correct by this new method which proves the birdcage was decently slowed so given that if you're up in your britches over 84.2km (which is you as far as we know IS you being upset over a big number because you haven't properly even addressed this new one) you would still have method 4 to in fact fall back on as a respectable lowball but you're so up in your pride that you're not even letting yourself have that as an option and are dying on the hill that it was flawed and that people only created this new one out of what? spite!? For the sake of a bigger number what?

So no in fact not just those you have pointed out but you yourself need to heavily reflect on your behavior here and as an Administrator be mature enough to not drop a big ass essay of you whining about little jabs and how everyone is against you. If you feel rules are broken and things are too hostile you can literally gives warnings and go to RVR, this big text blob tho it ain't the way man.

That's it for what I've gotta say.

Last edited:
@Dalesean027; respectfully I believe your assessment of the situation is incorrect but getting into it further here would be derailing the thread so let's drop it here.

If you think I'm incorrect in anything I've said then you can message me about it directly and I'll continue the conversation there if need be.

@Dalesean027; respectfully I believe your assessment of the situation is incorrect but getting into it further here would be derailing the thread so let's drop it here.

If you think I'm incorrect in anything I've said then you can message me about it directly and I'll continue the conversation there if need be.
That's fine and I don't think that's necessary, I don't participate in one piece too often but I was asked to participate here and from what I've encountered those were just my personal throughts

I mean, come on guys, I am trying to help the verse and this is my way of helping the verse. You think I'd waste hours of my life on this if I didn't care about One Piece or the accuracy of our profiles? The attitude I get back from people here though if like they're treating me like the Devil who only shows up to spoil everyone's fun time while they're upgrading One Piece. If I don't show up to point out the sometimes frankly obvious flaws in some methods, then who will?
Please no gaslighting, thank you.

I've slept on the issue and given it some more thought and I've decided my current contentions aren't enough to make this worth it so I'll change my position to neutral. Even if I did contest the current calc successfully, I'll have 3 or 4 other calcs to address and it's not worth it at this point.

This has been a very troubling thread for me because of the antagonism I'm facing from some of the opposition. It's not on the level of name-calling or outright trolling but it doesn't have to be for it be an unwelcoming environment. Even minor things like DaReaperMan insinuating that my only opposition is due to the result being a "big number" or Kachon123 accusing me of stonewalling and trying to rush the thread to completion while I was asleep despite me informing the thread that I was working on a response is extremely off-putting. SnookB continually not understanding what my arguments were to the point that I felt like he was strawmanning my arguments makes the discussion exhaustive and when I requested that Calc Group Members actually explain their position on a topic that I am fairly certain I was in the right for, I had KingTempest saying he'd be "well within his rights to close the thread", basically saying that he'd just shut the discussion down if he felt like it which funnily enough would have stopped this brand new version of Method 4 from being created as it only came about because I pointed out the flaws in the original version of Method 4.

Frankly, if everybody thinks there are absolutely no flaws with treating Dressrosa as though it was an 84.2 kilometer diameter, then go on and have fun with that but a lot of you need to reflect on your behaviour on this thread. This is one of the very few One Piece threads where I've had to give someone an official warning and it sucks because I'd much rather everyone debate this civilly regardless of what the outcome is.
Damage it was you and Ant who veto'ed my thread in 3 days because you guys didn't like 2 character scaling to something.

You have rushed every declined upgrade thread and halted every accepted upgrade thread since I joined this website.

Several times when there are staff who pop up in the 11th hour and say "I disagree", you just kudos their comments, say thank you, and then try to close it without any clarification on why they disagree.
Worse case scenario you just utilize your staff privileges to just open and close a thread when you feel like it.

You did that here when you reopened a thread just to twist votes into a possibly rating.
You did that here when there was no traction for days for something that could possibly get accepted, but here you took a week just to comment on 1 calc and you brought up how "if the only opposing party does not reply for over 2 weeks without any notice or known/suspected extenuating circumstances"

But now we have 3-4 CGMs who disagree and you're upset because "they don't understand me".
There's a person in the rvr right now who's getting reported because he disregarded votes solely because "they don't understand the premise of what I'm saying".
And you heckling people to force explanations just because they disagree with you, frankly, is just sad. Disappointing and sad.
You're not arguing in good faith if you're arguing like this and it's unbecoming of a member of staff. I expect this kind of language from brand new users to the site and it's not encouraging for a healthy debate.

And in my own personal opinion (which isn't mine alone), you ending your message with
Frankly, if everybody thinks there are absolutely no flaws with treating Dressrosa as though it was an 84.2 kilometer diameter.
Instead of "no flaws with using a flawed calc", "no flaws with shutting up arguments", "no flaws in your behavior", "no flaws in the conduct of this thread", etc.
Then that just proves to me you didn't like this because of the value alone. Nothing more, nothing less.

I owe you no thanks whatsoever for doing your job and "fixing" said calc. You questioned why I didn't use a method for the calc, I did the method for the calc, and you had an issue, with this message proving it was solely because of the size. So no, I'm not giving you thanks for that.

I don't care if you're "trying to help the verse". At all. Everybody tries to "help the verse". It's clear your way is solely your way. You don't need to make everybody smile at your ideology. You need to accept the flack that comes with it like everybody else.

Every time a thread goes by that you heavily don't agree with, you just stand there and bitch about how a value is higher than what you want it to be, and I'm ******* sick of it. You a grown ass man. Stop ******* complaining every time things don't go your way.

That's how everybody in here feels whenever you apply a bullshit revision and we just have to sit there and mope and cope cause you were right once in a while, yet you can't deal with it when it happens to you.

I'm sick of your shit. Grow up, take the L, and either plan for the future or shut the hell up.

Last edited:
@KingTempest; if it felt good to write that then I'm happy for you but as I pointed out to Dalesean027, continuing with this would just be derailing your own thread so I'm going to leave it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back