• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Marineford Size Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyOfLife

He/Him
VS Battles
Image Helper
Made an updated calculation on the size of Marineford

The current one uses more steps

uses character height which is considered less consistent than object sizes
bUhOwPW.png

And scales Whitebeard from a weird angle and assumes the bottom of the ship as the whole thing can't even be truly seen

New one scales Sunny Ship to Battleship (only weird angle but via lowball) and then battleship to marineford (weird angle but still lowball) where it nearly shows the whole thing and is far more detailed than any other Marineford panel

This thread is only to change the accepted size of marineford in the One Piece calculation's section

I've got some thoughts on this. Will have to give a detailed response tomorrow though.

Using more steps is not an inherent knock to a calc. What matters is which uses the most accurate and consistent steps to get to a result. A 10 step calc can be superior to a 1 step calc. I just wanted to bring that up before this became a “oh yeah less steps has to be better”.

I personally think that sticking with KT's calc makes a lot more sense here.

First off, in KT's version, the end result of Marineford's dimensions are based off of official size statements in Whitebeard's height of 666 cm. As Arc mentioned above, in some cases, multi-stepped calcs can be more accurate than a single-stepped calc.

In this case, it seems as though KT specifically chose panels where the sizes of the objects being pixel scaled are accurate, and although I'm not necessarily saying that your version uses a panel where the objects aren't accurate to their actual size, I'm just saying that using several scans works better for finding Marineford's size.

Secondly, like I mentioned above, KT's version uses official sizes. Yours does not, but instead uses a calced size of Battleships that may not even apply to the ones that were there during Marineford.

Because of these reasons, I think that the original calc should stay

First off, in KT's version, the end result of Marineford's dimensions are based off of official size statements in Whitebeard's of 666 cm. As Arc mentioned above, in some cases, multi-stepped calcs can be more accurate than a single-stepped calc.

In this case, it seems as though KT specifically chose panels where the sizes of the objects being pixel scaled are accurate, and although I'm not necessarily saying that your version uses a panel where the objects aren't accurate to their actual size, I'm just saying that using several scans works better for finding Marineford's size.

Secondly, like I mentioned above, KT's version uses official sizes. Yours does not, but instead uses a calced size of Battleships that may not even apply to the ones that were there during Marineford.

Because of these reasons, I think that the original calc should stay
Yeah consider me convinced to keep KT’s version via this reasoning

First off, in KT's version, the end result of Marineford's dimensions are based off of official size statements in Whitebeard's of 666 cm. As Arc mentioned above, in some cases, multi-stepped calcs can be more accurate than a single-stepped calc.
And the updated one is based off of the official statement of thousand sunny's height...
In this case, it seems as though KT specifically chose panels where the sizes of the objects being pixel scaled are accurate
Well no... As whitebeard is being compared to an object that's not even being fully shown and is from a weird angle
and although I'm not necessarily saying that your version uses a panel where the objects aren't accurate to their actual size, I'm just saying that using several scans works better for finding Marineford's size.
Why?
Secondly, like I mentioned above, KT's version uses official sizes. Yours does not, but instead uses a calced size
It literally does...

Kt one uses official height (whitebeard) to height of the deck to then width of the ship to then width to Marine Ford

I use official height (thousands sunny) to battleship to then marineford's width and length

Both uses same concepts but mines doesn't need to use extra steps
but instead uses a calced size of Battleships that may not even apply to the ones that were there during Marineford.
That's a whole assumption you're making... There is no proof the battleship has been changed

Last edited:
I completely disagree. Especially when the Battleship height used in your calc comes from this scan:

Where the Sunny is behind the Battleship.

Yeah Kachon is right, the Sunny is in the background so it’s smaller visually than it actually is in comparison to the marine warship. So unless you account for that, you can’t directly scale the two to each other.

I completely disagree. Especially when the Battleship height used in your calc comes from this scan:

Where the Sunny is behind the Battleship.

And what does that have to do with whitebeard being compared to an object that's not fully shown?

Yeah Kachon is right, the Sunny is in the background so it’s smaller visually than it actually is in comparison to the marine warship. So unless you account for that, you can’t directly scale the two to each other.
My guy... The meteor literally disproves that by switching directions to the left instead of on top of the sunny

I may have an alternative solution that could help this.

Little Oars Junior, who has an official height of 60 meters, has hands as large as the things that you are claiming to be 58 meters.

Litte Oars Junior, who again, is 60 meters tall, dwarfs the Encircling Walls. In the scan that you used in your blog, the supposed 58 meter ship is much smaller than the Encircling Walls.

60 meters = Little Oars >>>> Encircling Walls >>> Ship = 58 meters.

Not all Battleships are made equal in size.

Little Oars Junior, who has an official height of 60 meters, has hands as large as the things that you are claiming to be 58 meters.

Litte Oars Junior, who again, is 60 meters tall, dwarfs the Encircling Walls. In the scan that you used in your blog, the supposed 58 meter ship is much smaller than the Encircling Walls.

60 meters = Little Oars >>>> Encircling Walls >>> Ship = 58 meters.

Not all Battleships are made equal in size.
Little Oars jr has been the most inconsistent of all... They have even changed his official height, using him to say that everything else is inconsistent is just unfair af

Brother look with your eyes, we can see the fire behind the meteor and the old fire behind the new fire, it’s coming into the panel
It's just bigger fire... The fire on the right just gets smaller and smaller

It's just bigger fire... The fire on the right just gets smaller and smaller
Idk what to tell you except everyone else here seems to see what I'm seeing, Kachon definitely sees what I'm seeing, you're the only one who doesn't. Also, no that's not how ablated meteors work, the meteor isn't increasing in size, the only reason the fire is getting "bigger" is because it's getting closer to the screen.

Idk what to tell you except everyone else here seems to see what I'm seeing
Everyone here is only kachon...

And again why would the meteor get closer to the screen if all law did was move it to the left?

It's shown in the previous page that the meteorites were falling onto Sunny and its crew. Law proceeded to activate his Devil Fruit and used "tact" to push one of the meteors forwards into the larger battleship above them, giving the positing of the smaller boat, the meteorite and the larger boat, Sunny would absolutely be behind the meteor. That's why the trail of fire behind the meteor is massively smaller compared to the larger swath of flame on the meteor itself because the meteorite went forwards to the ship, then went left. It didn't just go left.

@Eminiteable pointed this out.

Look at the Marines compared to the Post-Timeskip Battleships and Marines compared to the Pre-Timeskip Battleships.

Post-Timeskip Battleships are much larger.

I guess it's shown to be bigger then pre timeskip ones... That's the only thing that actually makes sense against the new calc

Tho it is showing the front not the back of the ship

It's shown in the previous page that the meteorites were falling onto Sunny and its crew. Law proceeded to activate his Devil Fruit and used "tact" to push one of the meteors forwards into the larger battleship above them, giving the positing of the smaller boat, the meteorite and the larger boat, Sunny would absolutely be behind the meteor. That's why the trail of fire behind the meteor is massively smaller compared to the larger swath of flame on the meteor itself because the meteorite went forwards to the ship, then went left. It didn't just go left.
I wonder then... Would it be alright if we axe the pixelscaling calc for the Marine Battleship then? Along with any calcs that are based on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back