• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Marineford Size Updated, Updated

MonkeyOfLife

He/Him
VS Battles
Image Helper
Continuation from here

Made another updated calculation on the size of Marineford

Again the current one uses character height which is less consistent than object sizes

And scales the character from a weird angle looking up and has to assume the bottom of the ship
bUhOwPW.png

Updated one scales ships to ship and then ship to battleship to then battleship to Marineford, nearly shows the whole thing and is far more detailed than any other Marineford panel

The Polar Tang ship is comparable to Thousand Sunny in size making the battleship size consistently to be that big, therefore making Little Oars Jr the one who's inconsistent that also gets supported by the fact that Little Oars Jr was 38 meters in height but later on changed to a bigger number because of his height being inconsistent in the manga
117.png
125.png

Desktop-Screenshot-2023-06-05-12-34-31-59.png

This thread is only to change the accepted size of marineford in the One Piece calculation's section

Credits to @Eminiteable aswell for helping me with the scans

Also using this scan of the 2-3 story buildings to disprove the size of the battleship and to say that all the other buildings are the same size simply isn't true as the buildings at the front of marineford are 4-5 storys high, proving they aren't the same

Last edited:
I don't really care about your method of finding the Battleship height, as there are several ways to find it with each getting vastly different sizes.

My issue now is the panel you used to find the size of Marineford.

This isn't a good scan to find the size of Marineford because using the 42 meter battleship height you found in your blog, the height of the buildings in Marineford Town would be like 50 meters which we know isn't true:

My guy couldn't just wait
I don't really care about your method of finding the Battleship height, as there are several ways to find it with each getting vastly different sizes.

My issue now is the panel you used to find the size of Marineford.

This isn't a good scan to find the size of Marineford because using the 42 meter battleship height you found in your blog, the height of the buildings in Marineford Town would be like 50 meters which we know isn't true:

1. We don't know where that part of town is 2. We can do exact same thing with kt's calc on the width of Moby dick being 100m which would make the other buildings width be around 50-100m in width as well which you just showed aren't any where near that big in your panel you used

We don't know where that part of town is
In that scan we see the majority of the buildings, with none of which being shown to be vastly smaller than the other ones.
We can do exact same thing with kt's calc with the width of Moby dick being 100m which would make the other buildings width be around 60-100m in width as well which you just showed aren't any where near that big in your panel you used
KT using a bad method doesn't mean that you should too.

KT using a bad method doesn't mean that you should too.
I'm trying to find something that's better and more accurate

It's still a better method than KT's calc which is why I suggested this
In that scan we see the majority of the buildings, with none of which being shown to be vastly smaller than the other ones.
We see taller buildings at the back of that panel...

are there not any other shots of marineford to use?
No, if I remember correctly the one I'm currently using is the only marineford panel that's the biggest and most detailed from a top down point of view

@MonkeyOfLife Why are you trying this again so soon after the last thread?
As it's a continuation of the last thread that doesn't have the inaccuracy people brought up

Do you need to wait to post another thread? I did try to research if there were any cooldowns or something but couldn't find anything on that in the rules

Where the last thread concluded it has been around 24h

Last edited:
Back