• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The main wincon for obito here i see is just BFR. Unless Ji Ning can see into the future or dimension teleport than that would work. I could see ning stabbing obito, and then obito bfr him. Die and then come back.

Not to mention you do have some control over where you spawn with izinagi. Shown in the danzo fight danzo didn't spawn exactly where he died in fact a lot of times he spawned closer.
Don’t forget the tailed beast that have no souls they can fight too

The main wincon for obito here i see is just BFR. Unless Ji Ning can see into the future or dimension teleport than that would work. I could see ning stabbing obito, and then obito bfr him. Die and then come back.

Not to mention you do have some control over where you spawn with izinagi. Shown in the danzo fight danzo didn't spawn exactly where he died in fact a lot of times he spawned closer.
Any other win cons?

It's also amusing how there's this assertion that Obito would for some reason know that keeping Ning more than a football field away would be in his best interest.

Like, I'm fairly sure he fights at closer ranges than what's being made out on this thread.
Orange-Mask Obito is almost always seen fighting in closer ranges.

White-Mask Obito fights noticeably more ranged courtesy of the Edo's and usually just got close whenever Naruto was beaten, or if the Jinchuriki were dealt with.

Frankly what are Ji Ning's wincons here?

Soul-Hax shouldn't work if it requires him to be physically close to somebody in another Dimension.
I'm not knowledgeable regarding Ji Ning, nor his verse, but just in premise it's hard to believe that he's so skilled to the point where he'll beat 7 seperate fighters with Shared Vision and Analytical Prediction at once.

Soul-Hax shouldn't work if it requires him to be physically close to somebody in another Dimension.
I'm not knowledgeable regarding Ji Ning, nor his verse, but just in premise it's hard to believe that he's so skilled to the point where he'll beat 7 seperate fights with Shared Vision and Analytical Prediction at once.
Exactly and the biju have the LS so they can grab JI with their hand or telekinesis and eat him or just seal him or bfr and etc Like JI loses they can’t accept that

6c plus. Obito can just fight at a range then genjutsu and bfr JI
Okay soo Ning slashes the Gedo to dust? Meh

I'm not knowledgeable regarding Ji Ning, nor his verse, but just in premise it's hard to believe that he's so skilled to the point where he'll beat 7 seperate fighters with Shared Vision and Analytical Prediction at once.
AoE, Danmaku, Telekinesis, Byakugan-like vision, danger sense, soul hax, one shot AP and durability, way higher skill, barriers, speed amps, and their stamina should be more or less the same (Ning can fight for days if he doesn't use his strongest techniques many times in a row).

Each one of these is meant to deal with one or multiple things in Obito's kit.

Exactly and the biju have the LS so they can grab JI with their hand or telekinesis and eat him or just seal him or bfr and etc Like JI loses they can’t accept that
I didn't see telekinesis in a single Biju profile.

And if they eat him Ning will kill them from the inside, that's not a smart move.

I didn't see telekinesis in a single Biju profile.

And if they eat him Ning will kill them from the inside, that's not a smart move.
They are made of chakra it won’t affect them?
Okay soo Ning slashes the Gedo to dust? Meh

AoE, Danmaku, Telekinesis, Byakugan-like vision, danger sense, soul hax, one shot AP and durability, way higher skill, barriers, speed amps, and their stamina should be more or less the same (Ning can fight for days if he doesn't use his strongest techniques many times in a row).

Genjutsu plus kamui bfr and that’s a gg no matter what you say.
He kinda did not just added since there are upgrades that are happening and would change the key that is used
derailing you can be reported

• AoE, Danmaku, Barriers and Telekinesis would get countered by Kamui unless there's some ulterior effect I'm unaware of.
  • Similarly with the Soul Hax if it requires him to be within range, as that won't happend as he'll reside in another Dimension for the most part.
  • An Obito that had half of his body possessed by Zetsu and was obscenely fatigued was still capable of reacting to and deflecting an attack from Six Paths Jubidara, who scales significantly above him. So unless the Speed amps are layered even more than that, then they're unlikely to do much.
  • I'm unaware of how Ji Ning's Danger Sense and Enhanced Vision works, but there have been examples of Obito's Kamui not being trackable.

Overall, I don't really see how this could conclude as a potent counter to Obito's skillset. If anything it seems vice-versa.

• AoE, Danmaku, Barriers and Telekinesis would get countered by Kamui unless there's some ulterior effect I'm unaware of.
  • Similarly with the Soul Hax if it requires him to be within range, as that won't happend as he'll reside in another Dimension for the most part.
  • An Obito that had half of his body possessed by Zetsu and was obscenely fatigued was still capable of reacting to and deflecting an attack from Six Paths Jubidara, who scales significantly above him. So unless the Speed amps are layered even more than that, then they're unlikely to do much.
  • I'm unaware of how Ji Ning's Danger Sense and Enhanced Vision works, but there have been examples of Obito's Kamui not being trackable.

Overall, I don't really see how this could conclude as a potent counter to Obito's skillset. If anything it seems vice-versa.
Exactly I couldn’t have said it better myself. The match goes genjutsu and kamui bfr gg

Those are to deal with the Biju and their attacks.
Soul hax is to deal with the Jins may Obito try to use them.
The amp will help him dodge Kamui
Scans?

Scans?
Genjutsu plus kamui bfr is gg
The man himself (@UchihaSlayer96 ) said this to me:

Me: the Biju are made of chakra and unable to be interacted with 100% of the time?

US96: No, absolutely not. They've been given physical bodies by Hagoromo.
Yes but they are just chakra read their profiles they cannot be killed so they eat Ji and that’s the end of that

- That accomplishes even less, as Yagura's water-mirror will essentially hard-counter this.

- Does Ji Ning resist his own Soul Hax? If not then same as above

- Offensive Kamui could outspeed an attack from Six Paths Jubidara aswell (As Obito is much faster teleporting others than himself), so this has to be extremely layered to even have a potential effect.

0475-002.png
0475-003.png

How old are you? 7yo? Go to sleep.
Duplication (Can use Shadow Clone Technique), Resurrection, Shockwave Creation, Absorption(Can accumulate natural energy and transfer chakra to others), Possession (Able to overwrite Narutos will with his own.), Intangibility(Although the Bijuu transform into physical matter and give themselves normal biological bodies, they are primarily made entirely out of energy and have been shown to exist in that state. As they are masses of energy in this state, they are impossible to kill by normal means), Energy Manipulation (Can manipulate chakra to create Tailed Beast Balls as well as additional appendages), Regeneration (Likely Low-Mid. His chakra helped heal Naruto after Sasuke's Chidori pierced a hole through his chest and right lung. Kurama should be able to heal himself with his chakra as well), Large Size (Type 2), Fear-Inducing Aura (Terrified Shin Uchiha into submission with his presence alone, and has consistently been shown to have extremely malevolent chakra), Statistics Amplification via Sage Technique and Naruto's Enhancement, Soul Manipulation and Non-Physical Interaction(Tailed Beast Chakra Arms users can interact with the soul), Resistance to Paralysis Inducement, Body Puppetry, and Possession(Bijū and Jinchūriki are capable of resisting[1][2]the binding effects and control of the Rinnegan's Black Receivers)

- That accomplishes even less, as Yagura's water-mirror will essentially hard-counter this.
How does it work? What's the strongest attack it has reflected?
Does Ji Ning resist his own Soul Hax? If not then same as above
Yep.
- Offensive Kamui could outspeed an attack from Six Paths Jubidara aswell (As Obito is much faster teleporting others than himself), so this has to be extremely layered to even have a potential effect.

0475-002.png
0475-003.png
That's Kamui's intangibility not the one he uses to BFR others tho.

How much faster SP Juubidara is compared to Obito? Ning's amp in this key aren't massive but still.

How does it work? What's the strongest attack it has reflected?

Yep.

That's Kamui's intangibility not the one he uses to BFR others tho.

How much faster SP Juubidara is compared to Obito? Ning's amp in this key aren't massive but still.
Juubidara is one of the fastest characters of the verse and his amps are massive. Yagura refelcted Kcm Naruto and bees attacks so it’s potent anyway genjutsu plus kamui bfr and sealing gg. Obito can kamui anyone close to him read his profile

Back