• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think you can hide an entire island from recorded history either, but the world government managed to do that.
I dont think you can hide the worlds most prosperous kingdom from history, but the wg managed to do that.
That's the WG, WB doesn't have that kind of political influence. Don't equate an entire world wide governing body in terms of information manipulation to a single man

Proof of such?
1089's narrator:
"The earthquake on this day had no parallel in recorded history. It caused destruction on a vast, worldwide scale. The epicenter was impossible to pinpoint, making it a most anomalic seismic event."
Having no parallel in the context of the narration on the chapter is specified to be for its destruction, and the fact that it had no epicenter which made it an anomaly.
With Blackbeard/WB they could at least pinpoint the epicenter, which in marineford they outwardly state the epicenter of the sabaody tsunami is from marineford's quakes.

MF's earthquakes are an anomalic seimsic event with no known epicenter, with the most destructive quakes recorded in history.
Nothing says "No earthquake has ever traveled this far" or the like, just that MF's quakes are unparalleled for having no point of origin and being extremely destructive to the point of sea level rise on a global scale.

You could in theory have a quake equally as powerful as MF's, but having an epicenter alone makes it 'normal', and MF remains unparalleled for being a seismic event that makes no logical sense due to the lack of epicenter.

That's the WG, WB doesn't have that kind of political influence. Don't equate an entire world wide governing body in terms of information manipulation to a single man
you said there's no way that the wg could remove mentions of worldwide quakes from history, but i've quoted similar impossible cases. wouldnt it make sense for there to be worse earthquakes when the actual ancient weapon mf is based on was active and had an abundance of its power source?

you said there's no way that the wg could remove mentions of worldwide quakes from history, but i've quoted similar impossible cases. wouldnt it make sense for there to be worse earthquakes when the actual ancient weapon mf is based on was active and had an abundance of its power source?
Not what I said. And no your positing unknown possibilities that don't mean anything

Tmk that's not specified whatsoever, it just mentions in general
If you want to say in general, then it can be AP.

I calced the yield of the mother flame. It’s billions of times stronger than the worldwide quake possibilities of the one piece world

Something to point out about Tsuru's statement, it appears to contextualized by the conflict in its entirety. She makes that statement after observing the conflict in general, not in response to anything WB or Gura Gura related. Which to me indicates a strong possibility that she could be claiming that there is no running from this conflict between the WB pirates and the Navy. Which would be consistent with the fact that the WB pirates would go to any length to save Ace.

If you want to say in general, then it can be AP.

I calced the yield of the mother flame. It’s billions of times stronger than the worldwide quake possibilities of the one piece world
If I want to say in general it can be all encompassing. Its range and AP are thousands of times if not vastly higher than anything WB has portrayed.

If I want to say in general it can be all encompassing. Its range and AP are thousands of times if not vastly higher than anything WB has portrayed.
Suppressed WB*, and no it’s not thousands of times higher than anything WB or Kaido has portrayed

You're leaving out the DESTRUCTION on a vast worldwide scale part.
It doesn't say "It traveled on a vast worldwide scale" it says "it CAUSED DESTRUCTION" on a scale unforeseen
That's quite literally one of the worst arguments I have seen on this site. The quote you posted did your point zero favors. Just let it go. Had it not mentioned scale at all you might have had something there.

That's quite literally one of the worst arguments I have seen on this site. The quote you posted did your point zero favors. Just let it go. Had it not mentioned scale at all you might have had something there.
How? The quote specifies the quakes were unparalelled in terms of destruction and lack of epicenter. What am I missing outside of the context given?

It caused destruction on a vast,worldwide scale. It was not just it's destruction that was noted. It was both the destruction and the scale which was the whole world.

Then there was the other notable thing about it which was the weird properties of the seismic event but that's not the matter at hand.

It caused destruction on a vast,worldwide scale. It was not just it's destruction that was noted. It was both the destruction and the scale which was the whole world.

Then there was the other notable thing about it which was the weird properties of the seismic event but that's not the matter at hand.
Yeah, that's a point to the damage it caused. That doesn't mean no other quake can't travel at that scale, just that no other quake could cause that level of damage. That just means Gura Gura hasn't caused destruction on the scale that MF has, not that it can't reach its distance.
There's eathquakes that can shake things without destroying. It just depends on the magnitude. If a mag 3 Quake travels worldwide it still traveled that range, just didn't cause that damage.

Mother Flame got large planet for shaking a small portion of the world

Shaking the whole OP planet even at mag 8 isn't as strong as that

Mother Flame got large planet for shaking a small portion of the world

Shaking the whole OP planet even at mag 8 isn't as strong as that
Apologizing for this derailment in advance...

If/when WB likely/possibly shaking the OP planet is calced, there should be a value for how much shaking he has done in the past and then a bunch of low ends on magnitudes below that.

Y’all realize for Tsuru’s statement to be taken literally you have to argue WB would cause damage across the entire world aka Mag 5+ at the other side of the world. So yes you would instrinsically be arguing something about his AP. Since she says she wouldn’t be safe

Y’all realize for Tsuru’s statement to be taken literally you have to argue WB would cause damage across the entire world aka Mag 5+ at the other side of the world. So yes you would instrinsically be arguing something about his AP. Since she says she wouldn’t be safe
How do you know her Durability isn't actual hot garbage and WB just pounds her with Tier 10 quakes and murks her that way?

They create earthquakes goon, I never said his ability is earthquakes, but it’s irrefutable that’s what they create

Considering his alleged weaker shocks create earthquakes this would too, let’s not kid ourselves by nitpicking

Considering his alleged weaker shocks create earthquakes this would too, let’s not kid ourselves by nitpicking
Remember when Whitebeard hit Akainu multiple times with his fruit attacks and they just magically caused earthquakes?

Me neither.

If it wasn't entirely clear by how they happen, Whitebeard's shockwaves aren't earthquakes.
They can create earthquakes. They can also be targeted to NOT create earthquakes

Wait... Is this what is being argued? That Whitebeard isn't sending earthquakes to the other side of the world, but he's throwing shockwaves that can travel the circumference of the planet?

And that would be 13 million times weaker than the actual mother flame. Your point?

Also if y’all read the OP, you’ll see a lot of evidence used is stuff like “WB can SHAKE the world” so let’s not pretend like earthquakes are not the likely mechanism here.

And that would be 13 million times weaker than the actual mother flame. Your point?
My point was someone said sumn like this isn’t AP related and that he can just be shaking stuff without dealing damage, but that contradicts the interpretation y’all are using for Tsuru’s statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back