• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Translation Requests Thread (New forum)

Hey do you think you can translate these 2 scans?
OOvvxRph.jpg

Can you give me the link to Chozenshu?

Is it a valid way to interpret the lack of concepts of space and time as how those worlds don't have normal time and space compared to the other dimensions?
Ngl I think it’s saying there’s a subspace which lacks the concept of space and time and is between dimensions and the RoSaT and Sugoroku space and they’ve been confirmed/identified
Can you give me the link to Chozenshu?
i don’t have it I just had pictures of certain scans mb

Can anyone translate this?

神秘学の語るところによれば、この世界の外側には次元論の頂点に在る“力”があるという。

あらゆる出来事の発端とされる座標。それが、すべての魔術師の悲願たる『根源の渦』……万物の始まりにして終焉しゅうえん、この世の全てを記録し、この世の全てを創造できるという神の座である。

If it's not too much trouble, can anyone translate these?
page22-1199px-Sonic_Chaos_Game_Gear_JP_Manual.pdf.jpg

And

page24-1199px-Sonic_Chaos_Game_Gear_JP_Manual.pdf.jpg

Thanks
The first
スリーピングエッグ・ゾーン
Sleeping Egg Zone
空に浮かぶ不思議な島。
A mysterious island that floats in the skies.
実はエッグマンが創りだした夢幻の世界なのだ!
But in reality, it's in fact a fantasy/dream world created by Eggman!
島のところどころにエッグマンの像があるのがいかにもアヤしい。
In the island there are Eggman statues in various places, it's really suspicious.
気をつけて、くれぐれも落ちないように・・・!
Be careful, be sure you don't fall...!

I think that the interesting keyword here is "夢幻の世界" (Mugen no sekai).
Fun fact, just by the sound, you could think of an "infinite world", but the kanji here refers to something fantastical, illusory, or a dream. So anything in this context might be a valid translation of it.

Now for the second one
アクアプラネット・ゾーン
Aqua Planet Zone
異次元世界の水惑星・・・
A water planet from a different-dimensional world...
奇妙な生きものがウヨウヨしている。
Strange creatures swarm.
水の中に入ったら息つぎを忘れずに。
When entering the water, don't forget to take a breath.

The interesting keyword might just be the first part "異次元世界の水惑星"
水惑星 is literally "Water Planet"
異次元世界 is literally Different Dimensional World.

The first
スリーピングエッグ・ゾーン
Sleeping Egg Zone
空に浮かぶ不思議な島。
実はエッグマンが創りだした夢幻の世界なのだ!
In the island there are Eggman statues in various places, it's really suspicious.
気をつけて、くれぐれも落ちないように・・・!

Fun fact, just by the sound, you could think of an "infinite world", but the kanji here refers to something fantastical, illusory, or a dream. So anything in this context might be a valid translation of it.

Now for the second one
アクアプラネット・ゾーン
Aqua Planet Zone
異次元世界の水惑星・・・
奇妙な生きものがウヨウヨしている。
Strange creatures swarm.
水の中に入ったら息つぎを忘れずに。

AYO THANKS

The first
スリーピングエッグ・ゾーン
Sleeping Egg Zone
空に浮かぶ不思議な島。
実はエッグマンが創りだした夢幻の世界なのだ!
気をつけて、くれぐれも落ちないように・・・!

Now for the second one
アクアプラネット・ゾーン
Aqua Planet Zone
異次元世界の水惑星・・・
奇妙な生きものがウヨウヨしている。
Strange creatures swarm.
水の中に入ったら息つぎを忘れずに。

Could you help me with this translation, I'm preparing to make a CRT to update Janemba

In my translation, evil thoughts are used to refer, I don't know if it's right, but I want to see the translation so I can make a CRT later

Ki in a literal sense can mean mood, spirit, feelings, thoughts, and a lot of things
But it has a well-defined meaning in Dragon Ball. I'm unsure why the Brazilian translation decided to translate that as thoughts instead of using Ki, as they normally just left Ki as is.
Really, Ki means these things, but thanks for the translation, I already have material to work with.

Ki in a literal sense can mean mood, spirit, feelings, thoughts, and a lot of things
But it has a well-defined meaning in Dragon Ball. I'm unsure why the Brazilian translation decided to translate that as thoughts instead of using Ki, as they normally just left Ki as is.
brazil being brazil as usual, we are trolls ar heart

Can I get a translation these pages from the Link to the Past manual.

There's already an online table translating this but it has two different translations that somewhat differ from each other so I'm not sure which one is more accurate. In particular I wanna know if the manual mentions anything of the goddesses creating the heaven and earth.
The two are basically the same thing. Translation can make some word choices and order the text differently, but the overall meaning is basically the same between the two translations.

For example, the "created the state of heaven and earth" and "talk of creation" is "天地創造の様子"

天地 (Tenchi) is Heavens and Earth
創造 (Sōzō) is create, creation
様子 (Yōsu) is state (of things, situation, etc), circumstances, etc

So the first table is like a very literal description of each kanji, while the second gives a straightforward summary of what happened. Because of course "state of the creation of heavens and earth" is just another way of saying "creation of the world" or just "creation". There are a lot of very cosmogony/cosmology words in Japanese that you can either translate very literally each kanji and you can get some very long and high-level meaning, or just give a simple translation that can encompass everything.

So, both translations are basically right, if you want a more "literal" (Not really the best word IMO, but I can't think of something else), Johan's Translation seems to be what you want.

その波紋を通り抜け、ジャネンバの腕は悟空に攻撃を加えていく!
Passing through ripples, Janemba's arm attacks Goku!
"波紋" literally means ripples

しかも、 悟空のいる場所めがけて、寸分の狂いもなく見舞われて来るのだ。
Furthermore, he aims at Goku's location without a second thought.

悪の気が充満した、この世界すべてが、すでにジャネンバの一部なのか!?
Filled with Evil Ki, is that entire world already a part of Janemba?

Again, the term used here is "悪の気" (Aku no Ki)

In regards to being a part of Janemba, it's "一部な" that is literally "a part" or just "one part"

In regards to being a part of Janemba, it's "一部な" that is literally "a part" or just "one part"
Thanks

Sorry can you translate this? Thank you!

しかも あっちにはテスラが生むもう一つの高次元の力「強力な磁場」まである
Furthermore, over there is another Higher-dimensional force created by Tesla, "Strong Magnetic Field"

Knowing the context in the story's setting could help to be more specific about it

しかも あっちにはテスラが生むもう一つの高次元の力「強力な磁場」まである
Furthermore, over there is another Higher-dimensional force created by Tesla, "Strong Magnetic Field"

Knowing the context in the story's setting could help to be more specific about it
What kanji means higher dimensional?

What kanji means higher dimensional?
高次元の力(Kō Jigen no chikara)
It's literally Higher-dimensional power/force

Sometimes in fiction, it's used metaphorically to merely represent "a great power, power out of this world". But since it's talking about universal fields I think it's meant to be literal.

Sometimes in fiction, it's used metaphorically to merely represent "a great power, power out of this world". But since it's talking about universal fields I think it's meant to be literal.
Thank you! Yes gravity in series is higher d and Tesla’s ability falls somewhere in there (and could actually reach beyond 4D potentially)

Last edited:

if you can take a look at this I’d appreciate it!

Can someone translate this? (Chinese)

在我強大的力量下
化為座埃吧一一段
天減地!
To my knowledge 座埃 isn't a thing and baiduing it brings nothing up. Are you sure it isn't 尘埃?
Anyways, assuming that it was 尘埃 then it would be something like:
"Under my immense power, turn to dust, sky reduce earth!"
For the first line it could also be strong power or anything thats similar, but I think immense power sounds better.
Not sure what 一一段 meant I am assuming its some sort of sound effect.
I am assuming that 天減地! is a name of a move so I translated it literally.

Sorry man, but...
If a member is asking for a translation, it shouldn't be more than a relevant paragraph or two, as no one has the time to translate entire chapters or books. If someone submits large text segments, that take up a lot of the thread, the post will be deleted.
Only bump previous requests once every 7 days.
A single person should not spam many requests at once.

Back